Answering Your Questions

Posted: May 5th, 2017 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 99 Comments »

I’ve gotten quite a few questions recently so let me share some answers.

Douglas played in a system at West Virginia that had him playing off and then reacting to the ball most of the time. They did mix in some press, but it wasn’t a huge part of their scheme. At the Senior Bowl, Douglas showed the ability to play up on receivers and be very physical with them. He was then able to turn and run as they released down the field.

I think he can play in any scheme. He’s most dangerous when he can face the ball and go attack it. That’s zone. And the Eagles do play a mixture of man and zone. The Eagles will ask Douglas to use his size/length to be disruptive with receivers and keep them from getting a clean release. They will also have him play off at times because they want INTs and Douglas has great instincts and ball skills. You need to give him chances to go get the ball.

5-11, 201
40 – 4.47
VJ – 38 inches
3-cone – 6.70
BP – 22 reps

That really is a great Combine showing. Gratz started 25 games for the Jaguars before they let him go. He didn’t play much last year for the Rams. I have yet to go back and study his tape. I don’t know what has worked and what hasn’t. Now that the draft is over I do have the time to check him out.

The fact he is so athletic and has some experience means he has a chance to compete for a job and win it. The Eagles will give him a clean slate and clearly CB is wide open right now. Whoever wants a job just has to go win it. All that said, I wouldn’t count on Gratz doing much. He doesn’t have a great track record and seems to be declining. He is getting a fresh start in Philly and maybe that will bring out the best in him.

I think the Eagles have done a good job of creating competition. The roster isn’t filled with household names, but that’s doesn’t mean a thing. Last year the Eagles brought in a trio of veteran receivers to compete for a job. All 3 struggled (makes you wonder if Greg Lewis had some blame in that). None of them emerged. UDFA Paul Turner played his ass off and won a spot. The big names and former high draft picks were useless.

Reputations don’t mean much, if anything, in a roster battle. You want guys that have some talent and who will really compete. The Eagles are stocking the roster this year with players who will battle. You think Steven Means is just going to let the Eagles cut him without a fight? I think CB Aaron Grymes will do everything he can to earn a roster spot. There is a ton of competition on the OL. There will be some good roster battles.

This really is a good question. Gibson didn’t run as fast in Indy as expected. He was a 4.50 guy. He ran 4.42 at his Pro Day. Put on the game tape and he looks like a 4.38 type guy. He runs by CBs who do play off. Just flies by them.

I think the fact he caught so few passes hurt him. Gibson played a full season and caught 43 passes. He was the #1 offensive player for WV. They didn’t have good QB play and that hurt his numbers. He’s not a very polished receiver. He can do more than just go deep, but that’s his specialty right now and he’s got a lot of learning to do.

I think the Eagles got a major steal. I’ll be writing a full post on him.

99 Comments on “Answering Your Questions”

1. 1 scratcherk said at 8:44 AM on May 5th, 2017:

I completely missed the Dwayne gratz signing..

2. 2 D3FB said at 9:15 AM on May 5th, 2017:

Happened at the end of last season during the miserable run of L’s.

Gratz and Jenkins grew up across the street from each other.

3. 3 Rellihcs said at 11:29 AM on May 5th, 2017:

Wow.

4. 4 Rellihcs said at 11:32 AM on May 5th, 2017:

Ha, feel like there are A LOT of position battles this year for camp. Probably more than ever!

4th/5th WR spot
    OL interior backups and really the LG starting spot too
    RB pecking order and 4th RB?

Starting RDE
    DE’s 3-5 or 6 spots
    DTs 3-4 or 5 spots
    WLB, backup LB spots
    Backups at S
    3-5or 6 CB spots too.

5. 5 xmbk said at 11:51 AM on May 5th, 2017:

I think 2-5 are all at stake for WR. Probably DE 2-up.

6. 6 Rellihcs said at 11:55 AM on May 5th, 2017:

I hear you. I think the doubt on Smith is silly – but that’s just my take. Of course if he ends up being disappointing on the field in camp, his status or even his roster spot could change big time.

