A Pet Peeve

Posted: April 8th, 2016 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 78 Comments »

PE.com is doing some excellent pre-draft material, with all kinds of interviews and video segments on prospects. In this one, the great Fran Duffy and Greg Cosell discuss the Safety position and some prospects.

Cosell is looking for a Safety that can hit, tackle, play in the box, play deep, cover in the slot and turn water into wine when attending a wedding that needs that particular trick. Every person in the Milky Way galaxy would love a Safety like that. The problem is that I’m not sure that player exists right now.

This is a pet peeve for me. Don’t obsess on something that doesn’t exist. Focus on what a player does well. You wouldn’t want Kam Chancellor in the slot, but he’s an incredibly important player for the Seattle defense. You can have success, even great success, with players who have some limitations. You need them to be very good in some area and then have the right players around them. Earl Thomas and Chancellor complement each other very well and together form an incredibly good duo.

The friggin’ Panthers had success with Roman Harper, approximately 237 years old, and Kurt Coleman as their Safeties.

Cosell does make the point that coaches have to make adjustments to deal with the limitations of their players. He understands that teams can make it work with players who have holes in their game. That’s why I don’t get his immediate focus on the issues with prospects.

Karl Joseph looks like one heckuva prospect to me, but Cosell goes right to the question of whether he can cover man-to-man. I guarantee you Sean McDermott would kill to have a Safety with Joseph’s overall ability and skill set.

You do have to point out the weaknesses of prospects, but I guess I just don’t get the lack of enthusiasm for all the things some of these kids do very well.

If I was the coach or GM of a team, I know I’d be a heck of a lot more interested in what these prospects can do than what they can’t do.

The Eagles are looking for S help. One of the players the Eagles have checked out is Darian Thompson, the player in the video above.

Here is a full set of highlights of him.

Great ball skills.

Range, but can also make things happen near the LOS.

Solid hitter.

Can be a physical tackler.

Good combination of size and athleticism.

I’d be okay with Thompson.

78 Comments on “A Pet Peeve”

1. 1 Media Mike said at 8:50 PM on April 8th, 2016:

Safety is an interesting add for this team. I’m not really sure what round / guy presents the bet place to get one.

2. 2 Dave said at 9:14 PM on April 8th, 2016:

I have the mindset that they might be looking for a safety to groom while playing in the nickel, allowing Jenkins to play in the slot on obvious passing downs. Jenkins proved highly effective playing in the slot last year.

3. 3 Dude said at 9:41 PM on April 8th, 2016:

That would be a great route, let the rookie get his feet wet on 20-30% of the defensive plays. And you simultaneously cover another DB spot where we have some uncertainty.

4. 4 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:28 PM on April 8th, 2016:

I agree. I feel that they have taken this same route with Ed Reynolds. He’s one of my sleepers. I think he’s pretty solid.

5. 5 Media Mike said at 6:38 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Reynolds is an interesting guy. I’m curious how his style of play will fit in with what Schwartz does. I like that he’s worked to keep improving his game while he’s been here. I’m just not sure what his ultimate ceiling is.

6. 6 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:42 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I like Reynolds’ ball skills. He’s been pretty solid at placing himself in the right position to make plays, preseason and regular season. He’s been brought along very slowly and the benefits of that where evident when he earned himself some playing time last season. I hope he pans out and becomes our #3 S. I credit his development as much as Malcolm Jenkins’ ability to cover in the slot as reasons he was able to get on the field more.

7. 7 Media Mike said at 6:39 AM on April 9th, 2016:

The versatility would be nice.

8. 8 Media Mike said at 6:40 AM on April 9th, 2016:

That seems to make sense. I had forgotten about Jenkins being used in that manner last year. I’ll adjust my thinking in the future mocks I do.

9. 9 The original AG said at 11:43 PM on April 8th, 2016:

I have to agree with Dave. You need someone to groom, because I think they are set for a couple years there (assuming Jenkins has a couple more years).

10. 10 Media Mike said at 6:40 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I would be nice to have a guy worth paying starters money as he finishes his third season.

