Can He Do It?

Posted: November 6th, 2015 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 78 Comments »

I recently re-watched part of the first Dallas game. Yikes, was that ugly. I’d rather drink non-alcoholic beer and eat a Subway cheesesteak than watch that again. The Eagles had 21 yards at halftime. Five of their six 1st half drives were 3 and outs. The other drive went a whopping four plays.

The OL had their issues. DeMarco Murray didn’t run well. The receivers dropped passes.

But Sam Bradford was also a problem. He had played very well in the 2nd half of the Falcons game so everyone hoped that would carry over. It didn’t.

Bradford never looked great in the first seven games. He was erratic, especially in the 1st half of games. Can he turn things around and play better after the bye?

You never know when the light is going to go on and things are going to click between a QB and his teammates. A lot of Eagles fans also are Penn State fans. PSU QB Christian Hackenberg also had a disappointing start to his season. His protection wasn’t ideal. His receivers weren’t helping him much. The playbook wasn’t working well. And he also had a big part in the struggles.

But that changed.

The OL got better. Hackenberg started to use his legs more. He was willing to throw the ball away instead of holding it and taking sacks. Hack started to make better decisions. He also started to make better throws. A couple of weeks ago his receivers started making big plays for him. In the last 2 games, PSU has scored 31 and 39 points. For the first five weeks, they averaged 23 points a game.

The Eagles OL is playing better now than in September. Bradford is moving around more. Now we have to hope Bradford starts to play better, as well as having his receivers pick up their performance.

The more Bradford plays, the better he should get. He’s in a new system. Familiarity should breed success. If the Eagles have any realistic hope of making a run after the bye, Bradford has to play better, and that starts on Sunday night.

Dallas only has one INT since the first Eagles game, and that came last week when a DL tipped a short pass to himself. Opposing QBs have a rating of 94.0 when playing the Cowboys defense. That isn’t to say the Dallas defense is bad. They are 8th in yards allowed. But that number can be deceiving. They are 21st in yards per play. Dallas leads the league in time of possession, meaning their defense is on the field less.

This is a game Bradford can play well in. This is a game he must play well in. The Eagles need to get their offense going and a big part of that is the QB.

One of the few good things in re-watching the first game was seeing Kiko Alonso. He wasn’t great in that game, but looked good and had some nice moments.

I’m excited to see what Alonso can do now that he’s watched the defense for a month or so. Playing is better than watching, but you can still learn a lot by watching a group in action.

Bill Davis does have a challenge in trying to use Alonso, Mychal Kendricks and Jordan Hicks all in the same game. I left DeMeco Ryans out because I’m not sure whether he’ll play or not.

Here is a great article by Domo on the Eagles run game and how it has really come alive with 2 TE sets. There are multiple theories as to why exactly it has worked so well, but there is no question…it has worked very well.

In the first Dallas game, the Eagles ran 61 plays. Zach Ertz played 39 snaps and Brent Celek 31. All of those figures should go up quite a bit on Sunday night.

78 Comments on “Can He Do It?”

1. 1 Weapon Y said at 9:34 PM on November 6th, 2015:

When you say Bradford “must” play well, what’s at stake for him? Does that mean Sanchez should start ahead of him if he doesn’t? Does it mean he shouldn’t get a contract extension this offseason if he doesn’t play well?

2. 2 Mac said at 10:08 PM on November 6th, 2015:

For the team to win the game/get hot and win multiple games.

3. 3 TommyLawlor said at 11:22 PM on November 6th, 2015:

@ Weapon Y… Mac is correct. The team needs him to play well.

I think Bradford should get 10 to 12 games to prove himself. You’ve already invested picks, time and money in him. You need to give this as much of a chance as you can.

4. 4 Will:↑↑↓↓←→←→BA said at 1:02 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Agreed. I think Chip has to see this through and be 100% sure about Bradford; even if it takes the rest of the season. Whether we have a QB or not is one question id like answered before the draft/Free Agency

5. 5 anon said at 6:16 AM on November 7th, 2015:

it’s a good thing the giants lost last week. every loss is really a season killer. At what point do you bench bradford and try to make the playoffs w/ sanchez?

6. 6 P_P_K said at 10:11 AM on November 7th, 2015:

My worst case scenario is that Sam plays at a B+ level the rest of the season. He shows just enough promise to tempt the Eagles brass into signing him to a long-term contract. That’s a gamble that, at this point, I would hate to see the team take. I’d almost prefer to see him tank so it’s clear that the team needs to move forward with someone else.

On the other hand, imagine if Sam suddenly hits his groove? The Eagles finish out the season under a red-hot Bradford, win the Divison, and display some mojo in the playoffs. It sure would be simple if the future suddenly looked bright because we have our franchise qb.

7. 7 GEAGLE said at 11:19 AM on November 7th, 2015:

If SAM gets thru this season healthy, he will 100% be brought back next year….. If he suffers another serious injury, then things would get complicated… My interpretation is SAM has to suffer a significant injury to have any chance of not being brought back next year.
    Getting thru this season Healthy is the best thing that can happen for our franchise

8. 8 P_P_K said at 11:23 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Kind of nutty that most of us don’t even discuss Sam’s knees. Remember the old days, the pre-season, when that was our big concern?

The question in my mind is that if a Nick Foles, 10-6, qb isn’t good enough, is a Sam Bradford, maybe 10-6, good enough?

