Know Your Enemy – CLE

Posted: September 9th, 2016 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 221 Comments »

It feels kinda weird actually trying to get into game preview mode. Are we really done obsessing on the practice squad and roster cuts? I guess so.

The Eagles open the season against Cleveland on Sunday. There is a lot of mystery with the Eagles due to the new coach, rookie QB and new systems, but there might be even more mystery with the Browns. They have a new coach in Hue Jackson. Cleveland passed on the chance to draft Carson Wentz and instead will take their chances with RGIII, Pt. 2 at QB. The Browns are projected to have 3 rookies starting. The WRs are going to be former QB Terrell Pryor and rookie Corey Coleman. They will have a new P, K and PR. Last year’s top tackler is gone and the top 2 pass rushers are on injured reserve. Lots of changes.

Cleveland is the second youngest team in the NFL. They are truly rebuilding. They are loading up on young players and draft picks, hoping to build a strong nucleus that can turn the Factory of Sadness around.

I watched the Browns play this summer to try to get a feel for them. You really need to see the team play in the regular season to know them well. The preseason offers hints, but no real answers. The Browns were dead last in the preseason in yards and points. But RGIII had a QB rating of 100. Trying to make sense of things like that can drive you a bit nuts.

RGIII remains a very talented QB. He is healthy and is still dynamic as a runner. Eagles defenders will have their hands full with how to deal with him on QB runs. It is much harder to judge Griffin as a passer. He still has a very strong arm. He can make every throw in the book. There are moments when his touch and accuracy are outstanding. There are other times when he looks awkward.

Josh Gordon is suspended for this game so RGIII will be throwing the ball to explosive rookie Corey Coleman and Pryor. Coleman has the speed to stretch the defense so you can bet the Safeties will know where he is at all times. Pryor has developed into an interesting receiver. I’m genuinely curious to see how he does. He’s huge so DBs will be at a size disadvantage. And Pryor is a good athlete. Remember that as QB of the Raiders in 2013, he lit up the Eagles by throwing for 288 yards and running for 94. His athleticism gave the defense fits. TE Gary Barnidge is a solid receiver.

Hue Jackson will run the ball. He’s got a solid 1-2 punch in Isaiah Crowell and Duke Johnson. The Browns will be creative with running the ball. Their will be extra OL mixed in. There will be unbalanced lines. There will be some read-option. Jackson loves to put in big, physical players and pound the rock, but he will get creative to help boost the run game.

It is too early to judge the Browns OL. Joe Thomas is an outstanding LT and the key player up front. LG Joel Bitonio is also very good. Cam Erving is new at C. He played mostly OG as a rookie so becoming the starting C is a huge challenge for him. Austin Pasztor now takes over at RT. This could be a good OL, but could also be leaky early in the season. RGIII did get sacked 6 times this summer.

Ray Horton will be running the Browns defense for Jackson. Horton played under Dick LeBeau in Cincy and has coached under him as well. Horton is a 3-4 guy that will come up with some exotic blitzes.

The 3-4 is built around the OLBs. Cleveland has rookies Emmanuel Ogbah and Joe Schobert starting in those roles. Ogbah has big time potential. Schobert is the shocker. He is 6-1, 245. That’s tiny for a 3-4 OLB. But Jackson said Schobert outplayed Nate Orchard so he got the job.

Neither of the LBs really jumped out at me. I did like DE Xavier Cooper. He shows good quickness off the ball. He combines good size with good athleticism for a 3-4 DE.

Demario Davis and Christian Kirksey are the ILBs. Davis came over from the Jets. Kirksey is a third year player who has 13 career starts. He has shown some playmaking ability in the past.

CB Joe Haden remains the key player in the secondary. Injuries limited him to 5 starts last year, though. Haden is healthy now. Jamar Taylor will start opposite of him. Taylor has played for Miami and Denver and has 9 career starts. The starting Safeties from last year are gone, but the men replacing them were backups on the 2015 Browns. Former Eagles Jordan Poyer is one of them. Poyer caught my eye last year when I was checking out tape of free agent Tashaun Gipson. Poyer is not a good athlete, but he is tough and instinctive and those are important traits at FS.

With so little continuity in the back of the defense you would think Browns could be vulnerable to a good passing team. Instead, they’ll face the Eagles. (I kid, I kid)

Judging from a distance, the Browns look like one of the worst teams in the league (along with teams like SF, CHI and TEN). There are some good individual pieces, but they really went young. There are going to be lots of growing pains as the organization figures out who can and can’t play. This feels like a game the Eagles should win. On paper, they are better.

We don’t know who will will because both teams are such mysteries. The Eagles could have some young guys step up and the team suddenly is battling for the NFC East title. Or the Eagles could fall apart in a variety of ways and win 5 games. Cleveland plays in a tougher division, but they have the same potential for being good or bad. Just think about what a wild card RGIII is. At his best, he was incredibly good. He’s been on the bench for more than a year, but that gave him time to get healthy. And changing teams and coaches has done him a world of good mentally. Now he has to prove that he can still play at a high level. His confidence was shaken in Washington. If that’s back, he could be a really tough QB to defend.

I’m looking forward to Sunday. Let’s get this thing started so we can quit guessing and start to see these players and teams in action.

221 Comments on “Know Your Enemy – CLE”

1. 1 Mitchell said at 10:00 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Win or lose, I hope the offense isnt as boring and predictable as last year.

2. 2 Bert's Bells said at 10:35 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Or tie. It’d be cool if they went 0-0-16

3. 3 myartz04 said at 10:51 PM on September 9th, 2016:

You what’s fun? Statistically speaking, 0-0-16 is possible. Wonder what the odds are?

4. 4 A_T_G said at 11:59 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Donovan McNabb says it is impossible.

5. 5 Anders said at 1:51 AM on September 10th, 2016:

How do one calculate the winning percentage when you can’t divided by zero?

6. 6 Jernst said at 2:01 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Technically that’s infinity wins!

7. 7 Fufina said at 4:41 AM on September 10th, 2016:

What would be amazing is that we would end up having the worst record with 16 draws in the league… and yet actually be a semi decent team.

The are staggeringly low. There have been 7 draws in the last 25 years and if you use that as a basis of a probability of a game resulting in a draw you get to 4.2×10^-46% to draw all 16 games in a row or…. 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000042%

8. 8 myartz04 said at 7:58 AM on September 10th, 2016:

So you’re saying there’s a chance..