11. 11 Jernst said at 1:12 PM on April 9th, 2016:

With the two starters locked up long term and neither having a history of injuries, I’d say 4th round at the absolute highest. We need someone that can push our backups and play special teams. Plus we have no 2nd rounder and some more pressing needs for immediate impact…OL, RB, WR, QB, DT, MLB (depth given the injury history of Hicks) and CB. So safety is way down on my list of needs. Granted if a prospect clearly jumps out and is heads above the rest then you make the pick like we did with Hicks.

12. 12 A Pet Peeve - said at 9:03 PM on April 8th, 2016:

[…] Tommy Lawlor PE.com is doing some excellent pre-draft material, with all kinds of interviews and video segments […]

13. 13 Mitchell said at 9:53 PM on April 8th, 2016:

The 3 safeties Tommy posted are my 3 top safeties in this draft: Thompson, Joseph then Cash. All have their strengths and weaknesses with Thompson being the best all around and Cash being great around the LOS. If the Eagles got any one of these 3 in the third, I may have to get a fresh change of pants.

14. 14 old duke said at 7:53 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Miles Killebrew would be a nice pick in the 4th round, if still there. Solid tackler (textbook), and vicious hitter. Ball skill? Don’t know. He could team well with McLeod as the future tandem.

15. 15 Mitchell said at 9:21 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Killebrew looks terrible IMO. Terrible instincts and reaction time, tnetarive around the LOS. Maybe in the 6th or 7th but there are better S prospects then him. I dont get the hype.

16. 16 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:21 PM on April 8th, 2016:

Interesting player. I wouldn’t mind him in the 4th round.

17. 17 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:24 PM on April 8th, 2016:

If he were still there of course. One of the 3rd round picks could land him as well.

18. 18 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:22 PM on April 8th, 2016:

At the 0:55 mark, that QB deserved to be intercepted. Those Hawaii uniforms are horrendous.

19. 19 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:26 PM on April 8th, 2016:

Tommy, what are your thoughts on Dak Prescott as a mid-round target? Not sure if I believe the rumors about the Eagles trading up. I think they will stay put and go BPA. I like Prescott a lot and would like your opinion on him.

20. 20 Fufina said at 3:55 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I am not a Dak Prescott fan at all… He takes 2 months to actually throw the ball, lacks a quality arm and will struggle with some NFL throws. Accuracy is inconsistent and while he did throw 66%, a lot of throws were not placed were the receiver could best take advantage of them. While he is big and strong he is not actually athletic and does not show that he has a particularly good feel for the game.

I think the Tebow comparison is a little harsh on Dak but they share a range of characteristics…. and i just do not see him ever being a quality NFL QB.

21. 21 D3FB said at 8:06 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Apparently on the Gruden camp thing he had to be told that he has to throw the ball before the receiver breaks open.

Yikes.

22. 22 Media Mike said at 8:15 AM on April 9th, 2016:

You mean he can’t just run?

23. 23 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:52 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Yup. I remember seeing that on ESPN earlier in the week. Very raw player. Could be a solid project, imo.

24. 24 Henly Rodriguez said at 10:50 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Interesting. I agree with your points. He does have some questions marks that make you wonder if he has what it takes to succeed in the NFL. What I gathered from watching Dak highlights is that his mechanics are a work in progress, as well as his pocket presence, and that he is a project. I feel that he would benefit with good coaching here as the #3 QB, while the Eagles use the top 10 pick on an elite prospect. You can’t coach size, athleticism and leadership and Dak has a combination of all three. He’s got Donovan McNabb size and traits, although not as polished and talented, but I would be pleased to see the Eagles select him in the mid-rounds over a Hackenberg or a Cook.

25. 25 ChoTime said at 12:20 PM on April 9th, 2016:

The sooner he’s out of the NFL picture, the sooner people will forget about him and I can use him as the hero of a story I’m writing.

26. 26 Media Mike said at 6:37 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I’ll 2nd Fufina’s remarks. Dak Prescott, no matter what level of coaching you put into him, is not an NFL QB. He runs far too much and I don’t see Dan Mullen system guys making transitions to NFL QBs.

27. 27 Henly Rodriguez said at 11:00 AM on April 9th, 2016:

He was an adequate passer the last couple of years. His stats improved with each passing season. Low turnover kind of guy, and also had a habit of getting out of tough situations. I just think the kid would be a good project and would benefit from some good coaching, like most prospects would. He has size and athleticism and that’s a solid starting point for a young QB. Donovan didn’t run a conventional offense in Syracuse and he was coached up be a solid starter by the end of his rookie year. While Dak is certainly no Donovan, he has the traits that could make him a starter in the NFL. If the Eagles end up not getting Wentz or Goff, you have to wonder how high Dak would be on the Eagles board.