9. 9 Weapon Y said at 3:52 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I alluded to this in another comment. If we replace last year’s defense with this year’s defense, the Eagles win the division last year with Mark Sanchez at quarterback and probably finish 11-5. Does that mean Mark Sanchez was one of the twelve best NFL quarterbacks last year? Of course not. His level of play didn’t change. I think you have to look at QB performance with a much more clouded and complex view than basing it off of team record. Team record reveals more about the team than it does about 1 of its 22 starters. But back to your question: Is Sam Bradford good enough? As of now, no. He gets 9 more games to change my mind.

10. 10 P_P_K said at 6:00 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Excellent post. I like your conclusion.

11. 11 Weapon Y said at 3:46 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I think he just has to not play poorly like he has in almost all the games so far. There are two schools of thought here: one is that the season can still be saved and that means we should switch to Sanchez before it’s too late for the Eagles to make the playoffs (remember that if the Eagles defense was as good last year as it is this year, they would have beaten Dallas a second time and would have made the playoffs with Sanchez. You can get in with Sanchez and a dominant defense, as the Jets have shown.) The second school of thought is that Bradford should get the virtual entirety of the Eagles season, at least until they’re eliminated from the playoffs, because he has the highest upside and we shouldn’t abandon hope that he’ll reach that upside, despite never having done that before. The first school of thought is tempting me.

12. 12 Buge Halls said at 7:20 PM on November 7th, 2015:

His entire future career depends on how well he plays.

13. 13 Weapon Y said at 7:22 PM on November 7th, 2015:

But isn’t that true for all games, not just the Dallas game? What makes this game so do-or-die?

14. 14 ChoTime said at 11:24 PM on November 6th, 2015:

Dallas has the 17th ranked D by DVOA.

Their offense is ranked 22nd. But we shouldn’t laugh, ours is ranked 21st.

15. 15 Joe Minx said at 11:44 PM on November 6th, 2015:

Bradford does need to play well, if he’s ever going to. But that’s going to be awfully difficult this week with that woman-beating scumbag who’s sure to be all over him.

16. 16 John Galt said at 11:44 PM on November 6th, 2015:

So…. That Greg Hardy is some human being…

17. 17 daveH said at 11:55 PM on November 6th, 2015:

who is .. greg hardy ?

18. 18 Joe Minx said at 12:08 AM on November 7th, 2015:

He’s not fit to be compared to the lowest form of life on this planet.

19. 19 ChoTime said at 11:31 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Okay, so. I looked at the pictures, wish I didn’t, just felt wrong to do so. That being said. I knew a girl in eighth grade who got beat worse than that. Her eye was swollen to the size of a tennis ball, she still came to school. I have heard guys hit their girlfriends twice (from different rooms or apartments), shocked the hell out of me. There is a person that shows up on the sex crimes list near my house that has assaulted both a senior citizen and a teenager, and is still running free. There are people in jail that have done worse than any of this stuff.

Hardy is scum. There are a lot of scum in the world. I have no doubt there are others just as bad playing in the NFL than him. Aaron Hernandez was one of them. Heck, Ray Lewis might be worse than him. It won’t surprise me if Hardy ends up doing something even worse and ends up in jail during his life.

What’s my point? I don’t know. Hardy is not a one-of-a-kind.

20. 20 ChoTime said at 11:42 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Replying to myself, but this is a disturbing topic. I agree that Jerry Jones is despicable for bringing this guy on board. It makes me glad to be a fan of the Eagles, who wouldn’t do that kind of $hit. I recall that Jason Kidd used to be my favorite basketball player, but once the domestic violence stuff came out, I couldn’t root for him any more. It is really weird, but I ended up playing guitar at his last wedding. Strange feeling.

21. 21 Patrick said at 12:32 AM on November 7th, 2015:

There is people from the NFLPA and that independent arbitrator(and the outraged fans that whined) who might want to start looking at themselves.

That 10 game punishment Godell wanted to slap him with looks mighty low right about now.

22. 22 CrackSammich said at 1:27 AM on November 7th, 2015:

You’re combining morality with business. A union should protect all of its members. That’s why it’s there. And the NFL has no business legislating morality through suspensions, either. If the individual teams want to suspend their employees, that’s within their realm. The NFL doesn’t employ players.

23. 23 Bert's Bells said at 6:40 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Basically agree, but the NFLPA deal is with the NFL so they do have the right to make “moral” decisions regarding players.

24. 24 FairOaks said at 1:34 PM on November 7th, 2015:

They are primarily about protecting their income. If a player gets bad publicity to the point it is affecting endorsement income etc. to the teams, that’s primarily when they have stepped in. The NFL is under a lot of scrutiny right now, so they are going heavy on the suspensions, but if the scrutiny wasn’t there they would still probably look the other way. On the other hand, that scrutiny can be a bit like mob rule and try to force the NFL into imposing sanctions they really shouldn’t be, either. Also, when the NFL does it, that can avoid damaging a player’s relationship with his team — the league takes the heat since they are the “bad cop”, something teams would rather be taken out of their hands anyways.

25. 25 A_T_G said at 6:46 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I don’t think it is quite that clear cut. When you buy national media time and public appearances to hold the players up as role models and heroes, when they get to visit the White House, when taxes help give them homes, because of those things, that business and morality line gets muddled.

26. 26 CrackSammich said at 10:58 AM on November 7th, 2015:

It’s an issue because there’s no way to codify it. If hitting your wife is suspension worthy, how many games is truly enough? 2? 30? And how do you weigh that against actual suspensions for things like deflating balls? If the teams want to write some kind of morality clause into their contracts, which I’m sure most do, that would be one thing. I just think the NFL will always be losing their legal battles on this matter just like they have been.

