Friday Night

Posted: March 14th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 421 Comments »

All quiet on the western front.

No Eagles news on Friday. Evan Mathis wasn’t traded. Sam Bradford didn’t get a contract extension. No new DBs were added. Just a day of peace and quiet.

I think this is actually a good thing. The past 10 days have been incredibly interesting with all the moves, but it has been hard to step back and see the big picture. What is Chip Kelly trying to do? What is the endgame here?

Every time I think I’ve got a handle on what he might be doing, there is a new rumor or report that throws me for a loop. It ought to be really fun to sit back on about May 10 and look at the roster. Kelly will have had free agency, the draft and UDFAs to add the players he wants and to shape the team as he sees fit.

For now, we concentrate on S, WR and OG. I expect at least one more FA signing, but there could be a couple. Eventually Kelly will have to address some spots with draft picks.

Speaking of the draft, the Eagles did have people at Oregon’s Pro Day. They checked out Marcus Mariota and others. The Eagles are going to be prepared to draft Mariota if he does slide. Kelly knows him inside-out, but Pat Shurmur and QB coach Ryan Day don’t know Mariota. Day was at Oregon to study Marcus and figure out what he thinks.

From what all the reports said, Mariota didn’t have a strong performance. I don’t think that will have a significant impact, but it could be good news for the Eagles. If one of the teams up high was going back and forth on drafting Mariota, something like this could have an effect. I still think he’s more than likely to go Top 5, at least Top 10.

But we’ll see. If he does slide…things could get interesting.

Agholor is a Jeremy Maclin type of player. Could be an interesting target in the 2nd round.

421 Comments on “Friday Night”

1. 1 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 12:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Right now we need 2OG,S,2WR,CB…would we take L.Collins with #20 pick and then get a WR at #52? What are your thoughts?

2. 2 oreofestar said at 12:42 AM on March 14th, 2015:

We aren’t drafting Landon

3. 3 Mitchell said at 12:46 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No sir! OL or Strong all the way baby!!!

4. 4 Balls to the walls Chip said at 1:46 AM on March 14th, 2015:

This topic is bothering me. We obviously need a safety but this draft has no good safties. It’s deep in WRs. But we also need a good offensive lineman to develop. WHAT TO DO?!!

5. 5 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 2:04 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I forgot the pass rusher. Can’t we sign Hardy?

6. 6 jaws80 said at 12:42 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The quiet day, things settling, it is beginning to feel safe to turn the focus to the draft, and assume that team wont change that much from now to draft (unless Mathis traded I suppose).

So, yes, guard, wr and safety are needs, and would love to have them addressed first three rounds. Guard and safety were needs before free agency and were not addressed. WR became a need during free agency. I dont mind having the other CB position be battled for with what we have now and one or two later round picks.

7. 7 ICDogg said at 12:47 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’ll feel a hell of a lot better about this team if we acquire a safety before the draft.

8. 8 Balls to the walls Chip said at 1:01 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Nate Allen’s contract made this just harder.

9. 9 ICDogg said at 1:16 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yes, price-wise he drove the market up.

10. 10 EagleNebula said at 1:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Got to say I am kinda happy for Nate. I liked him his rookie year, pre-wide nine contamination. I hope it works out for him in Oakland. That said, what the hell were they thinking with that contract?

11. 11 370HSSV 0773H said at 8:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Oakland lost out on a lot of FAs. Nobody wants to go there so they needed to overpay.

12. 12 EagleNebula said at 9:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I get they had to overpay but this was beyond that. It’s entering loan shark or blackmail territory. Did Nate have that many offers that he could drive the price up to nearly double what the other safety got?

13. 13 Dominik said at 9:29 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Lol. Nobody cares about the Raiders. If a Safety comes to you and says: hey, Chip, Nate Allen cashed in with the Raiders, I want that kind of money. For how many hours do you think Chip would be laughing?

There are teams and players that are creating the market. Seattle and the Bills with Lynch/Shady. Eagles with Maxwell. But the Raiders are so desperate, nobody cares about the money they pay.

14. 14 A Roy said at 8:43 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No confidence in a healthy Wolff?

15. 15 Media Mike said at 8:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No confidence in Wolff being healthy.

16. 16 bsuperfi said at 9:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Even if Wolff is healthy he’s a huge gamble. He’s so athletic but he’s never produced. Word seems to be that he just doesn’t recognize and play fast enough. More of an athlete than a polished football player.

I remember last year at his time hoping that Wolff won the job but thinking Nate may have a Good shot. I also remember thinking it would be bad if Nate won it becAuse Wolff has a higher ceiling with his athleticism. Then again, while Nate didn’t pan out, there’s a reason he was a much higher draft pick than Wolff. Wolff has virtually no production in the nfl to this point. I wouldn’t treat him like anything more Han a lottery ticket.

17. 17 bdbd20 said at 11:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I actually think it will be Wolff. Somebody asked Spadaro who he thinks will be the starter beside Jenkins. He said that he has an idea but won’t reveal the name. I took this to mean that the guy is currently on the roster.

18. 18 370HSSV 0773H said at 8:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think the only way we can get a safety is by a trade. Watkins and Wolff are still options.

19. 19 Media Mike said at 8:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The Watkins conversion project would be interesting. I noticed that Kelly didn’t mention his name when talking about dudes that could complete for the 2nd outside CB spot.

20. 20 370HSSV 0773H said at 8:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Not sure how healthy Thurmond is, but I would play him at nickel and move Boykin to the outside. Then try Watkins at safety.

21. 21 Media Mike said at 9:03 AM on March 14th, 2015:

If they play Boykin outside I hope the reports harass the BS out of Billy Davis every time he talks. Did Boykin undergo some type of metamorphosis from last year?

22. 22 Anders said at 9:19 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No, we got a new DB coach

23. 23 Media Mike said at 9:21 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t recall Davis ever saying the DB coach is who said that Boykin couldn’t play outside. If you’re correct, I hope the reporters hound Davis on that point instead.

24. 24 Anders said at 9:25 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He never said it, but it would make sense that the DB coach who just saw Cliff Harris get paid big money would be able to provide some perspective on the need for 6’+ guys on the outside.

25. 25 Media Mike said at 9:30 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I agree, but I’m not done flaming the team over the choke end to the season vs. Dallas and Washington due in part to a lack of and adaptable coaching mindset on D.

26. 26 Anders said at 9:32 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I blame that more on just Nate Allen been terrible, Boykin wouldnt be able to cover Bryant (too big) or Jackson (too fast) with out a good safety.

27. 27 Media Mike said at 9:47 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I blame everybody!

28. 28 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 9:30 AM on March 14th, 2015:

wouldnt count much on Wolff, his knee surgery was no joke. wouldnt be surprised if he spent next season on IR. too bad, what an athlete

29. 29 Anders said at 9:32 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think he starts on PUP, but I doubt he goes on IR

30. 30 RC5000 said at 1:06 AM on March 14th, 2015:

n/m.

31. 31 ICDogg said at 1:12 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Not sure how it all works out but they’ve both lost guys to FA and signed FA’s, so I doubt we get any comp picks.

32. 32 RC5000 said at 1:18 AM on March 14th, 2015:

you’re right …n/m

33. 33 sfphillyfan said at 1:20 AM on March 14th, 2015:

are we back to drafting needs? or best player available? prefer the latter

34. 34 Mitchell said at 1:31 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Luckily, for this draft, I think our needs will coincide perfectly with BPA. Strong WR class and many good OL in first and second round. Also, not a super talented safety draft but I think there are several options later.

35. 35 RC5000 said at 1:39 AM on March 14th, 2015:

What OL (preferably guard upgrades) do you like for this zone blocking system? There’s Fisher obviously.

36. 36 Mitchell said at 2:06 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Several of us have shown interest in Clemmings as well. I think bit will be available at 20. Perfect situation is to trade down from 20 and still nab Fisher.

37. 37 RC5000 said at 2:19 AM on March 14th, 2015:

thanks. does that mean moving Lane to guard or moving Clemmings? Or figure it out later? talking this year obviously and likely scenario…

38. 38 D3FB said at 4:17 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Clemmings plays RG this year. It allows you to play to his best ability which is his brute strength. It allows you to ease his transition from a power gap scheme to our zone looks, and hides him from speed rushers as he adjust to the league. You still can pull him and get him in space to exploit his athleticism. Down the road he can move to RT when Lane kicks to LT.

39. 39 RC5000 said at 4:30 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Really like it. You don’t find strong, versatile, and athletic linemen easily. Really wasn’t able to keep up with draft this year because of personal issues. Thanks.

40. 40 D3FB said at 4:36 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No problem. Here are my other write ups for ScoutsNotebook:

Brandon Scherff: http://scoutsnotebook.com/2015/03/01/scouting-report-ot-brandon-scherff/

Ty Sambraillo: http://scoutsnotebook.com/2015/02/06/scouting-report-ot-ty-sambrailo/

Paul Dawson: http://scoutsnotebook.com/2015/01/15/ilb-paul-dawson-scouting-report/

Dante Fowler:http://scoutsnotebook.com/2015/01/14/lbde-dante-fowler-scouting-report/

Bud Dupree: http://scoutsnotebook.com/2015/01/13/delb-bud-dupree/

41. 41 Matt Patrick said at 4:43 AM on March 14th, 2015:

What do u think of us potentially drafting Green-Beckam or Perriman? See either as good fits?

42. 42 D3FB said at 4:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Green-Beckham no. Top player in his recruiting class but didn’t do much as a freshman. Had alot of wow plays as a sophomore but didn’t put up an insane stat line. Clearly a troubled young man. Don’t see it as a wise use of resources.

Perriman really intrigues me. He’s my WR5. I really want more film on him to truly dig in.

43. 43 Matt Patrick said at 4:51 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You think chip’s offense could get the best out of Hakeem nicks if we were to sign him. Could be a cheap option

44. 44 D3FB said at 4:55 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think Hicks may be done. If the price is right I wouldn’t be opposed.

45. 45 Insomniac said at 5:40 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Is there any under the radar WRs that you would suggest watching breakdowns on?