9. 9 meteorologist said at 10:04 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Should i start Carson Wentz, Derek Carr, or Dak Prescott?

10. 10 Dave said at 10:09 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Carr, rookies are a death sentence in ff

11. 11 laeagle said at 10:10 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Carr has experience and an actual offense.

EDIT: meant to respond to above

12. 12 wee2424 said at 11:41 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Carr, Prescott, Wentz, in that order.

Carr because he is a good VETERAN QB that has plenty of weapons to work with. I have factored in Wentz’ s and Prescott’s running ability, but Carr’s success in the NFL plus his arsenal take precedent over their athletic abilities.

The only reason I have Prescott before Wants is due to the fact he has more in game experience albeit pre season.

13. 13 Dragon_Eagle said at 11:51 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Agree with the others. This isn’t even a question. Start Carr. If and when Dak or Carson start to show real flashes then take your chances. 1st game of the season? Nope, they ride the pine.

14. 14 Insomniac said at 7:23 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I would stick to Carr unless Prescott/Wentz are on a hot streak. It’s not going to be likely that those two will outperform Carr since Carr is pretty good.

15. 15 Rob Jarratt said at 7:37 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I suggest that you and anyone else who relishes “Fantasy” Football go to a fantasy site and ask that question. This is not the forum. This is called Eagles Blitz, because it’s, well, about the Eagles.

I have never understood someone who supposedly roots for a team and then, somehow, pulls for an individual on another team. What if that individual is RG3 and is killing the Eagles? I don’t get it.

As far as I’m concerned, every team and player who is not an Eagle is the enemy.

16. 16 Media Mike said at 7:44 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I suggest you start a comment thread about something else in that case. Nobody is hurting anybody else by discussing fantasy. If you don’t like it, you can always downsize it.

Also; your cousin Jaiquawn sucks at football.

17. 17 Rob Jarratt said at 7:48 AM on September 10th, 2016:

If he’s my cousin, he spells his last name differently, MM. Trust me, I’m feeling no wounds or bruises. I just believe that fantasy is inappropriate for an Eagles forum. I still respect you despite your personal jab.

18. 18 Media Mike said at 7:50 AM on September 10th, 2016:

My opinion for your family just went up! Nobody should be related to that bum.

19. 19 Rob Jarratt said at 7:52 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Agreed. In fact, he is more related to the Jarrett NASCAR family.

20. 20 Media Mike said at 7:53 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Or loser Jeff Jarrett from WWE?

21. 21 Rob Jarratt said at 7:55 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’s why I need to emphasize the last “a” in my name, MM. The string of loser Jarretts is long.

22. 22 Insomniac said at 7:51 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Football is football, if you enjoy the community here and someone is willing to help then why not?

23. 23 eagleyankfan said at 8:25 AM on September 10th, 2016:

In case you’re not paying attention — there’s a great group of guys here who are football fans with some ol all around football knowledge…

24. 24 Rob Jarratt said at 8:29 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Said by you who root for the home team and the hated Yankees.

Btw, you are expanding the conversation way, way beyond my central point. I am not criticizing the ‘great group of guys.” That’s why I’m on this forum and doing my share to contribute poignant posts.

25. 25 eagleyankfan said at 8:38 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I might have to change my name to eagleoriolefan 🙁 …

26. 26 Rob Jarratt said at 9:20 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Much, much better.

27. 27 Jernst said at 10:07 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Nobody cares how you feel

28. 28 daveH said at 10:38 AM on September 10th, 2016:

You root for the yankees ? Do you have an A Rod jersey ??

29. 29 meteorologist said at 1:24 PM on September 10th, 2016:

But it’s the igglesblitz fantasy league

30. 30 Forthebirds said at 11:15 AM on September 11th, 2016:

I understand why fans enjoy fantasy football, but a lot of fans now root for the players on “their” team instead of rooting for actual teams. Personally I could care less about who they select. Just pass over that drivel.

31. 31 GermanEagle said at 10:11 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Thanks for hearing our prayers, Tommy.

I love this edition ‘know your enemy’ !!

32. 32 wee2424 said at 10:58 PM on September 9th, 2016:

Nice scouting report.

Strangely enough the thing that stuck with me the most is the Poyer being tough comment.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I though Poyer was a small DB that played with finnese as opposed to power. Liked him for a 7th round pick, and really hoped that he would stick with the team at the time.

33. 33 D3FB said at 12:18 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Undersized and not very fast but he was tough and had good ball skills. It’s why he was an All-American at Oregon State.

34. 34 wee2424 said at 7:03 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Yeah… I thought it was due to good ball skills and a high football IQ. Learn something new everyday….

35. 35 deshawnbentley said at 11:28 PM on September 9th, 2016:

fun fact: LeBron tried to slide in Poyer’s GF’s DMs. Rachel Bush. Look her up

36. 36 anon said at 11:43 PM on September 9th, 2016:

LBJ owns cleveland so wouldn’t expect any girl to be safe

37. 37 A_T_G said at 12:00 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Ah, Jordan Poyer. He was Henry Josey before it was cool.

38. 38 Media Mike said at 7:37 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’s amazing. I was a huge Poyer fan when they drafted him.

39. 39 RC5000 said at 1:49 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Tight end and special teams standout Trey Burton ended up on the injury report for the first time this week with a calf injury. He is listed as questionable and had limited participation in Friday’s practice.

The Eagles have one open roster spot, but Pederson says he doesn’t see it being filled by Sunday.

40. 40 Fufina said at 4:30 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I am pretty sure that the 53rd roster spot is being saved for Goode at this point. Can sign him Saturday? or some time next week and he no longer gets guaranteed the entire year week 1.

41. 41 eagleyankfan said at 8:19 AM on September 10th, 2016:

You don’t think the Eagles sign a QB?

42. 42 Media Mike said at 8:26 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Have a name?

43. 43 eagleyankfan said at 8:29 AM on September 10th, 2016:

No clue. Normally I’d say the new HC would sign a back up from his old team, but he did that already.
    I’m not the greatest at remembering the rules — is there a rule like after 1 or 2 games the contracts become guarantees? If so, maybe they are waiting for a team to drop someone?

44. 44 Media Mike said at 8:30 AM on September 10th, 2016:

If you sign a guy after the first game his contract is not guaranteed.

I’m not sure I’m enamored with “QB3” for a roster spot right now given the garbage that is out there.