27. 27 Tumtum said at 8:25 AM on November 7th, 2015:

What obligates a union to defend someone who is rightly punished for violating a team or league policy? Why can’t a union make a stand for what the majority of its members feel is the right thing?

These are serious questions. Not a union expert. For a union to defend members that should obviously be punished seems to be one of the biggest thing detractors of unions could point to. Seems to be right up there with government agencies blowing the budget at the end of the year so that they get a bigger budget the following year.

28. 28 CrackSammich said at 10:53 AM on November 7th, 2015:

The thing that obligates the Union to act on behalf of its members is the fact that it exists. A union is meant to counteract the power of the owners/managers/whatever. Its effectiveness of the group is that by sticking together they can balance the scales of power. If a union supports this member and not this member you lose that, and there’s no point.

Though I think the bigger issue here is that people think because he’s a piece of shit (he is), he doesn’t deserve protection. I don’t think anyone here would be making the argument that he shouldn’t be allowed to have a defense attorney.

29. 29 Tumtum said at 12:50 PM on November 9th, 2015:

Unfoetunately in today’s society it seems that organizations have to lack a level of common sense. The examples are endless and I’m sure you know what I mean so I won’t delve into it.

The union should be able to make a stand and refuse protection of members who don’t deserve it. Should that be a vote called by a person of responsibility that would start a vote to exile that party, or something in that vein, it would make sense.

I just don’t see why everything is always so black and white today. The middle ground is almost always what should win out. Neither side fights for it, and the best solution is rarely achieved.

Sucks.

30. 30 Gary Barnes said at 1:53 PM on November 7th, 2015:

All union members pay dues that helps support the work of the union in representing their collective rights in negotiations and partnership with the owners. In exchange for those dues and as part of their scope of representation, the union is obligated to defend union members in good standing when fines/suspensions or other penalties are levied by the owners (the commish and other NFL officials represent the owners).

Every union member in good standing (meaning their dues have been paid in full and otherwise they have followed union rules etc.), whether he be a scumbag or angel, gets defended to the full extent of their authority. If the union cherry picks which players they will defend, the credibility of the union with the players and owners along with the motivation to pay dues vanishes.

31. 31 bill said at 10:38 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I disagree with the fundamental assumption about society you have there, but that’s a bigger discussion than is appropriate here, and is obviously getting way off-topic. Suffice it to say that we are witnessing what a society begins to look like when “winning is everything.”

Beyond that, I think the NFL has a trademark and image to protect, and the NFL is a big part of the push to expand the fan base to those without a Y chromosome. The NFL absolutely has an interest in protecting that brand and attempting to grow the sport. Especially the NFL, the league where national income dwarfs local franchise income.

32. 32 RobNE said at 2:26 PM on November 7th, 2015:

The arbitrator is not to blame. He is reviewing the league’s rules, not setting them nor judging Hardy.

33. 33 Insomniac said at 9:09 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Some piece of shit if you don’t want to be politically correct

34. 34 GEAGLE said at 9:41 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I’m so disgusted by Jerry jones and the Cowboys… They have employed some disgusting criminals in the past, but what Jerry Jones is doing with Hardy is the most disgusting thing I have seen in the Cowboys disgusting history..it really upsets me and pisses me off… After Lane and CElek kick Hardys ass tomorrow, I hope GOODELL grows a pair and puts an end to Hardys season… But first, GOODELL has to allow us to kick his vile dispicable ass!

35. 35 daveH said at 11:53 PM on November 6th, 2015:

my bud’s dad didn’t drink (any more) .. so we used to do ripcords with his non-alcoholic beer !

36. 36 Ryan Rambo said at 8:41 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I know that nobody has a crystal ball, but what are realistic options
    if Bradford doesn’t work out, or Chip decides to go another
    direction? He seems to not want a rookie starting not named
    Marcus. I just don’t see Bradford with the core leadership intangibles.
    Not saying he can’t/won’t improve nor am I blaming only him. We REALLY need to step on Dallas’ throats Sunday!

37. 37 GEAGLE said at 9:38 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I saw plenty of leadership that I needed to see from SAM in the Carolina game…. The question is will he build on it, or continue the 1 step forward, 1 step backward inconsistencies that have plagued us all yeat?
    But the last time SAM took the field, I was extremely encouraged by what I saw… Hopefully Carolina loss will end up being our “turning point” like the Denver loss was our turning point in 2013 where we went on to go on a two month winning streak..
    SAM hasn’t been good enough so far this year, but I still think the most important thing for this franchise is getting thru the season Healtny…. Id warn not to make,definitive judgments about a guy who played 7 games in the last two years who only started Practicing in our offense since August 1st..
    eli Manning gets all this praise because he is in year 2 of his new offense, compared to last years year 1 struggles when they were incorporating 27 new players… Can’t credit the Giants offensive improvements with being in year 2, but then decide that This is the best it can get for Bradford…. Believe it or not, having an actual offseason as the starting QB in this new offense is probably more important than we like to think…
    Sam literally Wasnt cleared to start practicing in this new offense with his new teammates until August 1st…. There is a different between making excuses, and real factors that have major impacts on our success or lack there of…
    There is NOTHING more important to this franchise than getting SAM thru this season healthy so he can build on this season in year two…. Hopefully he shows serious growth and has some success the second half of the season to make it easier on our impatiemt fanbase..
    I can assure you that we will NEVER find a QB caoable of leading this new era if we keep trashing QBs after 1 season,,., Gotta BUILD a Super Bowl contender, not throw together a bunch of new players, snap your fingers and expect to see the best they are capable of…