46. 46 D3FB said at 6:25 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Breshaud Perriman
    Kenny Bell
    Josh Harper
    Tre McBride
    Dezmin Lewis

47. 47 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 2:04 AM on March 14th, 2015:

We should sign Hardy to a 1 year I promise I won’t hit a chick deal with option for year 2.
    Get him on the cheap. We need a pass rusher too!

48. 48 jesse said at 2:45 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He’s a 4-3 DE can’t seem him fitting scheme poor culture

49. 49 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 3:01 AM on March 14th, 2015:

So were cole and graham. He can convert.

50. 50 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 4:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

WR-Cecil Shorts?

51. 51 Matt Patrick said at 4:41 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Forgot about him. He would be a solid receiver, definite upgrade over Cooper!!

52. 52 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 4:47 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yeah, he’s decent after the catch. Kind of the opposite of Cooper. If Bradford has that quick release, it’d make sense. Plus he shouldn’t be too expensive. He’s fairly young but does have some injury issues (along with every other new eagle!).

53. 53 Matt Patrick said at 4:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Hakeem Nicks?? Chip’s offense puts him back to his old self like a few years ago??

54. 54 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 4:56 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yeah, that could work. The only thing is that he’d have to play ST as well, can he?

55. 55 Media Mike said at 8:51 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Very interesting name to round out the group. I’m really going to be unhappy with any development in the WR group that doesn’t have Cooper put back in the WR 4 spot as a special teams ace for his remaining year on the team.

56. 56 Media Mike said at 8:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t want that piece of trash on my team.

57. 57 mtn_green said at 2:19 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Seems no lesson learned from dream team. Nor Arelius Benn nor Phillips.
    FA don’t always work, some ACL injury folks never recover. Some oft injured players are often injured.

Seems there is some throwing of the dice.

58. 58 Alistair Middlemiss said at 6:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Dream team was never that dreamy honestly. Lot of cheap injured players with declining production and Nnamdi who sucked in the end. The eagles have added younger better talent in this FA than they did in 2011 (we had a lot more money this year)

59. 59 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 3:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

So were cole and graham, he can convert.

60. 60 Matt Patrick said at 4:09 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Really think we should sign Ron Parker, and I’m prolly dreaming but Dwayne Bowe would be incredible!! He’ll undoubtedly be too pricey though. As far as the draft, how bout we trade back, pick up an additional 3rd, draft either Green-Beckam or Perriman or even Strong in late 1st rd, then go interior o line in 2nd. Can Erving would be my top choice, but there are tons of good guards to be had in rounds 2-4.

61. 61 D3FB said at 4:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Ehhhh. I would have to disagree on the guards.

Cann, Tomlinson, Matias, Jackson, Miller don’t really fit us.

I see Sambraillo, Mitch Morse, Hickey, and Marpet (maybe Grasu) as the only real OL in the mid rounds.

62. 62 Matt Patrick said at 5:03 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Erving can play every position along line… Very versatile

63. 63 Wintrode said at 6:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

If we stay put at 20, I think there will be a very solid tackle in play. Who fits our scheme best of the top guys?

Scherff
    Collins
    Peat
    Fisher
    Flowers
    Havenstein
    Cleammings
    Sambraillo

Secondly, would it be better to take one of these guys to play inside thie next couple years and as eventual replacement for Peters or take the top guard?

64. 64 BreakinAnklez said at 8:22 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Replacement for Lane..

65. 65 Anders said at 9:13 AM on March 14th, 2015:

At OT?

I would go Collins then Fischer, do not have great fell for the rest been Ts for us

66. 66 D3FB said at 6:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Scherff is a G only.
    Collins is a G or RT.
    Peat isn’t on my board.
    Fisher can play all 4 spots.
    Havenstein is no way in hell a Chip Kelly OL.
    Clemmings can start RG day 1, move to RT.
    Sambraillo is a bit under powered so he could start at G but may struggle a bit but has LT feet in the long run.

I prefer Clemmings or Fisher at RG. When Peters retires move Lane to LT and kick them to RT.

67. 67 Alistair Middlemiss said at 6:35 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I am not be 100% sure what we want at Guard at the moment. I assumed we wanted to continue the philosophy of having hyper athletic linemen, but the cutting of toddfather and the rumours of a Mathis trade means that assumption could be wrong.

Both Seattle and San Fran run similar schemes but with very different ideas of the kinds of body types the want on the line. Will be interesting to see the direction we go.

68. 68 Anders said at 8:17 AM on March 14th, 2015:

First of Toddfather is not hyper athletic and 2nd Mathis is more about cap and age than skill.

69. 69 Anders said at 8:17 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think Tomlinson fits with us

70. 70 Media Mike said at 8:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The why not / mid-free agency mock draft

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): Hauoli Kikaha, OLB/DE, Washington (B)
    Round 2 Pick 20: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
    Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 20: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (B)
    Round 4 Pick 14: Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 9: Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (B-)
    Round 5 Pick 20: Clayton Geathers, SS, UCF (A)
    Round 6 Pick 20: Zach Wagenmann, DE, Montana (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Deon Simon, DT, Northwestern St. (C+)

Some reaches for sure, but tried to attack best available as best I could.

71. 71 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 9:58 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Do we have 2 pics in rd. 2?

72. 72 Stanimal said at 10:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He traded back in this mock draft game.

73. 73 Anders said at 10:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think Kikaha is the only reach

74. 74 Mitchell said at 10:18 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You know I love that Derron Smith pick!

75. 75 RichC, first round value said at 10:38 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You traded down four picks in the 1st round and reached for an OLB? I feel like I’ve seen this movie before Mike.

Plus you have to understand that the game is fun, but the compensation is out of control. A 2015 2nd rounder for 4 slots? ho did ‘Zona take at 20? Jameis Winston?

76. 76 RC5000 said at 10:39 AM on March 14th, 2015:

boy you better nail that first pick. not all that impressed w/ perriman in this draft but it’s because i like some others. maybe take chris conley a little later.put Dorsett there in place of Perriman.

77. 77 Frencheaglesfan said at 8:46 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Don’t you guys feel like this draft is clearly a defining moment of Chip Career in Philly? If we score on impactful rookies, we could definitely move to the top tier of the league, if we fail to adress our needs accordingly it may backfire on the free agency “bolds trades and risk signings” Kelly made.

78. 78 Media Mike said at 8:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I totally get what you’re saying about needing some major hits in the draft, but I’d argue that only the W/L record vs. this collection of slop we’re playing this year and playoff success is what we’re going to use to define Kelly this season and next.

79. 79 Frencheaglesfan said at 8:56 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Agree, but the production of our soon to be rookies will be a major part of this success/failure

80. 80 KAJomo said at 9:57 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think it all comes down to Bradford’s health.

81. 81 Media Mike said at 8:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

So I think I’ve made myself OK with having to trust an increased level of production from Huff as a major chunk of how we replace Maclin’s production.

I’ve not really made myself ok with what’s going on at safety and RG right now because I have zero faith in what’s currently on the roster as useful enough to start.

82. 82 GermanEagle said at 8:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Last time I checked the season doesn’t start tomorrow. πŸ˜‰

83. 83 Media Mike said at 9:02 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Agreed, but the names left for guard and safety kind of suck.

84. 84 GermanEagle said at 9:29 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I still got hopes for Wisniewski.

85. 85 Media Mike said at 9:31 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Seattle’s new center. Book it.

86. 86 oreofestar said at 9:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

What about Collins is he still worth looking at our did he sign?

87. 87 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 9:59 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I just can’t trust huff.

88. 88 Alistair Middlemiss said at 9:13 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I have been trying to think of out of the box solutions for our Safety situation.

How about – Charles Tillman to play as a Free Safety? Has the physical style – has been playing at a decent level even at 34 and he could have 1-2 seasons left at safety.

89. 89 GermanEagle said at 9:30 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The Eagles need to think inside the box.

90. 90 lonfident said at 9:33 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’m not sure that’s in Chip’s skill set πŸ˜‰

91. 91 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 9:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Why not draft L. Collins in the 1st and a WR in 2nd Rd.?

92. 92 oreofestar said at 9:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I was working on a mock that had us going Collins/Smith

93. 93 oreofestar said at 10:21 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’m sorry I saw L.Collins and immediately though LA’ el Collins

94. 94 Anders said at 10:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Collins does not fit what we want

95. 95 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 10:23 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I know. I am just begging for a hard-hitting safety after all these years without DAWK.

96. 96 fran35 said at 10:19 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t think there is any way Collins makes it to 20

97. 97 oreofestar said at 9:22 AM on March 14th, 2015:

When is Sammy restructuring damn it we need cap space lol

98. 98 Media Mike said at 9:24 AM on March 14th, 2015:

How about a DeMeco cut?

99. 99 oreofestar said at 9:26 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well at this point Chip pretty much said he’s not getting cut but he sure as hell be taking a pay cut if not paying 7M to a backup is a bad allocation of resources

100. 100 Media Mike said at 9:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He’s worth $2 mil in that role. Especially if he’s going to be laying down on the job on the PUP.

101. 101 oreofestar said at 9:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I mean at the very least he needs to cut his salary in half

102. 102 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 9:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

2 for 1, Celek needs a visit to Howie’s office

103. 103 Media Mike said at 9:29 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You’re locked into Celek for the season. But I wouldn’t mind a TE draft pick this year to make the 2016 gang Ertz, Burton, and 2nd year TE.

104. 104 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 9:33 AM on March 14th, 2015:

ah, saw you said cut, didnt feel like editing. think both should get new contracts, take 50% paycut, take 2 yr contracts. both are NFL players still, neither should get starter snaps. all cutting them does is creat another hole. unless Eags find WR somewhere, Ertz needs to be out on the field.

105. 105 Anders said at 9:33 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Give me Maxx Williams. Him+Ertz with Huff and Matthews (and a mid round draft pick) would be sick

106. 106 oreofestar said at 9:36 AM on March 14th, 2015:

That would be pretty filthy

107. 107 GEAGLE said at 10:45 AM on March 14th, 2015:

love Maxx. Big Fan… ill gladly settle on Jesse James tho

108. 108 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 9:44 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Celek can be cut with no dead money. We’d save 4.8 mil.
    Cooper can be cut after June 1st, we’d save 1 mil. But be hit with 3mil.
    of dead money (cut him anyway!)