45. 45 Fufina said at 8:34 AM on September 10th, 2016:

This is kinda where i am at the moment. We will not dress a 3rd QB on game day, and if we have 2 QB injuries we are screwed anyway and we are going to the dumpster fire. We don’t need to develop a QB… we have Wentz for that and i am sure we will draft a back up to develop some time in the next 2 years to replace Chase.

46. 46 Media Mike said at 8:41 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I’d really not worry about it unless we have to IR one of our guys.

47. 47 daveH said at 10:36 AM on September 10th, 2016:

If we have 1 QB injury we’ll make the Vikes look like the greatest Brain Scientists EVER .. we’ll be offering draft picks for years, we will be a laffing stock of the entire N F f in L

48. 48 Media Mike said at 10:41 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Why? We sold very high on Bradford.

49. 49 daveH said at 6:59 PM on September 13th, 2016:

Yeah but but but are we toast if daniels is on the field

50. 50 Stephen E. said at 12:28 AM on September 11th, 2016:

I think you mean “brain surgeon”.

I don’t even get your meaning. If Wentz is hurt, we go to Daniel and probably have a hard time just like most other teams. Why would we need to offer draft picks for years? Even if Wentz had a career-ending injury, well, we have the Vikes’ first-round pick to try for another QB.

51. 51 daveH said at 1:48 PM on September 11th, 2016:

Brain Surgeon &Rocket Scientist. Combo. Took to next level.
    I wish injury on no one.
    No one capitulated either. . Broncos backup not much of a dropff

52. 52 Forthebirds said at 11:21 AM on September 11th, 2016:

There’s a greater chance that Bradford is injured and the Bikes look like morons for giving up a 1st and 4th.

53. 53 RC5000 said at 12:02 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Hogan. Murray might be possibilities. They are on practice squads so you can add either of them tRemember Cousins came in same time as RG3

54. 54 Fufina said at 9:44 AM on September 10th, 2016:

And it is so:

55. 55 daveH said at 10:31 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Nice call

56. 56 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:34 PM on September 10th, 2016:

When you look at the lack of LB talent in our division, im surprised the Giants or Cowboys didn’t poach Najee… Doubt either team has 5 Linebackers better then him

57. 57 Jernst said at 1:59 AM on September 10th, 2016:

All mysteries aside this is a game that any half decent team should win handily. I hate to put to much on any one given game but this is one of those games where I think a loss answers a lot more questions with this team than a win. I’ll be very disappointed if we lose. That to me signifies that this team is a bottom rung team with a long way to go. Whereas if we win I’ll be happy but a lot of questions will remain based on the level of competition.

58. 58 Will Mahoney said at 4:36 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Its just one game. It the QBs very first game. Its the head coach’s first game. Brand new schemes on both sides of the ball.

We can blow out the Brown and go 1-15. We can get blown out and go on to have 10 win season.

59. 59 Jernst said at 9:38 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I know. I said that its just one game. But, I still feel the way I do. Regardless of everything you said, this is a game that a decent team should take care of.

60. 60 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:32 PM on September 10th, 2016:

The way the Browns disrespected Wentz makes losing not acceptable this weak. Just for the one week I need them to look like a good football team and smack the Browns around. After this week, I’ll live with the rookie struggles, but the kid needs to own the Browns. They have to pay

61. 61 ChoTime said at 10:51 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Kind of reminds me of our season opener against Cleveland a few years back, with Vick at QB. It was shocking how terrible we looked. And that was how we were the whole year. I think early games are generally telling.

62. 62 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:30 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I don’t care that we have a rookie QB. Losing to this Browns team is unacceptable
    schwartz should be able to generate more pressure against RG3, than What Hortons defense should be able to produce against Wentz… And RG3 is the ultimate Fromt runner, you start beating him up, and he unravels, fumbling away balls, and throwing up foolish INTs…
    This game is all about not allowing X plays, because it’s very unlikely that the Browns offense can generate long scoring drives against us, but they do have some explosive Big Play weapons that we need to respect, and given a clean pocket, RG3 throws a good deep ball. But if we can rough up RG3 early, odds are that they end up turning it over 3 or 4 times, and you don’t want to give the Eagles a short field now that they have a Beast of a fade weapon in DGB who needs to be respected in the redzone, along with Sproles who has always been a match up problem in the passing game. Thinking doug Pederson will use Sproles in a WEs Welker role in the Redzone
    Wentz is also a Redzone weapon in his own right, bringing that Tim Tebow Redzone duel threat which was the one thing TEBOW could do at the NFL level
    I’d like to see some short yardage where we go with Unbalanced Lines, moving Jason peters to the other side giving us a wall of powerhouse blockers in Brooks, Lane, Peters, and Celek with Mathews battering Ramming behind them

I don’t know how good this offense will be all year, but they certainly have the Ingrediants for what should be a strong REDZONE offense

63. 63 Media Mike said at 7:19 AM on September 10th, 2016:

“Cleveland passed on the chance to draft Carson Wentz and instead will take their chances with RGIII, Pt. 2 at QB.”

Because their owner is obsessed with getting a running QB. He fired the whole front office because they didn’t get RG3 and now they’ve solved that “failure” but signing him.

Now they’re tanking for “QB” DeShaun Watson.

Good luck. They’re probably mess that up and allow San Fran to get the first pick.

64. 64 Insomniac said at 7:24 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Wentz is a running QB.

65. 65 Media Mike said at 7:26 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’ll blissfully be phased into oblivion. And having the skills / wheels to do that vs. needed that to be the primary part of his game are two entirely different things. He wasn’t drafted to be the brain dead guy with slow eyes who can’t make progression reads who reads one and runs.

66. 66 Insomniac said at 7:27 AM on September 10th, 2016:

But that’s exactly what he is right now?

67. 67 Media Mike said at 7:28 AM on September 10th, 2016:

No. That wasn’t what he was reported to be in his preseason game action or in practices.

68. 68 Insomniac said at 7:30 AM on September 10th, 2016:

You must have watched a different preseason game then. Wentz is still pretty much the same player from NDSU and that guy has a ton of issues.

69. 69 Media Mike said at 7:35 AM on September 10th, 2016:

No doubt he’s not making all of the NFL throws / reads yet, but I don’t fear he’s going to be stuck in the bad habit-ville of the guys who have to be runners to be successful.

70. 70 Insomniac said at 7:37 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’s what I’m expecting but easing him into the league without letting him run will take awhile.