Chip just proved to us that he doesnt believe in continuity for the sake of continuity. He just proved to us that he isn’t aFraid to break up a good team if he sees that it has a limited ceiling.. Having proven this to us, when Chip asks for continuity and believes that building on this years team with SAM is WHATS best for us, I hope this FANBASE supports chip and Sam instead of listening to our over reacting, joke of a media who will undoubtably rip that decision..
    For the sake of my sanity hopefully SAM and the offense show serious growth the second half of the season making it easier for fans to give chip and SAM the continuity needed to grow into the team we need them to be..
    You won’t find a more talented QB than SAM this offseason.. And if you do go with a new QB, he will NEED more than 1 season to grow into our offense and grow into the caliber QB we need…. Chip showed that if he sees a limited ceiling, he won’t stay the course just for the sake of continuity.. so when Chip tells us that he wants to continue building with SAM, hopefully this city is smart enough to support that instead of agreeing with our foolish media who is undoubtably going to be against that decision… Hopefully SAM and our offense show tremendous growth and win games this second half of the season, making the decision to continue with SAM easier for everyone to support..
    If SAM stays,healthy he will be our QB next year….. If SAM gets hurt this second half of the season, then things become very complicated…
    SAM hasn’t even been sorrounded with a good enough offense this year, he hasn’t played well, but when he has had good moments, often his teammates have łet him down…
    But I’d gladly support going to War with the Bradford we saw trying to will our offense thru the struggles facing Carolina’s defense next week..
    Keep in Mind, when the hell was even the last time SAM got to spend a offseason and summer TRAINING to be a QB the upcoming season? He typically has had to spend the last few Offseasons Rehabbing… A healthy Offseason to work on leading us in this offense can do wonders for him… Instead of rehabbing next offseason, be great to have an offseason to work with his pass catching weapons, an Offseason to bulk up and hit the weight room, add some leg and upper body strength…
    SAM getting thru this season healthy is WHATS most important to this franchise, I have no idea how great he can be, but I do KNOW that he is capable of better than we have seen so far…. If Braford gets thru the year healthy, he will definitely be extended and get an offseason of training for the season before we give up on his talent

38. 38 Ryan Rambo said at 12:11 PM on November 7th, 2015:

A lot of this fan base isn’t trashing Sam. I think we’d all like to know who our QB of the future will be sooner than later. I’ve been very patient with Sam, and will continue as long as he shows a level of FIGHT. I really dislike the hanging of the head that Sam and even Sanchez exhibit when things don’t go as planned. Body language is very important in leadership in my opinion. I’m pulling for us to put things together but I need to see improvement. LEGGO!

39. 39 ChoTime said at 11:16 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Good question, who knows. All crystal balls relating to Chip spontaneously exploded over the offseason, though some seem to have scotch-taped theirs back together somehow.

I can see Chip clinging to SB and staying the course. That’s sometimes how it goes down, once you make the big decision, burn the ships, cross the Rubicon, etc, you are committed. Then there is the saying that no scientific theory ever dies until its creator does. It was such a bizarre decision anyway. SB had bad to low-end mediocre stats in STL, besides obviously not winning anything or elevating his team. I wonder if he will turn out to be a coach-killer like Mick Vick, everyone thinking the switch will someday turn on and he’ll be a great QB all of a sudden, based on “potential”.

Or maybe, he’ll dump SB the next time he plays bad. Start Sanchez, say he’s the new starter for the next 1000 years. After all, the guy has gone through Vick, Foles, Barkley, Sanchez, Tebow, Dixon, etc, in a few short seasons. Maybe he’ll just keep swinging until he gets one over the fence.

I don’t know, my crystal ball blew up in the offseason, and I’m still sweeping up glass from the corners.

40. 40 unhinged said at 1:52 PM on November 7th, 2015:

As our esteemed moderator advised, give this guy at least a full season before pulling the plug.

41. 41 Insomniac said at 9:10 AM on November 7th, 2015:

A guy squirts his ex with a water gun and is being charged with assault. Greg Hardy beats the crap out of his ex and walks free.

Money really talks.

42. 42 myartz04 said at 10:15 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I’m not into politics, but in certain types of crimes it should be illegal to take a settlement. Because you are right. If you have enough money you can get away with anything.

43. 43 ChoTime said at 11:09 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I can see your point. It’s not in the public’s interest that dangerous, violent people get off scot-free. On the other hand, we favor the individual here in the US.

44. 44 Will:↑↑↓↓←→←→BA said at 5:38 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Damn I ambush my GF and the dog with water guns weekly…. They might put me under the jail for squirting the dog.

45. 45 Nelson ALGore said at 10:25 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Sam Bradford “they dropped another tight spiral! Are they saying boo or BOOOURNS?”