28. 28 Media Mike said at 11:02 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I just don’t see size and athleticism as a good starting point for a QB. I like it when they already play the game the right way in terms of being a pass first, pass second, and pass third type guy with no bad running habits to unlearn. Prescott just doesn’t strike me as a guy who will ever settle into playing the right way in an NFL system.

29. 29 Henly Rodriguez said at 1:11 PM on April 9th, 2016:

I understand your point, but I respectfully disagree. There are definitely some holes in his game, but the way I see it, he did rely on his ability to run, yes, but he was also efficient in the scheme he played in. I liked that he avoided turnovers and utilized his running ability in a way that complimented his limitations as a passer. The scheme was centered around his skill set in 2015, and what stuck with me the most was his arm that can make all the throws and his consistency in the short passing game, which makes him an ideal fit for a west coast scheme. He was pretty solid under the methodical approach the offense he played in dictated. I think that experience can translate well to what Doug wants to do on offense in his version of the west coast scheme; run the football, control the clock and move the chains with a short passing game.

30. 30 Gian GEAGLE said at 11:30 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Really hoping we end up drafting Hogan or Brandon Allen as our #3’QB

31. 31 Media Mike said at 11:48 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I like Doughty and/or Sudfeld better than those two.

32. 32 Henly Rodriguez said at 1:16 PM on April 9th, 2016:

I like Hogan and his pro-style experience at Stanford, but his arm worries me a bit. He throws a lot of floaters downfield. His arm isn’t that much better than Peyton’s in terms of downfield velocity.

33. 33 nopain23 said at 10:56 PM on April 8th, 2016:

Howie has done a tremendous job this off season. …so it’s a lock that he will.screw it up by trading the farm to trade up for Wentz. ..who looks to be a poor man’s blake bortles. Also I’m a as bigger Cox fan as there is but can someone name tye last SB winner that broke the bank to sign a DT. If its not a team friendly deal then I say let him walk.This draft is deep at DT. JJ is a monster but TX ain’t sniffing a SB unless Brock pans out.

34. 34 Mitchell said at 12:02 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Just going to take a snippet from you post: “ bigger Cox

35. 35 Rob Jarratt said at 7:35 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I could use one as I approach my latter years. So could my buds, but we never talk about it. Sign him up.

36. 36 old duke said at 7:54 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Thought size wasn’t that important!

37. 37 Forthebirds said at 11:04 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Big Cox beat up little Cox.

38. 38 Forthebirds said at 11:03 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Love when you mean one thing but the words say something else or sound like they do. No pain wins the unintentional humor award.

39. 39 daveH said at 12:26 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Let Cox walk like we let desean go for nothing and trade like 6 playrrs to go ftom 8 to 3 to pick a bust project qb … feels like pain, thanks chip

40. 40 James Skip Carl said at 10:31 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I agree. There’s no way I’d give a 100 million to a d tackle

41. 41 Dude said at 12:03 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Cox is a special talent. He commands a double team on nearly every play. There’s no way we let him walk, especially now that we seem set on retaining home grown talent.

42. 42 Media Mike said at 6:35 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Won’t happen. Especially because the franchising him in 2017 and 2018 would actually keep him below his market value. He’ll have a deal soon enough.

43. 43 Gian GEAGLE said at 11:28 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Yeah I don’t even think It’s worth discussing because of how unrealistic losing him is

44. 44 unhinged said at 12:31 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Tommy, your football fidelity is refreshing. There is a certain tone in the layers of detailed analyses of the media scouts that approaches the fetishistic. Those reviews then are digested whole by tons of fans, and we get a very consumerist perspective on the value of fellow humans, based on what they can do specifically for our quests to be vicarious winners.

45. 45 ChoTime said at 12:14 PM on April 9th, 2016:

Wow, that’s a lot to unpack! But then, isn’t our relationship to sports so very weird and wide?