But even Flacco was lobbying to get him back to the Ravens.

I hardly think that playing for the 49ers for the past few years gives you a fair evaluation of where the WR really stands at this point in terms of skill/talent/speed etc…

But yeah, good point about DE 2-up because really it will be a battle between Long, Barnett, Curry, and Smith to see how that all shakes down.

7. 7 xmbk said at 12:00 PM on May 5th, 2017:

I like Torrey Smith. But given age and contract factors, only Alshon is a lock, imo. Both rookies have a similar game to Smith. But he clearly has the edge.

8. 8 A Roy said at 4:26 PM on May 5th, 2017:

I would agree for camp and into the season. If he’s lost a step, he may get passed several weeks in or at the bye.

9. 9 Tumtum said at 1:32 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Who is the guy that is going to pass him?

10. 10 A Roy said at 11:02 PM on May 6th, 2017:

One of the new kids.

11. 11 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:56 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Has he had serious injury issues for so many people to have questions about whether a 28 year old burner has lost a step? What am I missing for this level of concern to be attached to his name?

12. 12 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:23 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Isn’t Torrey like 28 years old? It’s like going to San fran for two years has aged him a decade in the minds of fans

13. 13 xmbk said at 5:06 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Yes, which means he’ll have to be significantly better than either rook. Quite possible, though by the end of the season it could be interesting.

14. 14 Tumtum said at 1:31 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Depends on the doubt for Smith. Doubt that he can be better than any WR on the roster last season? I don’t get that either. Save JM I think that would be a really safe bet.

Doubt that he makes the pro bowl? Ok, I’m with you there.

15. 15 Rellihcs said at 2:58 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Yeah, that first one.

16. 16 Corry said at 12:23 PM on May 5th, 2017:

I think starting center could be up for grabs too. Kelce wasn’t so amazingly awesome there last year that he should be penciled in to start.

17. 17 Sean Stott said at 2:26 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Pencil him in, just not ink.

18. 18 mtn_green said at 2:15 PM on May 5th, 2017:

This about summarizes every eagles article until preseason.

19. 19 A_T_G said at 8:50 PM on May 5th, 2017:

It’s funny because it is true…and because I will read them anyway.

20. 20 Media Mike said at 7:25 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Those are all good spots for looking at the depth chart.

21. 21 Sean Stott said at 12:33 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Can Means and Marcus Smith both make the roster?

22. 22 TXEaglesFan said at 12:40 PM on May 5th, 2017:

No, barring injuries or Chris Long not panning out. It will be Graham, Curry, Barnett, Long and then 1of 3 Means, Smith, McCallister.

23. 23 Fufina said at 2:27 PM on May 5th, 2017:

I think Smith makes the roster. He was actually solid when on the field last year and he is good on special teams now. Know there is a lot of residual hate for the guy but he is a solid no 4/5 DE and you need them in a scheme that calls for waves of DL to play every game day.

24. 24 Sean Stott said at 2:28 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Interesting. Wonder if McCallister fits in somewhere. They probably won’t be able to stash him again like they did last year.

25. 25 Sb2bowl said at 3:22 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Gotta have 5 solid DE’s, and that #5 guy better play special teams. Both Smith and Means do.

Perhaps we go with 4 DL and 6 DE’s? Curry can line up inside on rush downs, and Long can play all over the line (including some stand up).

26. 26 Media Mike said at 7:24 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Does DE5 get activated most weeks?

27. 27 Sb2bowl said at 9:08 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Think it depends on the opposition- last year we had curry, Barwin, graham, smith and occasionally means active.
    Also, have to see how things play out for depth battles/injuries.

28. 28 Tumtum said at 1:35 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I think you would hope not…but with injuries and lack of production it could be an every week thing.

29. 29 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:20 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Marcus has Actually shown to have become a quality consistent ST conteibutor in regular season games unlike Means who was inactive more times than not. So I don’t think it’s fair to Marcus to say That he hasnt worked his way into a clear ST advantage when it comes to MS2 vs Means and McCalister. Now if Means proves to be significantly more valuable on defense than ST won’t save MS2. But the kid worked to become a solid contributor on one of the top rated ST units, and I think he has earned the clear advantage over Means more theoretical(less proven) special Teams ability

30. 30 xmbk said at 5:32 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Also costs about 1 mill more than Means.