46. 46 GEAGLE said at 11:16 AM on November 7th, 2015:

Greg Hardy is dangerous enough as it is…. But what Jerry and the NFL are doing could end up turning him into an even bigger Monster. this man terrorized his victim, and not only hasnt he appologized to this day, or showed any signs of being contrite, but he has actually tried to turn it around and act like he was the victim of a crazy woman..
    This mans behavior is disgusting and dangerous to begin with, but jerry Jones and the NFL may be helping create an even Bigger monster… When Somene can behave like a monster, yet start to feel untouchable, THATS like pouring gasoline on a fire… This maniac behaves like a lunatic, terrorizes victim yet there or no consequences for his actions, on the contrary Jerry Jones supports him and wants to reward him calling Hardy a “leader” and publically announcing he wants to extend Hardy,.. This vile despicable piece Of shit is dangerous enough, jerry and the NFL Starting to make him feel untouchable is a very dangerous game Jerry Jones is playing…
    You are creating an even bigger monster when there are no consequences for his behavior and your billionaire team owner is enabling you and amazingly even trying to reward this maniac… that’s extremely dangerous..
    This man hasn’t even shown a minimal amount of being sorry, he hasn’t shown not even a slightest hint of learning from his mistake and trying to improve as a man because of his mistake.. On the contrary he continues to act like a raging lunatic, no self awarness,,, someone who has done something as despicable as him, at least try and fool the world and pretend that you will improve or that you have learned your lesson… But NOT gReg Hardy.. He hasn’t shown any signs of being appologetic, he hasn’t shown any signs of trying to get help, no signs of trying to improve as a man. What’s really scary is he hasn’t even tried to hide what a disgusting Pyscho he is…. Yet Jerry Jones and the Cowboys continue to enable him, make excuses for him, and inexplicably the actually want to reward this animal…
    When a maniac lke this starts to feel untouchable, and starts to see that there are no consequences for his behavior, and doesn’t even have to try and pretend he “Gets It”, you are playing with FIRE…
    He terrorized and abused a helpless woman… Hasn’t even pretended to be sorry, to make matters worse he has had the audacity to try and play the victim and put the blame on the woman he terrorized… What consequence was there for his disgusting dangerous actions? His punishment was sitting home and collecting 13milliom dollars… Then he actually gets a 10 game suspension, which was a joke since he ended up serving 4 games.. He comes back from his suspension on a new team in a new city and he hasn’t even tried to pretend to learn from his mistakes. He has been a psycho, running his mouths about Tom Brady’s wife, completely losing control on the sideline, flipping on Teammates and coaches… He hasn’t even had to pretend to be sorry or pretend to try and do better, and there are no consequences for this animals actions, not only is Jerry enabling him, but it completely boggles my mind to see Jerry actually reward his behavior, calling him a “leader of the Cowboys” and announcing that they are trying to sign him to a big extension…
    this is so dangerous,, it’s disgusting that there are no consequences for his behavior, why would anyone expect him to learn from his mistakes and be a better man in the future if there are no consequences and he continues to be rewarded?… I’m so Thankful for the Pics being released because now Jerry and Goodell can’t pretend like they never saw them…. What’s Scary is there is a good chance the worst is yet to come. If the NFL and Jerry jones continue to allow this disgusting animal to make millions playing a violent sport, I worry that this story is going to have a tragic ending. How many more victims does this animal have to harm and terrorize until someone does something about it and stops rewarding him? How many people Need to get hurt, or God forbid, lose their lives until people stop putting his talent over basic human decency?
    The courts did NOTHING, Justice system did Nothing, how can they expect his victim to continue trying to fight this when Whule Hardy was arrested she told the police that he was going to end up killing her, and she told the police that NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN TO THE SUPERSTAR, and the victim was right. The courts did nothing, no one cared to protect her…Goodell took Tom Brady to federal court over air pressure in a football, yet when it’s time to do something about this animal, Goodell Tucks his head in the sand like the scumbag, weak Ostridge that he is, making a mockery of domestic abuse Only having Hardy serve a 4 game suspension.. Basically he terrorized and abused a helpless woman, and was punished the same exact way we punish playërs for getting caught smoking weed, or doing performance enhancing Drugs.. Let that sink in for a second SMH… jerry Jones has a chance to actually show some decency for once and suspend Hardy himself an extra game or two just to at least pretend he cares, yet he enables and excuses this piece of shit, calls him a Leader and will soon hand Hardy some 50 million extension… the Courts, the NFL, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are all failing miserably to even show the minimal human decency and are playing an extremely dangerous game, showing this dangerous psychopath that his talent will allow him to get away with anything..they are enabling him and helping to create an even bigger monster,, this story is going to have a tragic ending, the worst of GReg Hardy is still yet to come, mark my words,, making this monster feel untouchable is going to get someone seriously hurt..
    Since Courts, Cowboys, and the NFL are failing miserably to show that human decency is more important than being a talented football player.. It should NOT have to be THIS WAY, but it’s Now up to Fans, Media, and Hopefully all the other NFL owners to take a stand and put continuos pressure on Jerry Jones and Goodell to do somthing about this maniac before it’s too late… So I applaud strong woman in the media who are trying to make enough noise about this like Kate Fagan, Jackie McMullen and even Ashly Fox whos work I don’t have much respect for… it shouldnt be this way, but it’s up to theme because it’s clear THAT the courts, Goodlell and The Cowboys have failed miserably at being decent human beings,,, woman in the media NEED TO LEAD the way on This one unfortunately,,, the NFL and Jerry are counting on being able to whether the initial public storm, Til this passes and they will continue to do nothing…. Hopefully Fans and Media are decent enough to not let this one go, and continue to turn up the pressure and not let up until Someghing is done about this… I hope that former NFL players, and current Owners league wide also get together and take a stand…. Because if something isn’t done, this horrific story is going To get much worse and have a really tragic ending,,.., this isn’t a guy who dodged BIg TROUBLE, learned his lesson, behave like a decent human for the duration of his career and then ride off in the sunset after retiring never to be heard from again… His worst is yet to come, and that’s a scary thought. And even more scary is that we have allowed him to start feeling untouchable like there are no consequences because his talent will excuse anything he does,,