71. 71 Media Mike said at 7:41 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Simple solution; hand it off to the RBs more often. And I don’t mind him running Kubiak style on some play action / bootleg stuff where he can see a defender coming and slide if he needs to. I just don’t want any of the peek a boo garbage with the football read-option style.

72. 72 Insomniac said at 7:46 AM on September 10th, 2016:

You’re going to see read options since he’s done that in NDSU. Don’t think we’ll see that as much as Chip did though. At least I hope we don’t with our crappy OL.

73. 73 Media Mike said at 7:47 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I’ll boo it each and every time. I don’t want our franchise QB lit up endlessly.

74. 74 xmbk said at 7:52 AM on September 10th, 2016:

How is the oline crappy?

75. 75 Media Mike said at 7:54 AM on September 10th, 2016:

More scary than crappy. But could be crappy. Barbre, Kelce, possible MIA Lane causing shuffling, continued worries over Peters getting more likely to miss time due to age / wear.

76. 76 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:18 PM on September 10th, 2016:

We might see a way more effective read option than we ever saw in Philly under chip since we haven’t had a QB who could really run since VICK…. If we spent years running zone read with pocket QBs who had NO business running those type of plays, I kind of DONT mind seeing what a Zone read is really supposed to look like now that we actually have a Qb suitable to run with… At least while we are easing Wentz into the pro game since he is comfortable using zone Reads….
    Shit we are used to being stuck watching Zone Reads, holding our breaths hoping that Sanchez or Foles would get us 5 yards, 10 yards was like best case scenario… I won’t mind seeing us run it now that we have the personnel that at least has a chance of generating big 40 yards run which is really why you should be running that play, not to gain 5 yards like Chip used it with slow QBs in Philly..
    A Wentz/Ryan Mathews ZR has big play potemtial, and it doesn’t hurt that we have a bunch of big WRs that can smash CB’s in the run game..
    Eventually Wentz will hopefully evolve out of that, but since he is comfortable running it, im sure we will see it throughout his rookie year…. Once he burns a defense with it, and they really have to respect him as a threat, that should create some extra space for the explosive mathews to break one. If we could freeze defenders with Foles running for 5 yards, the threat of Wentz running should help that much more… For a big powerhouse RB! mathews does not lack breakaway speed. If he gets passed the safeties, he is gone!

77. 77 Rambo said at 7:43 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I’d rather watch Wentz work through his growing pains than to see Chase Daniel playing like he did this summer.

78. 78 Insomniac said at 7:44 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Same here but people are forgetting that he’s still very much of a project. I’m expecting the same career trajectory of Bortles for Wentz.

79. 79 Media Mike said at 7:45 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’s fair.

80. 80 Rambo said at 7:55 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Nice. I’ll be happy with that. Hopefully we can watch him grow into our franchise qb for years to come. Am I wrong for hoping Dak falls apart?

81. 81 Insomniac said at 7:59 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Nope, wouldn’t blame you at all.

82. 82 Media Mike said at 8:05 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Not at all. F Dak. F Dallas. The only problem is that I can’t root for a Giants win either.

83. 83 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:06 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I root for the Giants when they play the skins or Cowboys because I don’t consider the Giants our Rivals any more, they have become our “Bitch”…
    .l
    Eagles led by our DL have been dominating the weak Giants OL for years now and I wont even acknowledge them as a threat or competition until they adress that pathetic right side of their OL.
    If the Giants OL DIDNT stand a chance against the Billy Davis DL, how are they going to hold up against Schwartz’s DL? Do you know what Vinny Curry will do to Marshall Newhouse? Jon Gerry against Cox isn’t even fair
    When they address their OL, then I’ll welcome them back as Rivals

84. 84 daveH said at 10:29 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Rooting for Romo and Sanchez to be in the game is essentially rooting AGAINST Dallas

85. 85 eagleyankfan said at 8:16 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Would be nice if we get the same WR’s talent that Bortles has…

86. 86 BlindChow said at 10:22 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I’m still not sold on Bortles. Had a ton of dropped INT’s last year plus a lot of garbage time numbers trying to play catch-up.

87. 87 Media Mike said at 10:24 AM on September 10th, 2016:

But garbage time stats have people thinking Kelvin Benjamin is a good player.

88. 88 Insomniac said at 10:43 AM on September 10th, 2016:

They both have almost similar tools and issues that need to be ironed out. Which is why I’m comparing him to Bortles.

89. 89 Media Mike said at 7:45 AM on September 10th, 2016:

In fairness to our short slept friend; I don’t think he was proposing we suffer through that evil midget.

90. 90 Rambo said at 7:54 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Good.

91. 91 BlindChow said at 10:21 AM on September 10th, 2016:

He ran during the preseason because he had no OL.

92. 92 HawaiianEagle said at 10:37 AM on September 10th, 2016:

We’re gonna find out tomorrow.

93. 93 Insomniac said at 10:37 AM on September 10th, 2016:

He ran a ton in college too. Whether it was taking advantage of his dual threat abilities or designed run plays, 200+ rushing attempts in 2 years would make him a runner in my eyes.

94. 94 Media Mike said at 7:27 AM on September 10th, 2016:

On the Browns D:

Ray Horton has a rather undeserved rep as a good DC. He had good Ds in Arizona; which a true genius like Todd Bowles made immediately better upon arrival. He then went to the Titans; and was quickly demoted behind Dick LeBeau, who Pittsburgh fans can tell you isn’t a very good coordinator any at this point.

Ogbah doesn’t worry me in the least. His “production” was against Big 12 right tackles and he got embarrassed by a very mediocre RT (Fahn Cooper) from Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl.

The key guy on the Browns D is Danny Shelton. If he dominates Kelce at the point of attack we’re in trouble.

95. 95 Insomniac said at 7:47 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That’s why we brought in Brooks, have to help Kelce’s weak ass with those big guys.

96. 96 Media Mike said at 7:48 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Thank God Lane is playing today. Because Brooks can’t help Kelce and Barbre Doll at the same time. Hopefully Peters handling his business on the other side allows Barbre to stand out less for his horrible play at LG.

97. 97 Insomniac said at 7:58 AM on September 10th, 2016:

LG is pretty much a turnstile at this point. No OL development and depth is another mistake that Chip Kelly thought he could outsmart. What a joke.

98. 98 Media Mike said at 8:03 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Sem, HPV, and Gordon should give us some hope.

99. 99 Jernst said at 10:20 AM on September 10th, 2016:

HPV…terrible nickname or worst nickname ever?

