The Eagles lead the Bears 21 to 14, but the score is pretty meaningless in preseason. The Eagles starters were sloppy. Don’t make too much of that. The opener is the least important preseason game there is.
This game has actually been a success so far. The biggest key…no major injuries. Beyond that, some young players are playing well and showing that they might be able to help the team this year.
* Josh Huff with a long KOR for a TD
* Damion Square with a blocked FG
* Backup DL Brandon Bair has been excellent at RDE
* LB Marcus Smith has shown good athleticism so far
* NT Beau Allen is playing his butt off. He’s all over the place
* LG Matt Tobin has played well
* WR Ifeanyi Momah actually has a couple of catches against NFL starters…didn’t expect that
I was also impressed with Malcolm Jenkins and Nate Allen. Earl Wolff didn’t catch my eye. There are plenty of veterans who looked good or flashed, but I don’t want to get into all of that right now.
There are several things to be concerned about. We’ll be discussing them for the next week.
For now, cheer for no injuries and more young guys to play well.