I want GReg Hardy to play against Us, because I want to see Lane, CElek and hopefully JP punish this piece of shit for 60 minutes, I want him to be on the field when we beat dallas, extend their losing streak to 6 games, and light the match that makes that powder keg of an organization explode… My comments aren’t about wanting to avoid Dallas best defender tomorrow night… Let Hardy play, I want to beat Them with Hardy on the feel contributing to that Loser Organization,,, but after tomorrow nights game, I would hope that the media, and the other NFL owners start TO take a stand and make enough noise until the NFL or Jerry is forced to do something about this dangerous Pyscho..
    I want the media to spend the rest of the year Constantly bombarding cowboy coaches and cowboy teammates with questions about the behavior of their disgusting, psychotic teammate.. I hope his teammates have to ask questions about how disgusting Hardy is every day for the rest of the year,, Cowboy fans are disgusting to begin with, but I would hope they have the minimal decency to not support this piece of shit… Shame on Dallas coaches, Dallas Fans, Dallas Media, Dallas playërs for allowing this to continue.. Have some god damn human decency for once in your disgusting lives,.,I would respect the hell out of Jason Garrett if he took a stand, sends Greg Hardy home, and refuses to dress him even if Jerry Jones demands Garrett to play Hardy.
    I LOVE NFL football as much as any man walking this earth, but some things are just bigger than this game…I have supported eagke playërs like VICK and Cooper who have made disgusting mistakes, but I only supported them because I Genuinly believed them to be sorry and I believed that they would be better humans in the future… I am a die hard fan of Defense. It’s my passion. I love defenders who play like violent, physical Monsters… But I don’t want to have a great defense if it means compromising our human decency overlooking such a piece of shit because he is a fantastic pass rusher,,.. I don’t want to win LIKE THAT!! Hopefully Cowboy fans show some decency for once in their miserable lives

47. 47 Chris Lindeman said at 5:08 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Tell how you really feel, Geagle

48. 48 The original AG said at 5:14 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Joe Banner seems to think his play on the field is more important.

49. 49 GEAGLE said at 11:40 AM on November 7th, 2015:

I still haven’t seen any reports confirming the Burger King, Eskins “report” that JP has been ruled out for Dallas… Anyone see any confirmations that JP isn’t playing? I owuld be so excited to see JP take the field Sunday night and have one of his hall of fame, legendary Maulings of GReg Hardy..
    Id give anything to see us start this game in an unbalanced Line, with Lane moving to the left side to line up next to jason Peters and see JP and Lane double team Hardy, spike him on his head the first play of the game while demarco runs right at him… What I would give to see Lane and JP double team that scumbag in the run game..
    This is the one week I wish Buddy Ryan was our coach.. I would donate money to help pay for a Bounty on Hardys head… jerry Jones disgusts me so much I would give anyhing to see a modern day Body Bag game where we just go to Dallas and knock sensless everything with a star on its helmet that moves,,
    I NEVER want to see an extreme physical domination of this despicable team.. I want Bennie Logan, Cox, Thornton, Beau to look more violent than we have ever seen them look rag dolling the top rated cowboy OL… I want to see Barwin, Curry, BG and hopefully even Marcus put such a beating on the cowboy QBs that they will be forced to finish the game with some WR functioning as their emergency QB cause Cassell and Weedman can’t finish the game… I want to see Dez BRyant and Greg Hardy so frustrated that they lose their minds and act like maniacs all night flipping out amongst themselves.. I want to see Kelce and Tobin, pulling, getting to the second level and smashing Seen Lee and that other “Prince Charming” Rolondo McClain? ISNT McClain due to quit and retire again for like the 5th time? I want to see Riley Cooper, Jordan, Huff, Ertz take out all their frustrations on Dallas WR and smash them in the run game all night long. Time for our OL to click and play an extremely Physical game..

50. 50 The original AG said at 12:21 PM on November 7th, 2015:

JP is listed as questionable.

51. 51 The original AG said at 12:39 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Okay this just came through.

52. 52 GEAGLE said at 1:00 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Nooooooo! Nooooooooo!!! fuck, Fuck, Fuck…at least take a pain killer injection and see how you feel… If he is so injured that they basically ruled him out yesterday, how far is he from returning?

53. 53 daveH said at 5:08 PM on November 7th, 2015:

he should try acupuncture .. and a ball desk chair

54. 54 BobSmith77 said at 12:51 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Yup. He is officially out.

55. 55 The original AG said at 12:28 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Problem is that he’s not a rookie.

56. 56 D3FB said at 3:00 PM on November 7th, 2015:

He’s having a sophomore slump from hell. But the very concept of a
    sophomore slump tells you he’s far from the first player to find success early and struggle in year two.

The fact that he’s a guy who is very self critical and constantly striving to improve means that 1. Yes he’s just too damn far inside his head right now, has the yips, and it’s spiraling a bit 2. He’s likely going to be fine long term.

57. 57 The original AG said at 4:48 PM on November 7th, 2015:

This is me venting about the situation. I think he’ll be fine long-term, but growing pains are painful when you’re in the middle of the process.