46. 46 unhinged said at 2:16 PM on April 9th, 2016:

I can only speak for moi. I enjoy the dedication and commitment of athletes of all stripes laying it all out, but my perspective of pro football is borne more of indoctrination than of intellectual choice. I feel feeble and almost helpless when I click on the draft tracker on NFL.com to read the parsed, deconstructed biographies of kids who are vying for a chance to make it big. I find myself buying into the illusory, seductive notion that MY team can make ME a proud supporter if only it acquires the rights to the correct mix of candidates. It is more than anything, I think, an exercise in egocentrism. I think I am seeking some bizarre affirmation for my emotional allegiance to my team. Intellectually, I can give you chapter and verse on why I should not be an invested fan: the inherent brain damage that is part and parcel of the sport; the blatant hypocrisy of the billionaire owners who market the game as wholesome, and “tolerate” domestic spouse abusers, while punishing recreational weed smokers; the unabashed greed; the creeping toward a PPV NFL. Some of the master marketeers on the planet work for the NFL. They bamboozle citizens to subsidize stadiums. They are behind the infinite number of sites on the web that tweak the attention of addicts like me. I love this site because I get realness and authenticity. The sport that hooked me as a kid is not the problem – it’s the endless HYPE. Our moderator is not part of that machine, and every once in a while I am pleasantly reminded.

47. 47 Rellihcs said at 1:50 PM on April 9th, 2016:

Solid gold comment. Such a great way to articulate Tommy’s unique value too, albeit indirectly.

48. 48 unhinged said at 2:35 PM on April 9th, 2016:

Thanks.

49. 49 Media Mike said at 6:52 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I know this won’t be everybody’s preference, but here goes.

Round 1 Pick 8: Jared Goff, QB, California (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 16: Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 20 (NYJ): Karl Joseph, SS, West Virginia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 2: Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 12 (L.A.): Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 14: Travis Feeney, OLB/ILB, Washington (B-)
    Round 5 Pick 25: Josh Ferguson, RB, Illinois (A)
    Round 6 Pick 13: Donte Deayon, CB, Boise State (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 12: Henry Krieger Coble, TE, Iowa (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 30: Tanner McEvoy, TE/WR, Wisconsin (A)

Goff was there at 8, so no brainer. I pitched a fit that Westerman was already taken a 3-14, so I traded down. Got Jones to join the DT mix, then snagged Joseph to get one of Tommy’s safety. Pinched myself when both Haeg and McGovern were available with my 4th round picks. Feeney is a guy I like from a range/size/skill set persepctive who can match up in a lot of way. Ferguson provides you a real RB3. Deayon is small, so we’ll have put him into the slot mix and hope sticks. Kreiger is here to see if he can make the roster as the 4th TE and a blocker. McEvoy is a shot adding “tall WR”, but who knows at that point.

Either way. I feel good with Goff, Jones, Joseph, Haeg, McGovern, Feeney, and Ferguson as guys who would have strong chances to contribute.

50. 50 Rob Jarratt said at 7:40 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Man, do you ply us with the mocks, Mike, and I like your bravado. Not fond of any QB at #8 given the current state of QB’s on the roster. All they need for this year is a back-up back-up, IMO. I’d rather go for the afore-acknowledged other needs. I also wouldn’t mind a trade-down to acquire Chip’s 2nd round giveaway.

51. 51 Media Mike said at 8:01 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I think it is a fun mental exercise that helps us discuss the extent to which we like one guy vs. another.

I’m a Goff fan because I think he translates to a potential pro bowl level QB without having to project his play style to the NFL game. Not everybody agrees, but we’ll see what the team does.

I’d need to be blown away by a trade down in the first to really want to get away from Howie’s “10 top players in the draft” and not get one of them.

52. 52 Rob Jarratt said at 8:18 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I, and I would surmise, we, really admire your adroitness and creativity. I will admit that I don’t follow the college game closely and, thus, can only go possibly 3 rounds deep. Thanks for your knowledge and research. It sets the stage for lots of discussion, and, frankly, makes this long wait more enjoyable.

53. 53 Media Mike said at 10:53 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I don’t know anywhere as much as a lot of other folks on here do in terms of the scouting end of things. I just read a lot of secondary reporting from a lot of draft writers and try to do my best to puzzle out what good value and good players would be.

54. 54 Rob Jarratt said at 10:56 AM on April 9th, 2016:

It works for me, Mike.

55. 55 old duke said at 7:56 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Fantastic mock! I’m all in.