109. 109 GEAGLE said at 10:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

not going to happen… chip wont throw him out on his ass while he is in the middle of achilles rehab. no one will touch him, he would be lucky to get a lowball offer, Meco injury came late in the season…. chip is doing Mufasa a solid, plus chip figures his leadership along with Celek will be more important then ever now that we are bringing in so many new faces and lost so many favorites from our locker room…

meco already knows Im sure that if we need money to sign someone, he will have to restructure, same with Celek… but if there is nothing to do with the $$, they will let Meco keep it… either way, i expect Meco and also celek to be here next year….there is no way chip will throw meco on his ass, midway thru rehab, and then what, make him make new rehab plans? Chip would have never let Meco start his rehab here if we were going to throw him on the street, and this year/summer his leadership and the rspect he commands from his peers will be more important to chip then ever…

110. 110 oreofestar said at 9:27 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I was thinking, ODB is likely the front runner for the Madden 16 cover but j don’t want to look at any ugly ass Giants player when I’m buying a game πŸ™

111. 111 Media Mike said at 9:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

ODB is the likely front runner for a hit to the knees. F Him. F NY.

112. 112 HawaiianEagle said at 9:31 AM on March 14th, 2015:

It’s only 3:29AM in Hawaii and I’m wearing my “Miracle in the New Meadowlands” T-shirt. F NY.

113. 113 Media Mike said at 9:31 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Good work! I hate the Giants and their fans more than any team we play in any sport.

114. 114 HawaiianEagle said at 9:33 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well originally from Los Angeles (LA Rams fan back in the day) – so I grew up hating the Boys. Gmen close second though.

115. 115 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 9:35 AM on March 14th, 2015:

see if he can play 16 games. even at LSU, he was all world talent but seemed questionable for game. seems to have a hammy or something nagging all the time.

116. 116 Anders said at 9:34 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Cant you just replace it with a customized with an Eagles player?

117. 117 Greg Richards said at 9:42 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Good! Put some non-Eagles NFC East player on the cover. All the Madden cover leads to is the Madden curse.

118. 118 oreofestar said at 9:44 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Meh I dont believe that, wouldn’t say Sherman was cursed but I really don’t want to look at ODB lol

119. 119 Dominik said at 9:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

So guys, if anyone needs some kool aid after this long and eventful week, just listen to the opening rant from this Colin Cowherd podcast:

It was pre Bradford trade, but it isn’t about the Bradford trade. It’s about Kelly as a transcendent person in Football.

Many of us know many of those things, but if someone is hitting you with it, punch, punch, punch, it’s still pretty amazing what he has done in his career so far. My favorite part was the one famous college coach (off the record of course, nobody would say something like that in public) saying: “We need to get this guy out of College Football. Can you imagine what he would do with Alabama talent?”

Cowherd is no Eagles fan, btw. He just likes Chip Kelly (obviously, if you listen to the rant).

I know it has been posted here before, on the day of the Bradford trade where at least I wasn’t in the mood for something like that. I’m not saying everything Cowherd says in this piece is right, but it sure gave me a better feeling about what Kelly is doing, at least what he’s capable of doing. Like I said at the beginning, a nice glass of kool aid can’t harm us, can it? I mean, we’re all in this thing, whether we agree with everything Kelly does or not.

120. 120 Dominik said at 11:34 AM on March 14th, 2015:

@oregonducker:disqus

Would you agree with Cowherds sentiment? Or are there some/many things you see differently?

121. 121 Michael Winter Cho said at 12:54 PM on March 14th, 2015:

He was always very pro-Reid Eagles, too. I think he believes Lurie is smart and hires good people (I agree).

122. 122 Dominik said at 1:48 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Well, Andy is a great coach. He made me an Eagles fan (since I’m from Europe, I literally could have gone 32 ways when it came to choosing a team to root for – but Andy and Vick were so much fun this one season…). I don’t get why he settles for noodle arm Smith at KC, f.e., but generally speaking, he is one of the brightest offensive minds in this league, imho.

It’s funny that in this offensive minded league, two of the best HCs are defensive coaches (Belichick, Carroll). But when you look at Offense minded, there is Chip, Payton and then, imho, there is Andy.

123. 123 EagleNebula said at 9:57 AM on March 14th, 2015:

This is fun:

124. 124 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 10:06 AM on March 14th, 2015:

always fun trolling bloggingtheboys. they act like JJ is sitting out free agency because it’s not the way to build a team. i know we can drink some kelly kool aid, but those clowns are bathing in JJ juice. they cant afford anyone. when Nate Allen is too expensive, you’ve plum F’d up your cap.
    their argument is you build thru the draft, which is 100% correct. fill holes with F/A, find upgrades, which they arent doing, team is puddle thin and only has 5 legit NFL starters on defense, maybe. but the part they seem to ignore is…everyone gets 7 or 8 picks! they havent stumbled onto some unknown resource and you might find 1 impact rookie a yr, they need like 8. delusional bunch.

125. 125 oreofestar said at 10:10 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Who are their 5 real starters on D? Even with all our spending we still have money than them

126. 126 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 10:15 AM on March 14th, 2015:

well, starters, not pro-bowers. it’s a rough group for sure. if they cant find a running game to hide that defense, might see some big ugly crooked numbers hung against them

127. 127 Frencheaglesfan said at 10:12 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I hate the boys, but I admit that they were quite smart in their last two drafts, I would like that trend to end

128. 128 oreofestar said at 10:13 AM on March 14th, 2015:

They’ve been drafting well even though Martin is super overrated it was still a hood pick honestly outside of Claiborne they’ve been doing well the last few years

129. 129 fran35 said at 10:15 AM on March 14th, 2015:

It pained me to see them not draft Johnny Manziel, almost as much as it pained JJ

130. 130 A Roy said at 12:26 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Man, wad I hoping Jerry would fu and draft Boyzeil.

131. 131 EagleNebula said at 10:12 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You have to resign your own to build through the draft and they can’t affor that either.

132. 132 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 10:20 AM on March 14th, 2015:

agree. it’s funny though, you read btb, they are acting like JJ is being fiscally responsible. he isnt doing anything, besides not restructuring Romo. they have no money. they offered Murray 4yrs 16m, like 6m g’d. the fans were like ‘stick to your guns JJ, dont overspend’. it’s crazy. it’s like going BMW shopping and offering 25k for a convertible and saying ‘well, if you dont want my business, your loss’. not really, there’s 250 people lined up behind you.

133. 133 oreofestar said at 10:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Raiders had like 60 M in carp space and ended up with Hudson and Allen, no one wants to play there it’s sad actually

134. 134 disqus_jY6ezV2Kt3 said at 10:03 AM on March 14th, 2015:

It is. Isn’t it also why they offered Allen so much? I mean they have to spend a certain amount and they aren’t close yet.

135. 135 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 10:08 AM on March 14th, 2015:

think a bunch of June 1st vet cuts will be on first plane out to Oakland to get blown-up contracts.

136. 136 oreofestar said at 10:12 AM on March 14th, 2015:

But even the Jags were getting some action Raiders got a center and Nate with 60 M

137. 137 Tumtum said at 10:22 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Hate the thought that we will be addressing needs with draft picks.

138. 138 HoagieFace said at 10:31 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The Nelson Agholor visit is very interesting. He seems like a Chip Kelly type of player. He’s very shifty and often makes people miss, he’s aggressive in fighting for the ball, and shows great effort blocking even when he is trying to block a linebacker. When I watched a few interviews of him he seems intelligent and composed. Definitely a Chip guy

139. 139 GEAGLE said at 10:42 AM on March 14th, 2015:

i hate Agholor, then again I hate every USC player just about… but i do acknowledge he is a much better player then i give him credit for… runs a little tougher then Mac after the catch

140. 140 HoagieFace said at 11:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

biases aside, he’s very good. Check out his tape

141. 141 GEAGLE said at 12:34 PM on March 14th, 2015:

i know he is a much better player then i give him credit for…i wouldnt hate the pick….

142. 142 RC5000 said at 10:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Meh i’m shy of USC WRs. gaudy stats though.

143. 143 47_Ronin said at 10:52 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Any thoughts on DGB out of Oklahoma via Mizzou? He has the height that Chip would love but some character issues.

144. 144 HoagieFace said at 11:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You know what, haven’t watched any of his tape because of the character concerns. I have watched CB Marcus Peters who apparently got kicked off the team at Washington for a dispute with coaches. He is the most talented corner in this class. That being said, does Chip take that guy? Character concerns are hard to judge because unless you can talk to the guy yourself who knows? I think DGB might have been accused of domestic battery. Were charges brought? Not sure. What I would think is that DGB has more size, but Agholor has a number of great traits accompanied with good character. Chip will take Agholor

145. 145 GermanEagle said at 10:46 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Let’s assume Mariota falls to #12 with the Browns being on the clock.

Provided the Browns were the ‘mystery team’ offering one of their 1st round picks (assuming it was their #19), would you offer Sam Bradford straight up for #12 and pick Mariota (with keeping pick #20)?!

That scenario would mean the follows:

Foles + 4th rounder in ’15 + 2nd rounder in ’16 for Mariota + 5th rounder in ’15 + 4th rounder in ’16

146. 146 RobNE said at 10:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I can’t imagine he falls that far. But of course chip would do that. I think jets at 6. They have a good team if they add a qb.

147. 147 GermanEagle said at 10:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The bigger question is though: would the Browns accept that trade offer!

148. 148 RobNE said at 11:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No you need to throw in more. Bradford is not worth 12. 12 is not a late round first.

149. 149 GEAGLE said at 10:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

doubt we are trading Bradford…. live with it πŸ™‚

150. 150 RobNE said at 10:51 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Or Foles

151. 151 BlindChow said at 11:38 AM on March 14th, 2015:

lol

152. 152 GermanEagle said at 11:01 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No idea. I am not sure if I actually prefer Mariota to Bradford to be honest.