100. 100 Media Mike said at 10:21 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I was going with H-Vat, but got usurped by whoever on here went with HPV. I believe they’re a genius for coming up with it.

101. 101 unhinged said at 10:26 AM on September 10th, 2016:

I’m pretty sure it’s incurable.

102. 102 Greg Richards said at 8:35 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Did I blackout and lose a day?! Man, down a couple of Zimas and you don’t know what happens. Guess I need to go find out who I need to apologize to.

103. 103 xmbk said at 7:49 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Not seeing Tenn as one of the worst teams in the league, not this year.

104. 104 Media Mike said at 7:51 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Tennessee has a massive flaw in their roster; both OTs suck. I’m not sure how well they can work around that all year.

I do like their approach however………….as long as Henery is out snapping Murray soon. I need the help in fantasy.

105. 105 eagleyankfan said at 8:10 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Or Henry…

106. 106 Media Mike said at 8:26 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Thank you. Our pencil necked geek of a kicker has burned an indelible image of the spelling of that name in my brain.

107. 107 truehaynes said at 10:19 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Who the fuck took that trade

108. 108 Rambo said at 8:49 AM on September 10th, 2016:

AMEN. Same here lol.

109. 109 D3FB said at 12:13 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Lewan’s fine. Conklin is trash.

110. 110 Media Mike said at 1:24 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Lewan should be in jail.

To intimidate a rap victim is the lowest form of savagery. Especially when trying to let one of his scUM teammates avoid some well deserved jail time.

111. 111 D3FB said at 4:06 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Agreed, he’s a trash human.

112. 112 Sean Stott said at 4:21 PM on September 10th, 2016:

What’s the big deal, it’s just rape. Not like he smoked weed.

113. 113 xmbk said at 5:09 PM on September 10th, 2016:

You think Conklin sucks? Why? I like his attitude, has looked good as a run blocker in the preseason.

114. 114 xmbk said at 5:15 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Conklin and Warmack could be really solid to run behind, help them establish what they want.

115. 115 unhinged said at 8:35 AM on September 10th, 2016:

As good as Eagles believe Wentz can be, he’s got a slew of mistakes to make and learn from. What I think gives the Eagles confidence in him is his ability to stay focused. When he takes a sack or throws a pick (and he will do those things more than a couple times), if he’s the guy they love, he’ll forget those plays at the whistle. Also, I don’t think he’s going to react to a score like he just landed on the moon, in some scary celebratory maneuver a la Gus Frerotte (or the now illegal crossbar dunk that DMAC liked to do).
    I will be ecstatic if – win or lose – Wentz exhibits zeal, humility and focus. They are some of the behavioral habits that yield mental toughness. No QB ever achieves the “great” label if he doesn’t project that quality.

116. 116 BlindChow said at 10:17 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Wentz when he scores a TD

117. 117 daveH said at 10:24 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Thats me !!! He’s way too cool to play it like dat

118. 118 eagleyankfan said at 8:35 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Both NFL Live commentators predict the Cleveland Browns. They expect a better RG3. I get they are national guys – but this isn’t the same ol’ defense. New scheme/qb/coach etc. but this defense seems comfortable in its own skin already. RG3 preseason highlights were against the Falcons. I can throw against them :). I think Eagles win. RM/Ertz/Sproles score…

119. 119 Media Mike said at 8:46 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Both NFL live commentators need to self examine their brains by exercising their 2nd Amendment rights and spraying said brains all over the nearest wall.

120. 120 BlindChow said at 10:10 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Hey Mike, think you could tone down the suicide talk?

Some of us have actually lost love ones to suicide, and this is the last thing I want to have to read when coming to read about my favorite team.

Seriously, these guys just have a different opinion than you about a game. Maybe just wish upon them a grievous injury instead…?

121. 121 Media Mike said at 10:20 AM on September 10th, 2016:

That valid; I can alter that to they can go fuck themselves in the future.

122. 122 daveH said at 10:22 AM on September 10th, 2016:

U going w German? Wher u watching it?

123. 123 Media Mike said at 10:23 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Negative. I’m not a game attendee usually. I have a small group of friends who always assemble at the same house for full carnage.

124. 124 daveH said at 10:42 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Ill bring Titos & tater tots …

125. 125 Media Mike said at 10:43 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Tell German!

126. 126 daveH said at 10:44 AM on September 10th, 2016:

He needs a designated driver

127. 127 GermanEagle said at 1:29 PM on September 10th, 2016:

No I don’t. Any more. Will spend the night in Philly with my family and then head back to NYC early Monday morning.

128. 128 daveH said at 10:21 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Respects and condolences if you were being even partially serious. I think a bud of mine was a jumper on 911 at the wtc. I work w a bud who escaped, his story is gripping. There was a big beautiful swell that day so I left the city at 5am. Respects & Never Forget.

129. 129 truehaynes said at 10:22 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Life is goode

130. 130 Media Mike said at 10:22 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Life’s been Goode so far………

131. 131 Greg Richards said at 11:32 AM on September 10th, 2016:

Eh, not so Goode. Reason Goode was likely re-signed now instead of on Monday when his salary for year wouldn’t become guaranteed is because there’s a strong possibility that Trey Burton won’t be able to play tomorrow(calf strain in practice on Friday) and they need Goode for STs purposes.

132. 132 RC5000 said at 12:09 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Well I get what you’re saying but for Goode fans if his salary is guaranteed there’s a better chance he’ll stick around.

133. 133 truehaynes said at 5:24 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I want his salary guaranteed. He earned it

134. 134 FairOaks said at 6:42 PM on September 10th, 2016:

My guess he was left off the 53 in order to facilitate trades more than the guaranteed money.

135. 135 A_T_G said at 8:30 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Agreed, but I don’t get the appeal of waiting. Are the Eagles really considering not keeping him all season? Would they not give him the salary if he got hurt (which would not endear them to the other players)? Would they even notice his salary on their budget?

136. 136 Dragon_Eagle said at 12:23 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Now that Goode is back, when do we resign Vandervelde?

137. 137 Stephen E. said at 12:42 AM on September 11th, 2016:

We already re-signed and cut him 3 times while you were typing your post.

138. 138 ChoTime said at 1:00 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Some more NFL predictions. Kacsmar has us #4 in the East, Cowboys #1. I do agree that both the Boys and the Giants are due for some regression to the mean (which will help them). They both lost close ones, a non-predictive thing, and NY had bad injury luck again.