31. 31 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:15 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I don’t think Means provides the level of Special team play that Marcus has grown into, even tho he hasn’t gotten much credit for it. For me, an extra million is worth a guy who also can be a key ST conteibutor if Defensive ability is equal of course

32. 32 xmbk said at 5:07 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I agree, if Smith is smart enough to develop himself into a ST hoss, he could stick.

33. 33 Media Mike said at 7:23 PM on May 5th, 2017:

My concern is if he’s going to be active as the DE5 or do they consider DE5 a weekly inactive?

34. 34 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:13 PM on May 6th, 2017:

He has become a good enough special teams contributor to where I assume he would be active as a 5th DE, especially since we will also slide some DEs inside on obvious passing downs..
    Marcus ST ability, and the ST ability of guys like Mack and Shelton makes me think there is a good chance we see the Eagles keep 5 DE’s, and 6 WRs

35. 35 Tumtum said at 1:34 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Solid in that he didn’t fall over and let them score a touchdown every play he was in. He didn’t really provide much else did he?

36. 36 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:11 PM on May 6th, 2017:

If he can just show a similar growth rate again to what he showed last year that should be enough improvement to make him a solid contributor this year. It was especially encouraging to see that he finally added the much needed strength that was keeping him from being able to be trusted against the run. Now that he proved capable of setting the edge, he should be free to take his pass rush to the next level, and he always had legit potential in that area.
    Survivor Of the fittest at DE this summer, hopefully Marcus responds to the competition. He should respect Means and McCalister as legit threats to his livelyhood. We’ll see….

37. 37 Media Mike said at 7:23 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Graham, Long, Barnett, Thief Curry, and……………….

Not sure if they go 5 or 6 DEs and/or 4 or 5 DTs.

Looking bad for either one or both possibly considering the team specifically mentioned McAlister.

38. 38 Sean Stott said at 9:29 PM on May 5th, 2017:

I like “Thief Curry” until he can reprove himself. Dude is straight stealing.

39. 39 Media Mike said at 9:31 PM on May 5th, 2017:

He best get it figured out this year or he’ll be elsewhere in 2018.

40. 40 daveH said at 8:53 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Long Hicks Means Cox.

41. 41 P_P_K said at 10:24 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Long Cox or Peters Smallwood?

42. 42 daveH said at 12:17 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Goode Long Cox Means Smallwood Johnson and Peters

43. 43 P_P_K said at 9:20 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Hilarious, though I think we might be spending too much time on this.

44. 44 D3FB said at 6:37 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Unlikely. They’ll probably only carry 5 unless someone is dinged up. Even then they would probably just keep one of Smith/Means and PS McCallister

45. 45 A_T_G said at 12:48 PM on May 5th, 2017:

It seems we are not TOO worried about a BigBack®…

Released:
    “RB Terrell Watson: At 6’1, 240, Watson was thought of by some as a guy who could compete for a job with the team this year, seeing as the Eagles do not have a bigger back who can reliably pound the rock in short yardage situations, assuming Ryan Mathews is eventually released. Apparently not.”

46. 46 BobSmith77 said at 12:22 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Don’t need a ‘BigBack’ but they need desperately need another RB.

47. 47 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:05 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Short term, I think what we need most of all is a RB other than Sproles who we can actually trust in pass protection. I worry about that so much more than I worry about the size or certain style of runner that we lack

As of right now. Unless smallwood makes some significant improvement this summer. Sproles is literally the only RB I can even think about trusting in pass protection. That’s a Freightening statement to make as an eagle fan. Hopefully they either keep Ryan Mathews, acquire someone with that established skill or smallwood improves enough to consistently stone wall blitzing LB and Safeties come september. Technically we could even hand it off to Trey Burton in short yardage if we needed it, but who the hell can we trust to pick up the blitz and not get Wentz slaughtered? This might be my biggest fear with how this roster is currently constructed
    .l
    I think our OL and current stable of backs will be just fine when it comes to rushiñg and catching, but teams are gonna try to green dog the shit out of us all day until someone other than sproles shows he can pick up the blitz

48. 48 Dave said at 6:19 PM on May 5th, 2017:

49. 49 Media Mike said at 7:21 PM on May 5th, 2017:

West Ham 1 Chickens 0

50. 50 daveH said at 8:52 PM on May 5th, 2017:

It mustve been a 4 goal spread, minimum. You took US with a bookie right ???