153. 153 GEAGLE said at 11:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

id easily take bradford… the same experience in a shotgun spread as MM, only much more developed to pass against NFL defenses then MM…. MM only has healthy knees and running speed over MM… MM is as talented of an arm as we can ask for. MM might have as good of an arm, but his arm isnt better then Sam

154. 154 oreofestar said at 10:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Too bad we aren’t traded our franchise QB πŸ™‚

155. 155 GEAGLE said at 11:03 AM on March 14th, 2015:

chip didnt even go back on his word about signing Ryan Mathews, and people think Chip is going to trade a QB he just emphatically stated was his guy… lol as if chip would use Bradford to actively recruit Demarco, trick demarco into signing with us, and a month later trade Bradford? lol I wish Chip was as big of a scumbag but he isnt…he does this job with class… aka not throwing Meco out on his ass 4 months after surgery while he is halway into his rehab at novacare///

156. 156 Dominik said at 11:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

On the other hand, we need to sign a Safety. The pay cut Meco just HAS to get is overdue, imo.

157. 157 GEAGLE said at 12:32 PM on March 14th, 2015:

if there is a player we want that we have a chance of signing, im sure you will see him restructure… if we dont want anyone and there is no reason for it, we probably wont….. either way I dont know why people care until there is something to do with the money….. safety market blows, even if we sign someone it wont cost much

158. 158 Frencheaglesfan said at 10:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I woud rather give Murray + Mathis + 20th. Have the combo of bradford mariota would be unreal.

159. 159 BlindChow said at 11:38 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The only way the Browns would trade their 12th for Bradford would be if the Eagles threw in the 20th.

Sounds like they didn’t even offer the 12th to the Rams, so why on earth would they just give it to the Eagles?

160. 160 GermanEagle said at 12:12 PM on March 14th, 2015:

And why would the Eagles throw in #20 plus Bradford if they were offered #19 straight up for Sammie?! Wouldn’t make much sense either way.

161. 161 BlindChow said at 12:57 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I guess that’s true.

But in this scenario, the Eagles would also get MM, so I could see a straight swap (#20 for #12), plus Bradford.

162. 162 GermanEagle said at 1:14 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Rather stick with Sammie and invest our #20 in OL, WR or trade down to collect more picks.

163. 163 BlindChow said at 1:26 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I’d be okay with that plan.

164. 164 RobNE said at 10:48 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’ve read chip will restructure Bradford with big signing bonus then if he trades him, chip has traded cap space. I assume that makes trade more attractive to other team.

But doesn’t trade accelerate the bonus into this year for cap, and could we absorb that?

165. 165 KAJomo said at 10:51 AM on March 14th, 2015:

We are not trading bradford. Everyone needs to get use to that fact that he is our QB

166. 166 RobNE said at 10:52 AM on March 14th, 2015:

That isn’t my question. You have no idea.

167. 167 oreofestar said at 10:52 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Thank you.

168. 168 GEAGLE said at 10:55 AM on March 14th, 2015:

just let them be delusional…. im not even sure chip wants Mariota over Bradford… mariota has nothing going for him over bradford besides two healthy knees and runs faster which our coach has proven to not give the slightest shit about when selecting his QB, yet people still wont give it a rest…. if Mariota didnt run fast, none of these people would even give a crap about him..what a joke

same national people assumed Marone wanted his QB Nassib, yet he drafted EJ…LOL people have no immagination and just want to connect the obvious dots, its easier then critical thinking for themselves… takes left effort to accept the dumb media brainwash

169. 169 RobNE said at 10:56 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You have no credibility on this.

170. 170 A Roy said at 12:22 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Perhaps our little boy is showing growth…

171. 171 mksp said at 12:54 PM on March 14th, 2015:

lol

172. 172 anon said at 1:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

what? chip called mariota peyton in terms of decision making, he also understands the system. has chemistry already w/ the rest of his teammates.

173. 173 Frencheaglesfan said at 10:55 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I agree but not trading him doesn’t mean he will be our starter week 1, not speaking about injury or sanchez. If mariota falls bradford or not Chip will draft him

174. 174 GEAGLE said at 10:56 AM on March 14th, 2015:

MM would NEVER start day 1 ahead of a health Sam

175. 175 Frencheaglesfan said at 10:57 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Maybe not but that would be a hell of a situation to end up with those 2 on our roster.

176. 176 GEAGLE said at 10:58 AM on March 14th, 2015:

not a bad problem to have

177. 177 oreofestar said at 10:56 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well I hope the Redskins take him at 5 and put everyone out their misery

178. 178 GEAGLE said at 10:57 AM on March 14th, 2015:

my dream!!! they dont know what to do with a running QB who is an underdeveloped NFL passer anyway… they would end up having MM and RG3 race the 40 in practice to see who wins the starting job every week lol… 3 years from now the skins will be trading MM to chip for cheap anyway

179. 179 oreofestar said at 10:58 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yep that’s dream scenario

180. 180 anon said at 1:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

thts my other dream, they’d be exta terrible

181. 181 Frencheaglesfan said at 10:58 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’m fine with bradford, I love the guy and he’s talented, obviously injury is the question mark, but I think Mariota+ bradford is better than bradford + another 1st round rookie.

182. 182 oreofestar said at 10:59 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well I hope we wouldn’t waste a first rounder on a QB

183. 183 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:01 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yeah it is a big risk, if you draft him and he’s showing potential like tebow or manziel it is a double loss especially if you selected him instead of a future lane johnson or ODB. But 2 potential franchise QB is better than 1 potential, doesn’t mean it equals to having a real one but QB is the most important position.

184. 184 oreofestar said at 11:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Id rather take another player there honestly, because if Sam is the franchise you essentially watsed a first round pick on what could have a been a franchise wr or lineman

185. 185 Dominik said at 11:08 AM on March 14th, 2015:

As long as you draft legitimate QBs and no Tebows, Manziel etc., QBs tend to have some value even if they don’t turn out to be stars or even starters.

Sam Bradford, q.e.d.

186. 186 GEAGLE said at 11:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

i cant be thrilled about having Kiko and be sick about losing Maclin, and then hate sam bradford when theyu all have the same injury situation… it makes no sense… when i read the crazy stat of something like 60 ACLs getting torn in the past year and a half or so, it made me feel much better

187. 187 Andy Six Score and Four said at 11:22 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Correction: We’re not trading Bradford this year. Who knows about next year. Chip is now 3 for 3 in different opening day starters at QB.

188. 188 oreofestar said at 11:24 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He’s our Samchize

189. 189 RobNE said at 12:25 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Correction: we have not already traded Bradford. That’s all we know.

190. 190 RC5000 said at 10:57 AM on March 14th, 2015:

you’re not making sense… you don’t want to pay big dead money for nothing.

191. 191 RobNE said at 11:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

MM is not nothing.

192. 192 oreofestar said at 11:01 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well we don’t know that πŸ˜› but we are talking about eating a ton of cap and giving up assets with a a QB we just gave up assets for to get Mariota who may be worse

193. 193 RobNE said at 11:02 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Im asking could we do it. Not would you.

194. 194 RC5000 said at 11:06 AM on March 14th, 2015:

nope. too much resources.why would he want 27 yr old back?

195. 195 oreofestar said at 11:07 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Technically we could but it may put us over the cap

196. 196 oreofestar said at 11:10 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Depending on the new contract we could be eating quite a bit of dead for a player to never play for us

197. 197 RC5000 said at 11:03 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You’re silly. It’s a terrible idea, waste of resources he isn’t worth a huge contract and picks/players.

198. 198 oreofestar said at 11:00 AM on March 14th, 2015:

What do we think Sam’s extension will look like anyway? I’d assume it would be like 2 years

199. 199 RobNE said at 11:07 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t know I came here to ask but everyone just wants to tell me what chip will do. Which no one knows. To think he has no interest in MM is crazy.

200. 200 RC5000 said at 11:20 AM on March 14th, 2015:

you think he’s paying murray and maxwell AND expending cap space and draft picks to go w/ 21 year old qb? really? chip knows it’s the NFL.

201. 201 RobNE said at 11:26 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Glad you know what chip will do.

202. 202 oreofestar said at 11:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Only way Mariota is an Eagles is if he seriously falls, like oit of the top 10 even then Cleveland, Houston, New Orleans? Could still be in the market for a QB

203. 203 RobNE said at 11:30 AM on March 14th, 2015:

You don’t know. You can say you think it only makes sense…but everyone here just knows for sure what chip will do, which is really incredible.

204. 204 oreofestar said at 11:35 AM on March 14th, 2015:

OK let me clarify then, that is what I think but like everyone else I have no clue what Chip will do but in fairness you also said anyone who thinks Chip doesn’t want Mariota is crazy as if you know what he’s thinking either

205. 205 RobNE said at 12:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

he wants him. Whether he wants him enough to do anything who knows.

206. 206 RC5000 said at 11:40 AM on March 14th, 2015:

you’re right. he could trade this year and next year’s draft for Mm and keep Sam because who knows what chip will do?

207. 207 RC5000 said at 11:34 AM on March 14th, 2015:

we’ll see if he does what you think

208. 208 RobNE said at 12:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I’m suggesting Chip will give Bradford an extension and that extension will fit the model I mentioned above, and this will give Chip more flexibility and a more valuable asset should MM drop enough for Chip to make a move attractive to Chip.

That’s all I’ve been suggesting. I’m not saying he is definitely trading, and I don’t understand the comments this morning knowing he won’t.

209. 209 RC5000 said at 12:36 PM on March 14th, 2015:

For me, it’s about roster construction and MM’s youth and development curve. Giving up future assets to get Marcus with so many players in their late 20’s and older. look at the ages of our Dbs and most OL

210. 210 RobNE said at 12:41 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I hear you and that’s a reason not to do it, but I don’t know how Chip weighs all the factors. A trade would not surprise me if MM slips, that’s all.

