FA starts shortly. Here are some random thoughts.
* Leon Washington was cut by the Seahawks today. He could be of interest to replace Dion Lewis as the #3 RB and to be the primary KOR.
* Antoine Winfield was also cut. The Vikings let him go when he wouldn’t take a pay cut. Eagles aren’t likely to be interested due to age, but I have to admit I’ve been a huge fan since he was at Ohio State. Excellent run defender. Michael Vick will vouch for him as a blitzer. Would be interesting to sign him for a year to play the slot. Again, not likely.
* Jason La Canfora just tweeted that the Eagles are involved in the Revis trade talks. No idea if this is true or agent games.
* I predict that the Eagles will sign or be in strong negotiations with TE/FB/H-back James Casey. Could happen in the first 24 hours. That doesn’t mean he’s a priority target. Just could be easy to do a deal since he won’t have 10 teams bidding for him.
* I think the Eagles will add a pair of starting DBs. This could happen quickly or take 10 days. There aren’t any great targets. There is no need to rush in and overpay someone from this group.
* Still no word on if the Jake Long rumors are anything more than agent talk. I’m still hesitant to buy in, but the Eagles were also linked to Eric Winston so I can’t totally dismiss the notion of a RT signing. Now Jeff McLane says the Eagles could be interested, but hints that only at the right price. Best guess is some other team overpays him to play LT.
* NNAMDI IS GONE. Done deal. Relax and exhale.
* Get ready for an interesting couple of weeks. We’ll learn about Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly. There will be some frustrating moments, but hopefully mostly good stuff. The Eagles have a chance to get a heckuva lot better if they can make the right moves.