58. 58 Nelson ALGore said at 9:43 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Hes pressing because he has to be “The Guy”. Not everyone can just be like ODB (Who disappears when it matters most )

Longterm I think he will be fine

59. 59 ChoTime said at 6:10 PM on November 7th, 2015:

It’s funny, I read some articles about Jerry Rice recently that I found while Googling drops. I would have brought it up, but I thought it would be ridiculous. But, hey, if Jerry wants to bring it up, that’s okay 🙂

60. 60 Insomniac said at 8:07 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Jerry is pretty much like Barry Bonds to me right now. What a letdown.

61. 61 Poppi said at 3:50 AM on November 8th, 2015:

He has the yips. He thinks about it way too much and has nightmares about dropping balls.

62. 62 BobSmith77 said at 12:50 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Peters is out and Kelly is in at RT. Ugh.

My biggest hope in this game is that the Eagles don’t let one of the worst-statistical QBs in the last 5 years beat them (Cassel).

Fans often say a QB sucks but in this case it is true. He is in the bottom 10th percentile of performance of QBs the last 5 years in almost every major category. He does indeed suck.

63. 63 GermanEagle said at 1:36 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Dallas sucks.

64. 64 P_P_K said at 6:01 PM on November 7th, 2015:

Always and in all ways.

65. 65 BobSmith77 said at 12:55 PM on November 7th, 2015:

One caller on Didinger/Macnow (the only listenable show on WIP) basically summed up this matchup as which QB stinks less.

Kind of see it the same way. The Eagles don’t even need Bradford to play well in order to win. Just avoid huge mistakes especially the INTs including those brutal red zone INTs.

Also is a ‘put up or shut up’ game for Murray too. Groused a couple of times this year about his lack of carries/involvement in the offense.

66. 66 GEAGLE said at 12:58 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I know what Bennie Logan said, but can anyone tell me what Eric ROWE said that has skip Bayless running his mouth about us and talking shit to Eagles Nation about how the Cowboys won’t lose to us? What did Eric Rowe say about the Cowboys?
    Normally, the games where everyone thinks we will win scare the crap out of me, and facing teams on 5 game losing streaks that have struggled to score more than 13 points scare the crap out of me, Desperation can be a bitch of motivator and im normally worried about overlooking opponents when going into a game like this. Nothing is worse than seeing your team play down to the Level of poor opponents and we have been so inconsistent and had some really poor performances that I don’t know that I ever been SO WORRIED about going into a game against a team that has struggled to average more than 14 points a game…
    But there are so many factors that SHOULD keep us from going into this game flat, and overlooking our opponents, so I’m hoping we can count on us finally playing up to our full potential… Shame On US if we overlook an opponent when there are so many factors like:
    1) Cowboys Cowboys have been HORRIBLE, but I feel really fortunate to hear defenders like Fletcher Cox talking about how they haven’t forgotten how Cassell lit them up as the Vikings QB late in 2013. Matt Cassell was the QB that snapped our 2 month losing streak two years ago, so I’m thrilled to hear THAT this has been fresh on our defenders minds this week
    2) Cowbiys may be desperate trying to avoid their 6th loss in a row which would essential force them to go 7-1 the rest of the way to even have a shot at the playoffs, but fortunately we should be pretty desperate and ornery ourselves because the way this looks like this will be a closely contested division that will come down to the wire, losing this game drops us to 1-3 in the division which is scary thought for a division that could come down to tiebreakers to decide who makes the playoffs so while our record ISNT as poor as Dallas, we should be just as desperate to win this game, and our ENERGY, Focus and Discapline had BETTER REFLECT THAT!!
    3) we had a bye week to rest up, get healthier, but we went into the bye week coming off a tough loss that our players had to wait for two weeks to try and get that taste out of their mouths. Playërs like Jordan, Huff, Sproles, had to sit and stew for two weeks over the fact that they let down their QB and Teammates down with the horrible drops.. The Defense has battled all year and the offense knows THAT our success is waiting on them.. Having to wait two weeks to avenge the carolina loss, THIS TEAM BETTER NOT DARE COME OUT FLAT AND OVERCONFIDENT..
    4) you can bet your ass THIS GAME matters to our starting RB who we really łet down week two when we allowed Dallas to Embarress us,, this game means too much to demarco for me to think guys will come out flat, and lacking energy. even without Demarco a lot of our players have built up a beautifully Philly Hatred for Dallas, shame on us if we allow them to sweep us and don’t make them pay for all the Embarressment and turmoil they caused us by beating us in week two..
    5 Piece of trash GReg Hardy…. I have to believe this will factor into the match up, both in terms of a healthy Fear for the destruction he is capable of causing to our season if we allow him to put a beating on SAM and our RBs.. I don’t like games when we are too loose, there has to be a proper balance, it’s good to have some nerves as long as we can handle them.. Being Nervous helps you focus, need a healthy fear of what can happen if you don’t do your job and let your teammates down.. we also have some classy, high cHarechter men, and I assume a few will be GENUINLY disgusted by Hardy and look to exact some form of “Prison Revenge” on the disgusting animal. lane seemed to GENUINLY have a disgust for Hardy and the fact that he is allowed in to play in this league after abusing that woman,… Hardy May be a 275 monster, but lane is a 310 lb badass in his own right, and I would love to see a few violent double teams Targeting this scumbag…. there was bad blood before Hardy became a Cowboy, but he takes the hatred of that disgusting franchise to an all time high
    I’m not one of the silly people who take chips comments and act like Chip thinks culture overcomes any talent discrepancy, twisting chips message into this bullshit Narrative that Chip doesmt value talent as long as he has a band of boyscouts…anyone with some minimal intelligence, actually more like common sense, understands that what chip is trying to say is that for him, TALENT is NOT ENOUGH, and he won’t overlook CHARECHTER flaws for the sake of Talent… Chip has brought a culture where Talent is NOT Enough, Chip is looking for the TALENT that comes with strong CHARECHTER and high football Intelligence and those principles won’t ever be compromised by signing a super talented scumbag like GReg Hardy for example… But because Strong CHARECHTER, and being good men has been a fabric of the team chip is building, I can’t bare the thought of losing to one of the most disgusting teams in NFL history of an Owner who basically wipes his ass with Chips principles of valuing quality men and not willing to compromise chips required human decency or intelligence in the name of talent…
    It has been a rough year, with tôugh losses, and even miserable wins in this city (go figure), but I’d rather lose any game and miss the playoffs than to lose this game against this disgusting franchise that already Embarressed us and caused us a week of hell in Philly.. I have NEVER Meant “MUST WIN” more than I mean it this week, and if we were 7-0 Today, this would still be as Big of a MUST WIN. for the sake of my sanity we can’t lose to this team and let this disgusting franchise off the hook, passing on a chance to give them the loss that becomes the nail in the Coffin that sends the Cowboys season completely spiraling out of control..,we can’t be the team that lets this trash off the hook. We,have our foot on theit throat, we Better show up focused, jacked up with energy, but most importantly we NEED to be Disaplined because that’s a weakness of theirs and it can be our advantage this week..
    Chip and Billy had two weeks to get healthy, fix some issues and come up with a plan to score 1 poïnt more than a team that hasn’t won a game in over a month and has been scoring like 12 points a game since the end of September.. We self scouted, had plenty of time to scout dallas, get our bodies right, and get our energy up where we need it to be, we,better claw, scratch, bite, whatever, just score 1 poïnt more than this trash, and bring our boys all home healthy….,
    We haven’t watched an eagle game in two weeks, yet I can’t even get excited for this game, the possibility of losing to this cowboy team is just nerve wrecking, I never not looked forward to an eagle game like I am now.. It’s too stressful to enjoy.. a win, ONLY gets us back to 500 and THATS depressing enough considering its november.. More than I want to win, i DONT WANT TO LOSE….. The Only way I can even enjoy this game is if the defense comes out possessed looking to Embarress their wounded offense in front of their home crowd the way their defense Embarressed us in week 2.. Hopefully our defense just gives them nothing so I can breath and enjoy some of the game,,. If for some odd reason it becomes some crazy shoutout like the Giants/Saints, I’ll have a friggin heart attack by half time… I really can’t stand the thought of Cassell and this dirty team having success against our defense.. Hoping our defense makes a statement with Cox making it crystal clear that he is the best player in cowboy stadium Sunday night, and I want to see the 2013 draft class have its official coming out party, Coming Of age Moment, with Lane Johnson, Zertz and Bennie the Beast all having a dominant performance.. And hopefully the class act Demarco Murray gets his revenge for how badly they disrespected him…
    Don’t know the last time I wanted to win a november game this badly…