211. 211 Michael Winter Cho said at 12:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

It’s funny how some people now seem to think they know what Chip’s going to do, despite recent evidence to the contrary. The dust has barely settled and the mind is still reeling, but they are already solidifying their narratives.

212. 212 OregonDucker said at 11:34 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Correct RobNE.

213. 213 ACViking said at 11:40 AM on March 14th, 2015:

OD . . .

You’ve got the ACV knarr sailing at top speed again!!!

214. 214 OregonDucker said at 11:42 AM on March 14th, 2015:

“Thar she Blows AC”! “Is she the Great White Devil”? “Damn her, damn her to hell boys”!

215. 215 RobNE said at 11:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I expect a better ending this time.

216. 216 OregonDucker said at 11:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

My point RobNE is that Chip is NOT captain Ahab. He will not blindly pursue his white whale to the detriment of his ship nor his crew.

217. 217 RobNE said at 12:29 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I get it but seemed like MM was the whale so I went with it. Or maybe MM is some of ours.

218. 218 ACViking said at 11:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

OD:

Close to the final lines spoken by the character Taylor (Charlton Heston) in the original “Planet of the Apes.”

Fantasic twist of an ending.

219. 219 RobNE said at 11:47 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I’ve always been on the MM train. This is a long con. And a good one.

220. 220 ACViking said at 11:52 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The human mind is so masterful at denying what’s right in front of your eyes.

221. 221 Dominik said at 11:47 AM on March 14th, 2015:

If you have a minute, I asked you a question on my post of the Cowherd podcast. If you have something to add, I’d appreciate it.

Because while we all can’t predict what Chip is doing, you know him pretty well because you follow him longer than most of us.

222. 222 OregonDucker said at 12:10 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Dominik – What I would add is that Chip does not blindly pursue his assumptions of what should be done in football. For example, he had an assumption that lighter, faster OL could execute zone blocking faster than a typical SEC OL. He was very successful in the Pac 10 (now 12) using this approach.

Then he ran into Auburn in the Championship game. Since that game he is now looking for size and speed to handle exceptional DL players who dominate the line of scrimmage. Now he looks for exceptional OL to execute his system.

So to summarize, Chip is constantly learning and modifying his football principals. The turnover you are seeing during FA is clear evidence that major revisions are taking place regarding his formula for NFL success. Coaches around the league should be very, very afraid of Chip.

223. 223 Dominik said at 1:39 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Thanks! Interesting nugget Re O-Line. And a simple revision seems to be the power bock vs. dancing, looking for homerun back. Which is funny, because Barner, Thomas, LMJ – they are maybe one cut backs, but absolutely no power backs – the opposite, one could say. So he seems to think he needs those bruisers for his scheme in the NFL.

224. 224 anon said at 1:41 PM on March 14th, 2015:

yup look at playoff teams.

225. 225 Anders said at 2:05 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Chris Brown (smartfootball.com) has a theory that the Eagles will go to a more of a mix of man and zone, more close to what Cowboys used last year or what Bama did under Stoutland.

Based on that, certain guys we assume aint a fit at guard, might be.

226. 226 BlindChow said at 11:34 AM on March 14th, 2015:

If the signing bonus is less than his current cap hit, then the Eagles could easily absorb it. I don’t know if this has ever been done before, but it would be interesting.

227. 227 Dominik said at 11:40 AM on March 14th, 2015:

It makes no sense. The team who would be trading for Bradford can negotioate with him directly. There is no need for us taking a cap hit.

228. 228 Andy Six Score and Four said at 11:43 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Sounds like the Hinkie/NBA thought process. Get better value for an asset by agreeing to eat money/cap space for the other team. Treating cap space like a tradeable asset.

229. 229 Dominik said at 11:44 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Doesn’t make sense in the NFL, though.

230. 230 RC5000 said at 12:12 PM on March 14th, 2015:

It’s not like the Sixers at all. eagles have a lot of good veteran players.

231. 231 Andy Six Score and Four said at 1:05 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Referring to using our cap space as a trade asset the way the sixers have been doing. Yes, the idea is extremely similar. I never implied anything about the talent on our roster.

232. 232 RobNE said at 11:46 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Yes there is it increases the value of our asset in the trade

233. 233 Dominik said at 11:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

It doesn’t. The contract we’d be negotiating and the other team could accept is the same contract Bradford can sign with the team that is trading for him.

It doesn’t change anything for the other team, it only hurts us.

Plus, if we trade Bradford, he won’t sign a contract. Why should he? He can negotiate directly with the new team.

234. 234 RobNE said at 11:50 AM on March 14th, 2015:

The theory is we sign him to an extension soon then trade him at the draft. We use money and cap space to increase the value of Bradford in the trade.

235. 235 Dominik said at 11:52 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Still doesn’t make sense to me. NFL salary, unlike NBA, is not fully guar. In case of Bradford, there is no guar. money left, he won’t see anything if he’d be cut right now.

Same goes for the team that could be trading for him. Therefore, why does this increase his value?

236. 236 BlindChow said at 12:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Because this year he’ll cost $12m. If you renegotiate, he’d only cost (using ACV’s example) $6.5m, and the new team could cut him without having any bonus money to account for.

Make sense?

237. 237 Dominik said at 1:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Now I’m getting it. Still not really think that’s how it works in the NFL. But: Chip is so way out of the box, you’ll never know.

238. 238 BlindChow said at 12:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

No, if the other team negotiated after the trade, they’d then be on the hook for the bonus money.

Renegotiating before the trade would make the Eagles responsible for that money.

See ACViking’s sample contract above. The new team would be on the hook for only his 2015 salary, and cut him after the year with no further commitment. Negotiating that contract before a trade would save the new team 6.5 million.

Again, not saying this would happen, but it does in fact increase his trade value.

239. 239 ACViking said at 11:49 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Bradford’s owed nearly $13M in non-guaranteed salary for 2015.

Restructure, on eve of trade, could look something like this:
    __________

2 year deal:

New 2015 salary — $6.5M, guaranteed if Bradford on opening-day roster.

Signing Bonus — $6.5M paid upon signing.

New 2016 salary — $15M fully guaranteed if on OD roster

So, assuming a trade BEFORE opening day, Birds’ cap hit drops from $13M to $6.5 . . . because signing bonus accelerates.

(If Bradford traded AFTER opening day, Eagles’ cap hit is full $13M because all money for 2015 guaranteed at that point.)

New team gets Bradford on 2-year deal, $6.5M cap hit in 2015, with freedom to redo next year or cut Bradford loose with no cap consequences

240. 240 RobNE said at 11:51 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Watch this happen.

241. 241 oreofestar said at 11:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Us giving Brad a new deal? Yes I would expect that to happen

242. 242 RC5000 said at 12:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Who knows what Chip will do?

243. 243 RobNE said at 12:27 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I’m suggesting he will sign an extension that fits this model. You guys need some coffee this morning. Are we not allowed to discuss a possible trade because you don’t want it to happen?

244. 244 KAJomo said at 12:33 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think most people have come to the realization that Sam is our guy. Nothing if off the table with Chip, but all evidence points to us sticking with Bradford. Chip is out if the box, but he’s not stupid. Giving up picks for Bradford, extending and trading him to take in his cap space, and the use more picks to get MM is the definition of stupid. if we re-do Bradford’s deal it will be to lower hus cap hit this year and keep him around for a while.

245. 245 RobNE said at 12:35 PM on March 14th, 2015:

define “all evidence” please. I think a better argument is Chip decided trading to 1 or 2 is too expensive and took his next best option. Now he waits.

246. 246 KAJomo said at 12:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

The price he paid to get Bradford. Parading Bradford as his guy in front of the media. Talking extension to keep him around. It is highly unlikely he is making all of these moves in an elaborate plan to get MM.

Now if an oppurtunity presents itself that is too good to pass up I could see Chip making a move, but right now he is planning on Sam being his QB that he builds this team around.

The only reason anyone refuses to see this is because they believe, despite Chip refuting it several times, that we need a mobile QB. Bradford, if healthy, is as good or better passer than MM.

247. 247 oreofestar said at 12:53 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Bradford is a better passer than Mariota. I love MM as an Oregon fan but he wouldn’t be a top 10 pick in the draft if he couldn’t run

248. 248 RobNE said at 1:16 PM on March 14th, 2015:

but he can. Wilson wouldn’t be nearly as good if he couldn’t run.

249. 249 unhinged said at 2:02 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think that is the difference between them right now, and that is why Winston goes first. I’ve seen Winston buy time, scramble, make a phone call and then throw to an open receiver. MM may learn to do that but he hasn’t had to, and it’ isn’t in his repertoire. Kelly obviously thinks MM can adapt – a lot of folks do, but nobody can predict how long MM would need to develop QB pocket skills. Given what Kelly has repeatedly stressed in his PC’s while here, accuracy and decision-making are non-negotiable, arm strength is critical but it’s on a scale, and mobility is flat out a luxury. If your QB doesn’t have the basics, you can end up with Cam Newton or Jake Locker or worse.

250. 250 RobNE said at 1:16 PM on March 14th, 2015:

The price paid to get Bradford is needed to have a viable option at QB, and it’s a down payment towards MM if it works that way. It is not evidence of no trade up.

251. 251 KAJomo said at 1:46 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I have learned that people who still believe Chip will do anything to get MM will not be convinced otherwise until they see MM drafted. Which is fine. Everyone has their own opinion. I think we would all be thrilled if we somehow landed him. However in my opinion it is extremely unlikeky, so we can just agree to disagree on this subject.

252. 252 mksp said at 12:56 PM on March 14th, 2015:

This board is a dumpster fire this morning.

253. 253 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

254. 254 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:05 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I love the offseason

255. 255 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:08 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Maybe people don’t know it but the owner of Man U is also the owner of the bucs. Hence everybody trying to make sense of this pic aha.

256. 256 Anders said at 2:02 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Was about to say that

257. 257 GermanEagle said at 11:08 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I hate him even more

258. 258 Dominik said at 11:10 AM on March 14th, 2015:

On the other hand: would you draft him if he’d posted a picture in a Bayern Munich jersey?