51. 51 Insomniac said at 9:23 PM on May 5th, 2017:

Douglas could be a lesser version of Sean Smith if he pans out for us. That’s not bad for someone that was almost a 4th round pick.

52. 52 xmbk said at 8:27 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Could also be a better version. Definitely has better ball hawk potential.

53. 53 Rellihcs said at 11:12 AM on May 6th, 2017:

Just did a sort of random thought exercise –

Step 1: Re-watch Wendell Smallwood college highlights/other tape if you got it.

Step 2: Where would you place him if he were in THIS years draft as opposed to last. And how would you view this year’s draft haul if we added him in the 5th round.

Totally cheating/rando/bee ess… but in terms of reframing the mental attitude towards the RB crop, for me it helps.

I’d still probably have in the 4th or 5th round. I’d say he’s behind Perine, Conner, Hunt… But maybe that’s too high?

Thoughts?

54. 54 Fufina said at 1:14 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I like Smallwood and think he and Pumphrey are seriously underrated by some fans as running backs. If Lane keeps clean and we can get 1 more year out of Peters then i think our running attack should be plenty good enough next year to keep the offence functioning nicely.

55. 55 meteorologist said at 8:56 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Jamall Williams
    Joe Williams

6th or 7th round

57. 57 Rellihcs said at 8:18 AM on May 7th, 2017:

Harsh, but i get it

58. 58 BobSmith77 said at 12:21 PM on May 6th, 2017:

No surprise the Eagles view Gerry as a LB but it seems like it is a ‘square peg in a round hole’ moving him to LB.

Schwartz mentioned Bucannon (Cards) and Barron (Rams) on two other safeties who made the move to LB successfully from S too. Just a really bogus comparison on comparing Gerry though to those 2 players who each are much more impressive physical players and were both 1st round draft picks.

59. 59 Rellihcs said at 12:42 PM on May 6th, 2017:

If the skillset matches, how is it a mismatched peg/hole?

Other than the size, it seems more like he’d be a square peg/round hole for projecting to S in the NFL.

60. 60 BobSmith77 said at 12:48 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Strikes me as an undersized LB who is going to struggle in a 4-3 outside role but my bigger issue was with Schwartz’s mentions of those other 2 players.

61. 61 Dave said at 12:51 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Schwartz has made it very clear he will disregard a player’s skill set if he doesn’t like their personality, a la Eric Rowe.

62. 62 unhinged said at 1:50 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I was sorry that he didn’t hold onto Rowe for at least another season, but I think your charge against Schwartz is more inference than fact. ER didn’t look to be giving his all to the new regime, and Schwartz didn’t want to reward pedigree over effort. At least that is how I saw it.

63. 63 Gian GEAGLE said at 1:55 PM on May 6th, 2017:

That’s fair…. I don’t recall any playërs being so shocked that a kid who was lighting up training camp got traded away. Sometimes new regimes have to come in and make examples of people. Plenty of examples of this early in the andy Regime. He started here as an authoritative hardass who made sure the franchise understood who’s team it was and what would be acceptable and unacceptable. Hopefully it’s a lesson that didn’t cost us a future pro bowl CB that Bellichick rubs our noses in. But I don’t think Rowe has shown enough yet to where trading him becomes an egregious decision. It could happen, but we aren’t there yet.

64. 64 Dave said at 2:44 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I’m inferring nothing as Adam Caplan has repeated stated on radio and on Twitter that Schwartz did not like Rowe’s laid-back personality.