56. 56 Media Mike said at 8:01 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I got lucky on that one. You really can never tell what a simulation will do. I’ve had some crap ones as well. Especially when there is a psycho run on o-line from the late first through where we pick at 3-14.

57. 57 A Roy said at 9:43 AM on April 9th, 2016:

What’s your round one pick 1 with only 1 three look like?

58. 58 Media Mike said at 10:51 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Where did the other 3 go?

59. 59 A Roy said at 10:56 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Part of the trade up to #1.

60. 60 Media Mike said at 11:00 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Assuming we did that for Wentz; o-line. We need to protect our investment.

61. 61 Ankerstjernen said at 7:18 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Tommy, was it actually you who asked Jimmy in the live chat over at Philly.com wether, if he was a funyun, he would eat himself? Because that was hilarious and competely made my day..

62. 62 D3FB said at 8:03 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Really good article here that does a nice job articulating why I think Stanley is absolutely worth pick 8 and why I want no part in Conklin

63. 63 Media Mike said at 8:15 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Good deal! Also why I don’t want to trade down.

64. 64 Greg Richards said at 11:20 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I realize that this ultimately may not be significant, but if you draft Stanley, what do you do with him this next season? Let him backup at OT or put him in the LG mix to compete with Wisniewski?

65. 65 Gian GEAGLE said at 11:26 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Draft is for our future. Free agency is for next year…. I think being able to let a rookie start the season learning on the bench is ideal…. Really hate when people judge a draft pick on whether or not he can help us immediately

66. 66 Mac said at 11:29 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Absolutely have him back up OT. Some might see it as a luxury pick, I see it as being realistic about how old Jason Peters is.

67. 67 Media Mike said at 11:49 AM on April 9th, 2016:

Start him at tackle and traded Peters to the Jets for a 2016 2nd!

68. 68 Insomniac said at 2:14 PM on April 9th, 2016:

A year to get stronger would be the most beneficial for both Stanley and the team. Fans won’t be happy about it initially but who cares about our feelings.

69. 69 D3FB said at 4:04 PM on April 9th, 2016:

He’s not a G. That would not be a good situation to put him in.

I run him with the two’s in minicamp and the first week of TC. Show Peters you’ve got a legitimate in house replacement. At that point tell Peters he’s moving to G or his agent is free to seek a trade.

As far as competition for LG, picks 77, 79 and probably 100 should all fall in the sweet spot for a very talented and fairly deep class. That’s where I’m looking for my long term answer at G.

70. 70 GermanEagle said at 10:02 AM on April 9th, 2016:

My money is on a downtrade by the Eagles with the Jets if Stanley sits there at #8.
    How much could we fleeze NY in that trade scenario?!

71. 71 Greg Richards said at 10:43 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I really don’t think the Eagles would be looking to move down as far as 20. For the sake of argument though, according to drafttek’s trade value chart, pick 8 is worth 1400 points. The Jets’ 1st(20 – 850 pts) and 2nd round picks(390 pts) combined are worth 1240 points, leaving them 160 points short. The Jets’ 3rd round pick is worth 175 points but the Jets only have 6 draft picks in this draft to begin with so I doubt they’d be looking to trade away 3 picks in this draft. I’d consider taking their 2017 3rd round pick instead as I fully expect the Jets to be worse next year than they were this past year. Ideally you could get their 2017 2nd but that is probably overoptimistic.

72. 72 Gian GEAGLE said at 11:33 AM on April 9th, 2016:

If we are trading back, I want our 2nd back from the Rams

73. 73 Dave said at 12:57 PM on April 9th, 2016:

I would contend that if the Jets trade to #8, it’s for a QB and not a replacement for D’Brickashaw.

74. 74 Gian GEAGLE said at 11:24 AM on April 9th, 2016:

I’m in Oregon today(my first time)….wish I had a Fuck Chip Kelly shirt to walk around in

75. 75 SteveH said at 11:29 AM on April 9th, 2016:

You say that now Tommy, but my Condename: Weapon X cloning project is steaming along nicely… I expect to have a viable specimen within the next few years.