He doesn’t believe in the Eagles D, either. I wonder if only Eagles fans do…

139. 139 Nailed It! said at 1:29 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Eh, he is taking the very glass is half empty look at the current Eagles team. And he hates Wentz. But loves him some Prescott I do not understand how you can look at the Dallas team with that horrible horrible defense and think Prescott can put up 30+ a game, cause I feel like he will have too just to keep his team in the game. That is asking allot for a rookie 4th rounder to do. I feel like his evaluation of our D and rookie qb fits Dallas more than the Eagles.

140. 140 Sean Stott said at 5:10 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Webpage looks like it was made in 1994. I don’t like that guy, he’s kind of dumb.

141. 141 Nailed It! said at 1:35 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Penn State…. Woof, when are they going to remove Franklin?

142. 142 Media Mike said at 1:45 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Not
    good

143. 143 Nailed It! said at 1:52 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Troy vs. Clemson is actually a real fun game.

144. 144 Nailed It! said at 3:43 PM on September 10th, 2016:

May have spoke to soon on this game….

145. 145 D3FB said at 4:07 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I hope they bring in a power spread guy just to troll you.

146. 146 daveH said at 11:12 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Joe knew all along.. joe kept his man Jerry away from recruits for at keast a decade..F Joe Pa creepy complicit liar .. F Penn State

147. 147 Gian GEAGLE said at 1:45 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Blue print to victory is simple for this week. The Browns offense shouldn’t be able to manufacture long drives against us, so they will be relying on generating big plays With RG3 ability to throw deep. Keep them from gashing us with Big play scores and they shouldn’t be able to put up enough points to beat us

148. 148 BobSmith77 said at 2:16 PM on September 10th, 2016:

This Browns’ team sucks snd there aren’t many NFL teams you can really save that about. If they win more than 3 games, I’ll be surprised.

Nationally though their seems to be a real consensus this Eagles’ team is going to suck too. Only 3.5 points favorites at home and I have seen a fair amount of national/ESPN guys taking the Browns outright. One of the few seasons I can remember where local fanbase seems a lot more optimistic than the national guys.

You can’t win an NFL season in Sept but you can certainly lose one. If the Eagles lose this game at home to arguably the worst team in the NFL, it’s going to be a long season.

149. 149 Dave said at 3:10 PM on September 10th, 2016:

If we lose tomorrow I’d imagine if would be due to the WR play. Theirs beating out cornerbacks on long passes for TDs and ours dropping 3rd down passes.

150. 150 BobSmith77 said at 3:17 PM on September 10th, 2016:

It strikes me as a game of which team doesn’t make brutal mistakes. I can’t see the Browns winning this game unless they are +2 or better in the turnover column.

151. 151 Dave said at 3:36 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I have no confidence with our cornerbacks playing the deep ball without having the safeties over the top. RGIII has a strong arm and will surely challenge our corners deep. Hopefully, our pass rush get’s there first.

152. 152 unhinged said at 3:58 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Two things, I think, play into the buzz: Hue Jackson has proven his offensive worth over a few years, and Pederson has not. And starting rookie QB’s have a history of beating themselves. By any measure, Griffen should look better than Wentz tomorrow, but there is a lot of tape on him so maybe not.

153. 153 HawaiianEagle said at 2:48 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Guess I’ll wear my Sproles jersey tomorrow. I’m 6’3″ and my workmates make fun of me because Sproles is short and they say I look weird in his jersey. I told them to STFU and keep rooting for Dak…

154. 154 P_P_K said at 4:34 PM on September 10th, 2016:

A pic of you and Darren in matching jerseys would be great.

155. 155 HawaiianEagle said at 4:39 PM on September 10th, 2016:

My mission…

156. 156 P_P_K said at 8:45 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I don’t know if I ever mentioned this but, with your avatar, I thought you might appreciate the following . My Grandparents used to live in NE Philly and their next door neighbor was Larry Fine’s sister. I met her but never the Stooge. Cool right?

157. 157 daveH said at 6:06 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Great schit!! Way to own it. Wudnt fault for wearing a Mahe jersey either

158. 158 A_T_G said at 8:26 PM on September 10th, 2016:

With the Mahe jersey, though, you need to wear the matching lead shoes.

159. 159 daveH said at 11:09 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I know..frustrating player .. but he made to the pros, never ever worried about him getting injured , and he is a true HawaiianEagle

160. 160 Sean Stott said at 4:17 PM on September 10th, 2016:

By my math the Browns are playing 17 (!) rookies. Best case scenario, some work out. How the hell do you manage the contracts in 3-4 years time?

161. 161 Dragon_Eagle said at 4:29 PM on September 10th, 2016:

In 3-4 years if they’re are worried about managing these contracts, they did a good job now.

162. 162 A_T_G said at 8:25 PM on September 10th, 2016:

The Browns have like 24 draft picks (estimated) this spring and will probably accumulate 30 for the next one. Sixteen of those 17 guys will be out of the league in 3-4 years.

163. 163 Gian GEAGLE said at 4:29 PM on September 10th, 2016:

For a team with a debuting rookie QB, new coaches/new schemes, We really couldnt ask for a better week 1 opponent. wentz gets to face one of the most manageable defenses we will see all year. While the strength of our team, the DL gets some good work in against a solid Browns OL, and our veteran secondary gets to face some explosive weapons in an offense that will live and die by the X play since they should struggle to manufacture long scoring drives consistently.
    we are talking about a Browns defense with its top two pass rushers From last season injured, and recently cut Paul Kruger having to go into this game starting two rookie edge rushers agaist Lane and what I assume will be a healthy Jason Peters. When you combine lack of pass rush with a weak secondary, than I’m going to expect that any QB that takes the field in the NFL to have some success. I respect the player development process and the patiemce young QBs require, but if our OL Gives Wentz the time and protection I expect him to get on Sunday, then I’ll be pretty Dissapointed if he doesn’t have his moments against this secondary. if he keeps his eyes downfield in the face of a pass rush like he did in the Preseason, that alone should lead to some success and Big plays against a brown Sevondary, that with the exception of Joe Haden, jettisoned some quality DBs like Safety Tashuan Gipson, to replace him with yoûng players like Jordan Poyet, Ihbrahim Cambell, or older than dirt Tramon Williams. If DGB and Agholar can’t burn old man Williamw we are pathetic…Ertz better not let Poyer shut him down…
    KELCE needs to put that added 10lbs on display in a solid performamce against DANNY Shelton especially with Brooks next To him, and our OTs being able to handle two young edge rushers. Kirksey is one of the more capable LBs in coverage but even if he can shut down Sproles, Ertz still has a very favorable matchup against the two worst safeties the Browns have had in years (letting studs like Gipson and TJ Ward walk)
    I don’t care that this is Wentz debut, I’ll be highly dissapointed if the offense struggles with this Btowns defense… Winning this game like 20-13 would be alarming. Not because I think our offense is the second coming of the greatest show on turf, but because of how little I think of their defenskve personnel… But I like that at least they have a decent OL and explosive weapons for our defenders to get some work against
    The negative is that the Browns and Bears are so bad that how we perform can be misleading, but Rothlisberger in week 3 wjll be the reality check and true Barometer of where this team is at. But im going to be really dissapointed if we dont take advantage of building Some confident and starting the season 2-0.. I don’t care how I experiemced Wentz is, losing to RG3 and Jay Cutler will never be acceptable