259. 259 GermanEagle said at 11:18 AM on March 14th, 2015:

No, I’d hate him even more. My team is 1860.;)

260. 260 Dominik said at 11:28 AM on March 14th, 2015:

My deepest condolences, mate.

261. 261 GermanEagle said at 11:54 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Thanks.

262. 262 Crus57 said at 1:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

As a Man Utd fan … *waits for booing to stop* … I’d have to ask, can he play in defense? We’ll take anyone right now.

263. 263 oreofestar said at 11:12 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Well apparently Casserly said the team that offered the first for Brad was Cleveland I’d assume it was 19

264. 264 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:14 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Gosh, worst franchise, absolutely no plan. Sammy should give us a discount for offering him a future.

265. 265 oreofestar said at 11:16 AM on March 14th, 2015:

He’s better than the trash on their roster and I said it yesterday they will never draft a successful QB as currently constructed they can’t develop anyone, thru only hope is trade. maybe a Godfather offer for Newton

266. 266 GermanEagle said at 11:17 AM on March 14th, 2015:

See my post below….

267. 267 RobNE said at 11:18 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I think yo need to make up value of 19 to 12, roughly.

268. 268 oreofestar said at 11:21 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t think its a ” we wan Bradford” thing but just a thirsty for a QB thing. If MM is there at 12(which I doubt) then they’ll draft him there

269. 269 GermanEagle said at 11:53 AM on March 14th, 2015:

That’s not what I meant. If you read the first part of my message below you were actually repeating the same statement.

270. 270 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:33 AM on March 14th, 2015:

271. 271 oreofestar said at 11:36 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Hmmmm would rather the Chargers get him but doesn’t matter much to be honest

272. 272 Frencheaglesfan said at 11:37 AM on March 14th, 2015:

Much better situation for crabtree too, real shot to be the first target of a franchise QB

273. 273 HoagieFace said at 11:59 AM on March 14th, 2015:

I agree, if he goes to Washington you’re not going to game plan for Crabtree. I know Torrey Smith signed with San Fran, but I would be more concerned if a player like that signed with Washington

274. 274 Dominik said at 12:06 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Why? They already have a speedster.

275. 275 Greg Richards said at 12:10 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Crabtree going to WAS doesn’t make any sense unless they plan on cutting Garcon.

276. 276 Frencheaglesfan said at 12:26 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Maybe they are having troubles with desean and his gangsta relations, jk

277. 277 anon said at 1:40 PM on March 14th, 2015:

if they cut garcon i’d pick him up asap, perfect for the system, possession guy played w/ great qps.

278. 278 Anders said at 12:58 PM on March 14th, 2015:

@PHSportsGoddess @ByPatrickWall @OhWowHmm pic.twitter.com/kL4PpZGBYL— Austin Spray Tan (@DadSelfie) 14. marts 2015

Bradford casually beating Sherman+Thomas

279. 279 BlindChow said at 1:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I wonder if they’re exchanging Foles gifs over on Ramsblitz…

280. 280 Anders said at 1:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

They keep watching the Raiders game and ignore the rest

281. 281 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

seeing how the introductory presser he was asked 2 questions, they may not know he’s on team yet.

282. 282 mksp said at 1:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Bradford really has a gorgeous motion. Effortless and efficient.

283. 283 Anders said at 1:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

If that was any of our 3 QBs last year, it would have ended max 20 yards down field

284. 284 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

yeah, never got why people are down on trade for his arm talent. doesnt make sense, guy can toss the rock. i personally have a bias against dome teams (fb should not be played indoors), his injuries, and Rams crippling team with 50m g’d to guy who never took a NFL snap.
    if he stays healthy, and gets ’13 foles time and rungame, scoreboard might look like a pinball machine. not worried about another WR, kelly’s going to get weapons. plenty of time.

285. 285 BreakinAnklez said at 1:52 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t think anyone is down on his arm talent. It’s the fact he can’t stay healthy

286. 286 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

visit 24/7….plenty are bashing his talent.

287. 287 Anders said at 2:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

as cliff said, a ton of people look at his bad ypa and assume he has a bad arm

288. 288 anon said at 1:39 PM on March 14th, 2015:

we ran routes like that a lot with zach ertz, sanchez couldn’t hit him.

289. 289 Anders said at 2:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

yea, take the int targeted at Cooper, I think Matthews was wide open

290. 290 unhinged said at 1:10 PM on March 14th, 2015:

IT’S ALIVE!!

I’ve been reading, commenting on IB for slightly over a year, and I want to sincerely thank and salute all of you opinionated, entertaining fanatics who can create threads from no known starting point, get off onto tangents that take on lives of their own, and get salient information out in record time. I’m unhinged, and I’m an addict.

291. 291 P_P_K said at 1:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I wonder if any other team has such a pasionate and informed fan base. I wonder if any other team has as an intelligent and insightful blogger as TLaw.

292. 292 GermanEagle said at 1:15 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I wonder if other fan bases have their own Mr. high percentage.

293. 293 BreakinAnklez said at 1:21 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Let. It. Go.

294. 294 GermanEagle said at 1:30 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Jaaaaa.

295. 295 P_P_K said at 1:22 PM on March 14th, 2015:

How about fight songs?

296. 296 GermanEagle said at 1:23 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Yeah. And how about the most creative fan wear in t shirts?!

297. 297 P_P_K said at 1:27 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Small phrases with large meanings: “4th & 26,” “Miracle at Meadowlands,” Dallas Sucks.”

298. 298 GermanEagle said at 1:28 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Dallas sucks will never die!

299. 299 Mac said at 1:39 PM on March 14th, 2015:

You should send a Dallas Sucks shirt to Murray.

300. 300 GermanEagle said at 1:40 PM on March 14th, 2015:

For him to sign. Great idea! πŸ™‚

301. 301 P_P_K said at 1:56 PM on March 14th, 2015:

“We hold these truth to be self-evident…”

302. 302 mksp said at 1:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

time is a flat circle. every team has a resident troll. ours is just…..prolific.

303. 303 GermanEagle said at 1:20 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Let’s talk Draft, gents!

Provided Chippa’s word is bond and we won’t trade up/draft Mariota and stick with Sammie, different scenarios have crossed my mind. But given the current amount of holes at G, WR and S I am more and more leaning towards a down trade.

If we can pick up another 3rd or (ideally 2nd) that will tremendously help addressing all those needs.

Let the dream come true, Chip!

304. 304 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

i didnt get Mike Evans last year, so till WVU White’s name’s called, i want him.

305. 305 GermanEagle said at 1:25 PM on March 14th, 2015:

He will be first WR taken and most likely go in the top 10. He’s my favourite player of the whole draft though. Would love to get him.

306. 306 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:29 PM on March 14th, 2015:

saw him back in Sept, had to look him up on CBS’ draft, and he was 1st/2nd. he’s a pipe dream. Strong out of AZ looks pretty good. something about Parker i dont like, maybe it’s L-Ville and Petrino being a stat fluffer. but, anyone that knows me from last draft knows i wouldnt blink at taking 5 WRs, 1 TE and 1 RB, i want young fast weapons all over the GD place.

307. 307 GermanEagle said at 1:31 PM on March 14th, 2015:

What do you think of Perriman? Mayock has him rated as his no. 5 WR.

308. 308 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:36 PM on March 14th, 2015:

doesnt he fight the ball alittle? algohor (SP?-makes me think alcohol, so i’ll just call him boozie) in 2nd, or wait for Conley in 4th, freaks, i love freak athletes, or Goodley in 5th. been watching Petty for past couple yrs, thinking he might be Eags guy and every game i come away wanting Goodley more. dude a beast. fights for ball, and destroys secondaries once he’s loose. 5’11, though, bascially Huff, so not sure he’s on radar.

309. 309 Mitchell said at 1:47 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think Strong is better than Parker but I didn’t watch much tape of him With Bridgewater. He was better with him. I guess I should say I think Strong is better right now.

310. 310 P_P_K said at 1:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

My priority would be the G position. Get that O line in shape to protect Same and open holes for the M&Ms (small “s” intentional).

311. 311 GermanEagle said at 1:25 PM on March 14th, 2015:

That’s how we’d sproles.

312. 312 Mac said at 1:30 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I hope so much that we can find the RG (RT of the future) in this year’s draft.

313. 313 BreakinAnklez said at 1:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I could see Fisher in the 1st…agreed we need to get some support on the Oline

314. 314 GermanEagle said at 1:39 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Wouldn’t mind him. Any chance we could snatch him after trading down to bottom of 1st?

315. 315 BreakinAnklez said at 1:40 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I have no idea. Never know where people will actually go come draft day

316. 316 Mitchell said at 1:50 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t see why not. When I look at this draft I see a ton of very good players but no elites. That means a ton of players from 10-25 you would love for your football team. I think teams would be willing to trade up and I can definitely see Fisher there in the mid to late 20’s just waiting for us.

317. 317 KAJomo said at 1:54 PM on March 14th, 2015:

All depends how the rest of the OT board falls. If Scherff, Clemmings, Peat, snd Flowers are all gone you better grab Fisher at 20. If you one or two of those guys are still there a trade back is not as big of a risk.

318. 318 Mitchell said at 1:57 PM on March 14th, 2015:

And the good news is, if all of those players are gone, a WR/pass rusher fell through and we can nab him instead.

319. 319 KAJomo said at 2:22 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Yep. We are positioned well going into the draft. This season will completely eepend on SB’s knees

320. 320 BreakinAnklez said at 1:34 PM on March 14th, 2015:

What othe heck are we doing at Safety?!?

321. 321 Nailed it! said at 1:36 PM on March 14th, 2015:

5 years 30 million is a little steep for Parker I think

322. 322 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:39 PM on March 14th, 2015:

every safety signing for the next 3 yrs needs to send Allen a gift basket. WTF!

323. 323 jpate said at 2:24 PM on March 14th, 2015:

he’s a gift that keeps on giving

324. 324 Greg Richards said at 1:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

5 years, $30M. Too rich for my blood. That’s the aftereffect of the stupid Raiders giving Nate Allen crazy money. I wonder who they’re cutting though because they had to cut Bowe to make cap room for Maclin. Dwight Lowery, Kendrick Lewis, Jeron Johnson, Louis Delmas, Dawan Landry other options.