67. 67 BobSmith77 said at 1:08 PM on November 7th, 2015:

The Eagles are going to win this game. I’m sure of it. Just seeing it being another mistaken-laden, inconsistent game where the Eagles leave a lot of people complaining despite a W.

The only thing that would surprise me is if the Eagles come out of the gate, put up a bunch of pts early, and win this game going away by 17+ pts.

See it being more like 20-13 or 23-16 that is tough to watch at times and its share of FGs.

68. 68 The original AG said at 4:51 PM on November 7th, 2015:

He just agreed with Bennie Logan’s comments. I think it was a thing where they asked him about what Logan said, and he said, “If he put that way, then yes, I guess they are.”

69. 69 The original AG said at 5:28 PM on November 7th, 2015:

70. 70 Will:↑↑↓↓←→←→BA said at 5:35 PM on November 7th, 2015:

He said they look for a lot calls. Of course skip is going bitch about anything Cowboys related. I hope we end their season tomorrow so he goes into a hole somewhere.

71. 71 Gary Barnes said at 2:07 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I would say, “Can THEY Do It?”. The whole team hopefully will play better, cleaner and more efficient football. That includes Chip as well in his play calling and game management. That is all we have to hang onto unfortunately: hope. If we lose and are 3-5, I think we’re cooked most likely. We’d have to go on a huge run just to win 9 or 10 games and this team is just not talented or disciplined enough to do that IMO.

72. 72 The original AG said at 4:55 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I like Matt Lombardo, but this is interesting from him. He thinks JP is going to get moved to G.

73. 73 The original AG said at 4:56 PM on November 7th, 2015:

74. 74 myartz04 said at 5:29 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I’m pretty sure I saw a quote the other day where JP even said he will finish his career at G.

75. 75 Will:↑↑↓↓←→←→BA said at 5:32 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I really hope that is true and that JP is ok with moving to OG. I know that’s what we all hope to happen.

76. 76 D3FB said at 7:15 AM on November 8th, 2015:

Apparently Peters said that himself

77. 77 Will:↑↑↓↓←→←→BA said at 7:15 PM on November 7th, 2015:

I hate primetime games. I feel like we are more proned to flopping

78. 78 taoofpooh said at 5:52 AM on November 8th, 2015:

I love the metaphor at the beginning Tommy. You are the best Eagles writer on the beat and I look forward to every article but please, you already drink non-alcoholic beer. Drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon is like making love in a canoe…it’s f**king close to water! One last thing about this article–you say the O-line is playing better. Change is to was…Peters out and players shifting? I have a bad feeling about that.