164. 164 P_P_K said at 4:34 PM on September 10th, 2016:

For all these reasons, the Eagles should start this season 1-0. Talk to you Sunday night about maybe 2-0.

165. 165 Gian GEAGLE said at 4:49 PM on September 10th, 2016:

We have a pretty tough schedule, and a rookie QB, so Its more Important than ever to take care of the teams like the Browns and Bears. Even tho they aren’t strong teams, it’s still nice to start the year off well, build some confidence in the kid and the new coaching staff…. We could certainly use two weeks of confidence building for our young WRs… With the exception of Haden, Ill be dissapointed if Nelson and DGB can’t make plays against the Browns CB… The Bears secondary isn’t any better. Their best player is probably Fuller who isn’t the veteran Joe Haden is… Ita important that we get our WRs going early Taking advantage of the favorable match ups and get off to a good start because the schedule gets much tougher from there
    We probably aren’t good enough to make up for not beating the teams we are supposed to beat. A let down against the Browns would be horrible

166. 166 P_P_K said at 8:42 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I’m optimistic that a reasonable Offensive game plan will be sufficient to beat the Browns. If the game plan becomes offensive (see what I did there?), the ship could go down. As an Eagles fan, I’m always prepped for the worse, but this is definitely a winnable game, even with the rookie QB

167. 167 PacificPurl said at 9:22 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Can’t help but think the Browns and Bears fans are telling each other, “The Eagles should be easy pickings. New coaches, a child QB, still unsettled O Line, WRs who can’t hold on to the ball, very thin at linebacker, some DBs getting older and a HC who thinks it’s still 2004. Definitely a winnable game.” Point of view depends on where you’re sitting and which Kool Aid you’ve been swallowing. ;-》

168. 168 P_P_K said at 10:01 AM on September 11th, 2016:

I’m sticking with the Green Kool Aid at this point. I hope it doesn’t kill me for at least a couple weeks.

169. 169 ACViking said at 5:36 PM on September 10th, 2016:

” . . . week 3 w[i]ll be the reality check and true Barometer of where this team is at . . . ”
    _________________

What exactly does that mean?

In 2015, the Falcons started 5-0.

Week 3 is like early May in MLB.

It’s not a “true Barometer” of anything . . . except the team’s record after 3 games.

Check back in December.

170. 170 Dave said at 6:01 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Hopefully we’re all checking back through the entire month of January.

171. 171 Tumtum said at 6:41 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Thats the fun of Wentz. Will be really hard to lose interest.

172. 172 Dave said at 6:55 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I can’t upvote this enough.

173. 173 Nailed It! said at 6:12 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Well technically a barometer is used to measure atmospheric pressure, so if we are measuring the weather in Philly on that day then yes it is. But I agree that this is the NFL and every game is a litmus test because no one can predict this wild league.

174. 174 ChoTime said at 7:23 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Why do you need to know pH of the game, technically speaking?

175. 175 A_T_G said at 8:21 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Because this is pHilly and we fight (for a neutral solution).

176. 176 Greg Richards said at 7:42 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I don’t think it will be a true barometer because I think the Steelers are the most overrated team in the NFL. They’re very thin at WR/TE/OL. Their secondary is horrible.

177. 177 GermanEagle said at 8:01 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I’d take ‘thin’ at WR every day Of the Week if I had the best player at this position on my team.

178. 178 Mitchell said at 4:39 PM on September 10th, 2016:

The Eagles seemed to have won the turnover battle all preseason, something the Chip led Eagles struggled with virtually every season. I hope the trend continues because if you win the turnover battle you are more or less always in the game.

179. 179 Gian GEAGLE said at 4:52 PM on September 10th, 2016:

The Defense should be counted on to do it’s part in the turnover battle. It’s up to our young offensive skill players to do their part. Hopefully the WRs are tired of hearing Everyone call them the worst group in the league.

180. 180 Sean Stott said at 5:15 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Anyone predicting the Browns to win is being a contrarian dick.

181. 181 Aaron said at 5:23 PM on September 10th, 2016:

who said, “Know your enema”

182. 182 Gian GEAGLE said at 5:28 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I’m just excited to see Hicks play. Last year was a tease.

183. 183 Nailed It! said at 5:44 PM on September 10th, 2016:

And to cap this award-winning gallery, the view from my seat in the press box. #BattleAtBristol pic.twitter.com/C0m060lFiE— Joe Rexrode (@joerexrode) September 10, 2016

This is absurd. What a ridiculous event.

184. 184 Nailed It! said at 5:44 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Check out the rest of his timeline for view across the stadium.

185. 185 Dave said at 5:59 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Lurie and the rest of the owners would do it too if they could make a few million more dollars for 1 game.

186. 186 Nailed It! said at 6:09 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I know but come on, this is cartoon big for a football stadium. I mean I love it because I do not have to watch from the stands. And I get to bask in the ridiculousness of southerners watching football in a Nascar stadium. Its incredible.

187. 187 Dave said at 6:16 PM on September 10th, 2016:

It’s the reason I don’t go see Penn State games anymore. Tailgating is fun, watching football in a stadium like that is for those people that do things just to say they did them.

Reminds me when my sister and her hisband spent over $1k to see the ball drop in times square and stayed in the city for the weekend. They said it was extremely overrated but now they have a story to tell others.

188. 188 wee2424 said at 7:05 PM on September 10th, 2016:

EMERGENCY….. Currently reside in FL. Naturally the MIA game will be on at 1 tommorow. I cannot miss Wentz play. Can someone please inform me of a good free streaming site so I can watch our Birds.