325. 325 BreakinAnklez said at 1:38 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Oh I agree it’s too much money…but a weak safety FA class is getting weaker and its a horrible safety draft. I sure hope we aren’t depending on Earl Wolff

326. 326 Greg Richards said at 1:40 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Wonder if they sign another CB(deeper FA market) and move Nolan Carroll to safety. If they are trading Mathis(don’t approve personally but understand logic), we could target getting a S back in a trade.

327. 327 Joe Minx said at 1:41 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Still wish we would sign Gipson to an offer sheet. Feels like a pipe dream though.

328. 328 GermanEagle said at 1:44 PM on March 14th, 2015:

problem is that I am not sure if the Eagles can structure the offer in such a way that the Browns won’t match. And even if the don’t match we will part ways with our second rounder, which might be ok given the weak safety class though.

329. 329 Joe Minx said at 1:45 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I have no problem giving up the pick. You’re right, it’s about the money we could offer.

330. 330 BreakinAnklez said at 1:44 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Can’t afford him now

331. 331 Greg Richards said at 1:46 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Nobody seems to want to take Cleveland’s money. They should throw him a big $ extension offer.

332. 332 Mitchell said at 1:42 PM on March 14th, 2015:

The draft class for safeties isn’t that bad, it’s just not too heavy. If we want one with potential, we can get one. If you mean it’s weak because there are no immediate impact superstars, then I totally agree.

333. 333 BreakinAnklez said at 1:47 PM on March 14th, 2015:

When you only have One player worthy of a 1-2 round pick, it’s not great. Everyone has a major weakness be it tackling, coverage, run support, instincts, etc.

334. 334 Mitchell said at 1:53 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think there are several possibly worth a second. Collins, Harris, Smith and Tarrt. I think there are several worth a 3rd as well, Drummond, Geathers and possibly Eskridge.

335. 335 Greg Richards said at 2:09 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Don’t sleep on Damarius Randall.

336. 336 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

know i’m on an island alone, but i like Reynolds. no idea what his issues was last season, but the guy was a really good player as a SO and JR at Stanford. Sr yr he had some injuries, hoping recovery time and that stupid grad rule held him back.
    Wolff, i’m afraid, is not going to happen. knee lesion and microfracture surgery isnt a 6 month recovery.

337. 337 Mitchell said at 1:44 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I like Reynolds too. He was a fifth rounder so I never imagined he would start last year. He doesn’t have elite physical traits so he has to make up for it in smarts. I’m sure it’s taking him a while to get up to speed. Maybe he will surprise us this year.

338. 338 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:48 PM on March 14th, 2015:

it’s one thing to need a yr, it’s another to be cut, and spend yr on practice squad and no one pilfer either. he made couple sideline to sideline plays in preseason on non-duck throws that Nate could only dream of making.

339. 339 Mitchell said at 1:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I thought he stood out last preseason too on the snaps he got. Maybe it was just the db coach. I’m glad for a change of personell there. It couldn’t have gotten any worse.

340. 340 BreakinAnklez said at 1:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t dislike Reynolds, but I don’t want to go into the season expecting that he’s going to take a big step forward

341. 341 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Watkins should get a long look. i’m not sure he’s a CB in NFL, especially for Eags. seen his measurables, dont care what they say, his arm arent longer than 29 inches, they barely hang to waist. but, he can move like the wind. that other guy, Couplin, his hang down to his ankles, craziest thing i’ve ever seen. he’d make a couple plays by accident. reyonolds and carroll, draft another, one of them has to end up half decent, right?
    safety in numbers. have same theory with all these ACLs, they cant all get re-hurt.

342. 342 BreakinAnklez said at 2:05 PM on March 14th, 2015:

They need to make a decision on Watkins. Corner or Safety and leave it so he can learn

343. 343 Greg Richards said at 1:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I suspect this deal will end up like Mike Mitchell’s last year with Pittsburgh: length, total money, and annual average sound very good but the guaranteed money isn’t great.

344. 344 KAJomo said at 1:38 PM on March 14th, 2015:

My guy is now Quinten Rollins. I know he’s raw, but he could develope into an elite safety. He’s got great instincts

345. 345 BreakinAnklez said at 1:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Dude just doesn’t have the experience. Need to remember he wasn’t going up against great competition

346. 346 KAJomo said at 1:51 PM on March 14th, 2015:

He dominated his competition which is what you look for with snall school guys. He then went and played very well at the senior bowl. The fact that he did all this with such limited experience shows what kind of upside he has. This is a week safety class. You can draft a more pro ready guy with the ceiling of nate allen in our defense or a raw guy that could become a special player.

347. 347 BreakinAnklez said at 2:04 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Akeem Jordan dominated his competition too. Im fine with Rollins if we have someone else in place…but we don’t

348. 348 KAJomo said at 2:20 PM on March 14th, 2015:

That’s kind of a pointless arguement. That’s like saying teams should wait until the 6th round to draft QBs because the patriots got tom brady there. You cant just pick one situation that suits you purpose.

Any way Akeem was an UDFA. Rollins will go on day two. Big difference.

Rollins could be a Jairus Byrd type S. A guy that is too slow for CB, but is physical, instictive, and has great ball skills.

349. 349 BreakinAnklez said at 3:21 PM on March 14th, 2015:

What? That makes no sense. Where did I say we can grab a safety late? We need someone at Safety who can play when the season starts. That’s not Rollins. He needs time to learn football, let alone change positions. If we go sign a vet Safety, sure, but I don’t want to draft Rollins needing him to contribute this year.

Akeem was a UDFA, bad example.

350. 350 KAJomo said at 9:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

My point is that the safeties in this draft suck. None have the ceiling i prefer. So i am willing to compromise on the short term to get a guy tha could develope into a hig end starter. Nobody that I’ve watched other than rollins has the upside I like.

The next guys for me is randall from asu.

351. 351 unhinged said at 2:09 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I am so waiting for Eagles D to be top 5 in the league, but isn’t OL our biggest need at his time? Just asking.

352. 352 oreofestar said at 2:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I agree with you but I think the thought is that this OL class is good, safety on the other hand…

353. 353 Anders said at 2:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think OL is the biggest need and have for a long time

354. 354 Greg Richards said at 1:42 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Kentucky

I’m told Alvin Dupree looked tremendous in position drills yesterday,
    which should come as no surprise to anyone. Coupled with his incredible
    testing at the combine, as well as the pass-rush skills he displayed
    the past two seasons, I struggle to see how he gets out of the top 15.

Dupree had dinner with the Pittsburgh Steelers the night before the pro
    day (general manager and head coach amongst those in attendance) and
    also met with the Indianapolis Colts.

Yesterday, Dupree met with the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers,
    lunched with the New Orleans Saints and then met with the New York
    Jets.

The above is from Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.Net.

355. 355 BreakinAnklez said at 1:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I’d love to get Dupree

356. 356 Greg Richards said at 1:45 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Someone is going to virtually throw something against my head for even suggesting this, but Kurt Coleman actually played decently for KC last year.

357. 357 Joe Minx said at 1:46 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Yes, he actually did play decently for them last year.

I shall say no more on the subject.

358. 358 P_P_K said at 1:47 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I didn’t follow him but I’m glad to hear he did well. His skills were limited but the guy gave 100% on the field.

359. 359 KAJomo said at 1:52 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Slap yourself and then re-read what you typed

360. 360 CrackSammich said at 2:42 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I am a full fledged member of the Kurt Coleman fan club. But… that guy shouldn’t be starting.

361. 361 HawaiianEagle said at 1:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Rewatching the dallas Detroit PO game. How did Detroit lose…

362. 362 BreakinAnklez said at 1:49 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Pass interference

363. 363 Joe Minx said at 1:50 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Anyone think Couplin has a shot at being the other S?

364. 364 Greg Richards said at 1:51 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Don’t know enough about him to make that type of forecast. He shuttled between Detroit’s PS and active roster, was signed off the PS by Buffalo, later cut by BUF, re-signed by DET to PS and then signed off PS by us.

365. 365 cliff-U of ACL @ Oregon said at 1:58 PM on March 14th, 2015:

other than having the longest goddamn arms i’ve ever seen, me either.

366. 366 D3FB said at 6:30 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think he has a decent shot to make the roster. If he’s starting we’re probably in trouble.

367. 367 Greg Richards said at 1:54 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Charles Robinson
    ‏@CharlesRobinson

29s29 seconds ago

Adrian Peterson told #Vikings he’s still not happy. Ball totally in their court. If he goes on block, #Cardinals will offer high draft pick.

368. 368 anon said at 1:58 PM on March 14th, 2015:

that division is stacked.

369. 369 oreofestar said at 2:01 PM on March 14th, 2015:

49ers are probably the worst team in that division lol

370. 370 EagleNebula said at 2:07 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Given the drama, lost players and new coach, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up as a sub 500 team this year.

371. 371 oreofestar said at 2:08 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I would be surprised if they weren’t

372. 372 Media Mike said at 4:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Agreed. Kaepertrash is finished.

373. 373 Media Mike said at 4:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

4-12

374. 374 Frencheaglesfan said at 2:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Well call me a homer but I’m not really impressed with the NFC West, except Seattle. Niners are done, Rams are always underachievers, Cards are too unconsistent and not really dominant on either side. I think our division is the most competitive with the NFC north.

375. 375 anon said at 2:14 PM on March 14th, 2015:

cards w/ much better o-line and carson palmer healthy and AP? Rams i think will be better w/ Foles instead of their backup QB like the last two years and SEA is SEA.

376. 376 Frencheaglesfan said at 2:18 PM on March 14th, 2015:

AP would make the cards dangerous, I second that. Foles? With a lesser OL, a new scheme, no better target, well I wish him well but I have my concerns. SEA is SEA + Graham, they are already scarrier.