76. 76 Gian GEAGLE said at 12:29 PM on April 9th, 2016:

Im so happy to finally have an Offseason where we should be flying under the radar and not hearing any crazy Super Bowl contender talk like we hear at some point almòst every summer.
    I like that we are being so under rated, often viewed as the team that will finish last in the NFC east. While I like being so underrated, I don’t understand how anyone in their right mind sees the Giants and Cowboys clearly ahead of us?
    On Paper, the Eagles have a credible starter at just about every position… Can the Cowboys and Giants say the same thing? Doubt it! Dallas and NY have some signifcant holes in their line up, am I too assume that a bunch of rookies will make it all better? Good luck with that
    1) the Giants spent ridiculous money trying to upgrade the defense with Free Agent Mercenaries, yet they did NOTHING to even try and fix their JOKE of an Offensive line. Eli has been getting dominated by the Eagles DL for years now, and all the money they spent, and they did nothing to try and improve that Line,. It may even be worse than it was… For a team that is so weak in the trenches, you would think they at least patched up the rest of their holes, but that hasn’t been the case, They still have some serious issues at Safety, they could use more LB talent, they lost a starting WR to us who gave them 8TDs last year, HAVENT done much to replace him, and Cruz can’t be counted on, their RBs are nothing special…..and if all that Wasnt had enough, they probably don’t even have as much depth as we will have by the end of this offseason.
    2) When it comes to the Cowboys, you would think that after the season they endured and another surgery added to Romos long list, you would have thought the Cowboys would have went alll our aggressive this offseason, adding multiple QBs to their roster and hoping a solid backup option or two emerge from the Camp Battle…they should have tried to sign one of the top Backüp QBs, on top of trading for someone like McKown or Brian Hoyer, and they should also prioritize drafting a QB.. Have them all compete this summer in hopes that a solid backup option emerges,.. Heck, they should be at least trying to sign Fitzpatrik while the jets keep dragging their feet…. Not only HAVENT they done much to address the glaring QB problem, their owner is adament about not drafting a QB at #4 because they insist on Romo being their guy for another 4 or 5 years…. Can Jerry be THAT batshit crazy? It’s so crazy that you would think they are bluffing and are hoping to get Goff or Wentz, but they delusionally see themselves as Super Bowl contenders so I can’t figure out if they are really crazy enough to not draft a QB early or not?…. Unfortumately for them, their issues DONT stop with QB position. They still could use more talent at RB. Their WRs proved underwhelming when Dez was out. Witten is ancient, Gavin Escobar hasn’t lived up to his upside.. If DEz can’t play 16 games, their arsenal of weapons become very average. Without DEZ, I wouldn’t trade our stable of Wrs for theirs. I wouldn’t trade our TEs for theirs, and I wouldn’t trade our RBs for theirs…those are a lot of problems and the defensive side of the ball might be worse…DE is one of the most important positions in the game and they are one of the weakest teams in the league at DE, Hardy is gone, Gregory is one more failed drug test away for a yearly suspension, and im not sure he is any good to begin with.. Lawrence has had his moments, but he hasn’t been anything special, nor is he very durable… Thornton and Crawford give them Solid DTs, but their pass rush is probably the worst in the division by a big margin…. A team with weak oass rush puts a ton of extra pressure on the LB’s and DE’s, and they DONT have the talent at those positions to even consider being able to handle it,,. Sean Lee is fantastic when healthy. Rolondo is nothing special, and their Secondary probably isn’t good enough to hold up behind an elite pass rush, they are going to get slaughtered behind Dallas putrid pass rush
    Our ST unit is probably going to be a level or two about that of Giants and Cowboys.
    I hope the media keeps listing us as the worst in the NFC east all the way up to the start of the season, but I really struggle to understand how anyone can put Those two rosters ahead of ours..
    Depending on what happens in the draft, we could have the best RBs in the division.
    Are TEs are towards the top of our division… jordan Reed is probably the only TE in the division worth admiring, the kid is a very dangerous weapon, unfortunately that young man has been racking

77. 77 Bacon & Iggles said at 6:37 PM on April 9th, 2016:

Has it quietly become the goal of all YouTubers to find the worst song humanly possible when putting together highlight packages?? Oy vey. LOL

78. 78 HoagieFace said at 7:59 AM on April 10th, 2016:

Yeah, I’ve noticed some bad ones as well. The goofiest song has to be the highlight video of Daryl Worley the CB from WV. Really terrible stuff