189. 189 Sean Stott said at 7:13 PM on September 10th, 2016:

google firstrowsports (the url constantly changes as the site gets shut down). Make sure you have an adblocker

190. 190 wee2424 said at 8:20 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I think they are permanently done.

191. 191 Sean Stott said at 8:43 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Nope, they are most certainly not. You just usually need to google since the URL is always changing.

192. 192 wee2424 said at 12:31 PM on September 11th, 2016:

Yup… your right. Thanks.

193. 193 Insomniac said at 7:40 PM on September 10th, 2016:

check on game day

or sign up for

194. 194 levdog said at 10:35 PM on September 10th, 2016:

i am in the Philippines, just checked out watch.ustvnow.com- works great, free, no adds. thanks for the info.

195. 195 A_T_G said at 10:55 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Good stuff. Do you know if it works in the US too? Can you always get the Eagles games?

196. 196 Insomniac said at 12:17 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Sign up and see if it works. I’ve heard conflicting reports about if it works for people in the US. It’s still free and doesn’t cost anything.

From their website.

“Our free plan includes all major terrestrial stations that as an American citizen or resident you would normally be able to receive for free (ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, My9). For 45 days you will be able to enjoy the free service in hi resolution using your computer or our optimized interfaces for the iPad, iPhone, Android and Roku. After 45 days on our free plan, you will be able to watch only on your computer and it will be in low resolution. To restore all features, you need upgrade to a paid plan, which includes not only the networks mentioned above but also the top cable TV channels.”

197. 197 A_T_G said at 12:19 AM on September 11th, 2016:

That first sentence is what made me wonder. It seems to imply you are outside, but doesn’t say it.

198. 198 Insomniac said at 12:25 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Just regurgitating what I’ve heard. I was skeptical too until it worked for me. I’m not sure if it gets every Eagles game but they usually post their schedule so you can check ahead.

USTV seems to be based in Harrisburg. I’m not sure what the coverage is like there so treat it as another source. When in doubt try the reddit link on game day.

199. 199 Mitchell said at 12:33 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Yeh it works. Thats what I use. Im in Illinois and now, I dont have to pay for Sunday Ticket.

200. 200 A_T_G said at 10:54 PM on September 10th, 2016:

The ustv thing, anyone have first hand experience with it? Is it as good as it sounds? Can I stream from within the US without some PITA proxy? Any pitfalls? Better quality than firstrowsports?

201. 201 Insomniac said at 12:14 AM on September 11th, 2016:

I don’t use a proxy and I’m not out of the country. I just signed up for an account and activated it. The quality is ok and it’s better than the free streams while you’re on the 45 day free trial. I can’t comment on the quality after the free trial since I’m still on it myself.

202. 202 A_T_G said at 12:17 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Nice. Thanks. I might just give it a try.

203. 203 GermanEagle said at 7:59 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Aren’t there any sports bars in FL?

When I studied in Lubbock, TX, I still ended up watching every Eagles game live.

204. 204 D3FB said at 7:42 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Why in the name of fuck would you go to tech? I mean I love Mike Leach as much as the next guy but jesus.

205. 205 GermanEagle said at 2:29 PM on September 12th, 2016:

Because TTU was the partner university of my college in Munich and after receiving a scholarship I was happy to go there.

206. 206 D3FB said at 7:58 AM on September 13th, 2016:

My schools partnership with Uni Bremen looks alot sweeter in comparison.

207. 207 GermanEagle said at 12:34 PM on September 13th, 2016:

So did you go?

208. 208 D3FB said at 12:51 PM on September 13th, 2016:

It was fall or full year, so I couldn’t because of football. As much as the behavior economics courses (granted despite 3 semesters my deutsch is shit so taking 300 levels in it would have been a fucking nightmare) would have been fun and my friends who went had a blast, it wasn’t to be.

209. 209 Ssakcis said at 8:39 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Friend get yourself a nice cheap android box with best sports addons installed. All u need and can watch on your big screen instead of computer/tablet

210. 210 HawaiianEagle said at 8:38 PM on September 10th, 2016:

My daughter attends U of Utah. Watching their BYU game. Ty Detmer is O Coord for BYU… Brings back boring memories.

211. 211 Rambler said at 8:49 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Nice. I go there for work a lot, love that campus. Might have to go to a game this year there, looks like a fun stadium.

212. 212 A_T_G said at 8:53 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Well stay away from his daughter!

213. 213 Rambler said at 10:20 PM on September 10th, 2016:

I am 43, coeds on campus pretty much stay away from me.

214. 214 Jarock said at 10:27 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Just turned on the BYU vs. Utah game. You cannot play defense anymore in college football. Back to back targeting calls on what we once just considered good defense.
    In both cases, Mike Periera, one of the most respected former refs, disputed it being ruled as targeting. Letter of the law, there was helmet contact. Both plays, the defensive player was trying not to hit the guy up high. Ridiculous.

215. 215 HawaiianEagle said at 10:30 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Real crappy call in Troy vs Clemson. Troy player ejected. Looked like good aggressive hit that JUST caught bottom of face mask. Makes me want to watch food channel…

216. 216 daveH said at 11:13 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Food Ball Channel

217. 217 HawaiianEagle said at 11:14 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Eaten from my foot bowl

218. 218 daveH said at 11:18 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Curly Neal? ? Legend in my house.. didn’t see that before

219. 219 HawaiianEagle said at 11:42 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Nyuk nyuk.. My childhood hero.

220. 220 Jarock said at 10:37 PM on September 10th, 2016:

Najee Goode resigned as predicted. Glad he’s back on the team. Was worried for a bit.

221. 221 Pennguino WWW-Win With Wentz said at 12:01 AM on September 11th, 2016:

Browns have a second year guard that switch to Center this year. Played all 5 position in college and was a first round draft choice last year. Weakness was bull rushers. He is going to need help against Fletch and Logan all game. “A” gap blitzes and Barwin looping is going to flush Bob into Curry and Graham for the sack/pressure. If they try and pull him on sweeps or counters for the run game I think our penetration will be too disruptive. Need to have some discipline for Bob.
    They have two rookie OLB’s starting too. Sproles is going to eat them alive. Plus they haven’t seen the speed and athleticism of a 300 pound center pulling and cleaning their clocks. They have seen Bob running all preseason so I don’t think Carson is going to have a big game on the ground. Their CB’s are listed at 5’11” so there won’t be a huge mismatch for DGB.