377. 377 unhinged said at 2:48 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Cardinal’s acquisition of Iupati, as lopsided as that deal looked to me, I think it has Arians enticed. Carson’s play-action just got big-time respectability, and it could even help to extend Larry Fitzgerald’s career. They play us in Philly this coming season, and I sure hope that Brad and the M&M’s are stringing sustained drives for multiple TD’s.

378. 378 Media Mike said at 4:10 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Except for the Niners. Their QB is an abomination to the position and they’ve bled talent in terms of players and coaches at every other spot.

379. 379 oreofestar said at 2:02 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Like a 2nd?

380. 380 Greg Richards said at 2:06 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Another likely S option for Eagles: Jeromy Miles. A STs player before this year, and a good one, he ended up starting toward the end of last year due to injuries and bad performances by other guys such as former 1st round pick Matt Elam and he acquitted himself well. He went to Massachusetts and a lot of our defensive coaches have background at NE colleges. From NJ.

Here’s an article(by a fan) about his performance at the end of last season:

381. 381 Greg Richards said at 2:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Jayson Braddock
    ‏@JaysonBraddock

7m7 minutes ago

Vikings announce the release of WR Greg Jennings

26 retweets

5 favorites

382. 382 Frencheaglesfan said at 2:25 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t follow the vikings, like at all, but ain’t the guy finished?

383. 383 Greg Richards said at 2:11 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Adam Schefter
    ‏@AdamSchefter

7m7 minutes ago

Reggie Bush and 49ers reached agreement, per sources. Bush back in California.

384. 384 oreofestar said at 2:12 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Why? Just ride the Hyde

385. 385 anon said at 2:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

reggie is still an effective scat back type player when healthy. not super impressed by hyde.

386. 386 Media Mike said at 4:08 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Hyde is embarrassingly undertalented due to a substandard and commonly overrated college background.

387. 387 Donald Kalinowski said at 2:14 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I’ll be happy with Jalen Collins at #20.

388. 388 oreofestar said at 3:04 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I just saw the Culliver deal…ouch

389. 389 oreofestar said at 3:05 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I don’t know how people look at this deal and say the Maxwell deal is bad

390. 390 jpate said at 3:10 PM on March 14th, 2015:

what is it

391. 391 oreofestar said at 3:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

4 years 32M with 16 guaranteed

392. 392 unhinged said at 3:19 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Two questions for anyone: Is Clemmings likely to be gone at 20? What would be the scenario if Eagles got him 1st round?

393. 393 oreofestar said at 3:26 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Don’t understand the second part of your question but he could be there at 20 not a lock to be gone

394. 394 unhinged said at 3:51 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Compared to Fisher – could either come in and start at RG? And who will be preferred at RT?

395. 395 Anders said at 3:53 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I prefer Fischer over Clemmings and I think both can play RG

396. 396 oreofestar said at 3:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I prefer Collins to both and I think all 3 could play RG

397. 397 Anders said at 4:00 PM on March 14th, 2015:

100%, but Collins is most likely first OL of the board

398. 398 oreofestar said at 4:02 PM on March 14th, 2015:

So where do you think Scherff and Humphries go

399. 399 Anders said at 4:12 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Scherff goes top 15, potential top 10 and I think Humphries goes late 1st or early 2nd, but chance to go top 20 (NFL draft is weird)

400. 400 Insomniac said at 5:46 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Scherff will go top 20. He’ll play RT or OG for some team that needs a starter. Humpries depends on his medical. I see him as a 2nd-3rd round pick.

401. 401 GEAGLE said at 4:21 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Wouldn’t be surprised this we fisher drafted at 20, I wouldn’t be upset, I didn’t think Kyle Long was drastically more talented then Fisher and Kyle went 20-25 range.. Next years guard who eventually slides to RT isn’t bad value at 20… It just sounds bad now because the mock morons won’t have him in rd 1

402. 402 Anders said at 4:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Agree, I really like Fischer and not just because he was from Oregon, but because he is a much better prospect than people give him credit for.

403. 403 GEAGLE said at 6:43 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Absolutely. At RT I like him more then Ling who is no secret I was high on, and as a guard I think he can be similar to long who has been a stud… The athleticism of fisher next to Lane would be bad ass

404. 404 OregonDucker said at 5:36 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Chip likes both Grasu and Fisher. He’ll try for both.

405. 405 GEAGLE said at 6:41 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I know. I only been saying that for 2 years now

406. 406 GEAGLE said at 4:22 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Just not worry about how comings transitions to our tempo makes me prefer jake

407. 407 BreakinAnklez said at 3:29 PM on March 14th, 2015:

I think he’s a mid-late first. Odds are I think he would be there. I don’t really understand the scenario- but I’ll take a shot- Collins, Trae and Jalen are gone. Top WRs and Pass Rushers are off the board, and we didn’t trade for MM

408. 408 Insomniac said at 5:47 PM on March 14th, 2015:

If we get him then it’s plug and play at RG until Peters retires.

409. 409 GEAGLE said at 4:23 PM on March 14th, 2015:

KC is handing out STUPID money this offseason:.. I’m not sure the KC roster is better today then what it was when Andy was hired… Take Marcus over dee Ford any day

410. 410 Anders said at 4:57 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Sadly, the former GM left that team in a state where they have quite a few bad contracts and their first two drafts hasnt really provided impact for them

411. 411 HawaiianEagle said at 5:14 PM on March 14th, 2015:

From blogging the boys: Three red flags weighed in on the decision not to re-sign Murray, Gosselin writes: Murray’s injury history, his 2014 workload, and the fear of declining performance.

Guess CK worries less or one.cool.customer is rationalizing…

412. 412 ICDogg said at 5:34 PM on March 14th, 2015:

The Cowboys did try to re-sign Murray, but it was a lowball offer compared to his market value, and he didn’t want to take such a low offer. So it’s not as if they were *that* concerned about his history, workload, potential decline, etc… it’s that they gambled and lost on taking a hard line just as we did with Maclin.

Dallas being more cap strapped than we are wouldn’t come up close enough to what we were offering and that’s just the way free agency works.

But their fans want to say the same sort of things like “he’s not worth as much as the Eagles paid” just like we do with Maclin to KC. To be expected and to be determined who is worth what.

413. 413 HawaiianEagle said at 5:38 PM on March 14th, 2015:

And Shady.

414. 414 wee2424 said at 8:45 PM on March 14th, 2015:

It wasn’t purely his cap number compared to his talent that lead to the trade of Shady. People thinking that are just wrong when it comes to this. It is deepeR then that. It was the fact you could afford 2 good players with his cap number. Alonso also fills a position of need with a very good player. It now makes ILB a strength of this team for years to come. I’m sure Chip appreciated his talent. You would be a fool not to. However he wasn’t a fit for what Chip wanted. Mathews and Murray are fits, and they are very talented backs. Murray just had a better year then McCoy ever had. You can blame the Oline for McCoys struggles. That is partially correct, but you could see McCoys dancing ability was just not where it was the year prior. There were times where he just needed to hit the hole and it didn’t happen. Murray will do that. Sproles and Polk did it with success.

415. 415 wee2424 said at 8:13 PM on March 14th, 2015:

The declined performance is the same thing as his 2014 workload. Injury is a legitimate concern. However people keep citing the 400 carry thing and compare it to backs such as Williams, Johnson and George. From a very limited knowledge standpoint it makes sense. What is not mentioned however is the fact that these backs had extremely high carry numbers before there 400 yard carry season, therefore these comparisons don’t fully apply to Murray, and it would be ignorant to think so. Again injuries with him are a very real concern. He is a physical back but does not have the body type of other physical backs such as Gore, MJD, Rice. He is taller and runs more upright. Whereas the other backs I just mentioned are shorter and stockier therefore they are taking their hits more in the shoulder then the chest or legs. Shorter stubbier legs mean less leg to hit where the most injuries occur. It’s just that with his running style mixed with his body type he is just more naturally susceptible to injuries. This is why having another good back behind him with somewhat similar style is very important. Both backs have extensive injury histories, but giving them the correct amount of snaps greatly reduces the chance of them getting injured. I think the trading of Shady and acquiring these two backs was a great move. Just wish it was Murray and Gore. I’m not sure if Gore would have been happy with sharing carries with Murray though. Too add one more thing. No matter your style of play or body type, at some point you are going to decline. However if you look through history excluding injuries it’s the players (not just RB) that rely mostly on quickness, and shiftnines that their talents decline quicker. At a certain point you aren’t going to have that same quickness or ability to make tacklers miss that you had at one point. However the ability to hit a hole and make 1 cut and beat a tackler with strength is something that you can hang on to longer. Sorry for the big post with no paragraphs. On a phone and the touchscreen recently stopped working 100%

416. 416 oreofestar said at 5:30 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Can’t wait for the draft to be over and Mariota not be an Eagle because its been so bothersome having to hear scenarios where Kendricks, Boykin, Lane, Picks, Picks, Pick and other stuff being trade bait. It’ll be nice to move forward with the pieces we have and not have to trade anyway more talent like we have

417. 417 Greg Richards said at 5:41 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Ravens signed S Kendrick Lewis. One more FA option off the board. I’d rate the remaining UFA possibilities like this:

1. Dwight Lowery, Atlanta
    2. Jeron Johnson, Seattle
    3. Jeromy Miles, Baltimore
    4. Louis Delmas, Miami(would be higher but major injury concern)
    5. Stevie Brown, NY Giants
    6. Kurt Coleman, Kansas City

In contrast, there are still a lot of capable CBs left on the market.

1. Tramon Williams, Green Bay
    2. Tarell Brown, Oakland
    3. Rashean Mathis, Detroit
    4. Charles Tillman, Chicago
    5. Zachary Bowman, NY Giants
    6. Sterling Moore, Dallas
    7. Alan Ball, Jacksonville

418. 418 Insomniac said at 5:44 PM on March 14th, 2015:

A lot of stopgaps*

419. 419 wee2424 said at 8:55 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Possibly better then Mate Allen stop gaps however.

420. 420 wee2424 said at 7:37 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Wasn’t aware Searcy was off the market. Where did he go or did he resign with the Bills?

421. 421 BlindChow said at 8:50 PM on March 14th, 2015:

Has Goldson been released?