65. 65 Rellihcs said at 12:53 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Undersized is one thing. Misplaced is a different one. To me, the skillset and temperament are fits.

66. 66 unhinged said at 1:45 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Darnell Pumphrey

67. 67 Tumtum said at 4:28 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Im more concerned that they are going to replace Kendricks with a vastly inferior younger version.

68. 68 Dave said at 12:50 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Kendricks is being overpaid at $7M per year. But he isn’t remotely as bad as people here like to rant about. He is a good LB with some great traits that makes mental mistakes.

You’re kidding yourself if you think a 5th round safety can be a better linebacker than Kendricks.

69. 69 xmbk said at 12:51 PM on May 6th, 2017:

My sense, watching Kendricks through several DC changes, is that he’s unreliable. Coaches can’t stand players they can’t count on.

70. 70 BobSmith77 said at 12:54 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Yup. Just look at Mills. Schwartz continued to praise him despite him getting beat time and time again late in the season.

Sadly I think you’ll see Mills as one of the starting outside CBs in Week 1 and that Schwartz will only change after he gets lite up & abused.

71. 71 xmbk said at 1:03 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Schwartz clearly wants aggressive corners. I doubt Mills was the prototype, but the coach did a good job of making his positional expectations clear. 😉

72. 72 Tumtum said at 4:33 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Sad yes, but more because he will actually be one of the best cbs, not because he will be just handed the job.

73. 73 Tumtum said at 4:32 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Very frustrating. However, last year he seemed to be pretty steady eddie. If that continues he could(as we have seen) be quitr good with more pt.

74. 74 Gian GEAGLE said at 1:46 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Truthfully Kendrick is capable of being a lot better than he has shown. But that doesn’t help much if he continues to play at an underwhelming level. Lack of as many snaps as he would like is no excuse for underwhelming play this late into his career while making good money
    It wouldn’t be so damn frustrating if we didn’t know that he was capable of better than he is providing. We are talking about a kid who has the tools to be solid in coverage but completely gets roasted because of mental mistakes or really basic breakdowns in fundamentals/technique like when he messes up something as basic as a flat foot read in coverage while getting torched by a RB
    If he actually got his shit together in coverage he would be very valuable because teams wouldn’t know if he was blitzing which he is very good at, or dropping into coverage. Can’t do anything with him on passing downs except Blitz until he gets his confidence back and his technique Right in coverage. QBs will capitalize if they knows we have to blitz him every time he is on the field
    We are getting too far into his career to keep talking about his tools and potential. If he gets another year in Philly he should have to really perform or this has to be his last year here

75. 75 xmbk said at 6:12 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Of course he can be better. Odds are against it, but it’s certainly not impossible for him to outperform Kendricks. Potential doesn’t win any games.

76. 76 Dave said at 6:51 PM on May 6th, 2017:

77. 77 xmbk said at 12:50 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Finding hybrids who can handle nickel duties and still combat the run is a trend. Seems like we’re a little behind the curve rather than ahead, but it’s better than getting left at the station.

78. 78 Gian GEAGLE said at 2:32 PM on May 6th, 2017:

If he becomes the next Maragos on ST, he can kick his feet up while we are on D for all I care

79. 79 Tumtum said at 4:27 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Wonder if schwartz wishes he was more of a Rowe fan. Kendricks seemed to earn more playing time than he received last season. Really hope JS isnt as obstinate as he seems.

80. 80 meteorologist said at 8:54 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Rowe wasn’t good enough to stop the Patriots from signing Gilmore or give him enough reps to prompt the conditional pick upgrade

81. 81 Tumtum said at 10:05 AM on May 7th, 2017:

You wouldn’t like to see him on this depth chart?

82. 82 meteorologist said at 1:03 PM on May 7th, 2017:

Of course, but we have moved on. If he didn’t fit in, it’s not the end of the world. It’s not like the desean situation again

83. 83 Gian GEAGLE said at 1:32 PM on May 6th, 2017:

“I have sent some WRs to the pros, but Shelton is the best at tracking the ball I have ever.seen”-WV coach

Doesn’t take long to notice this for yourself when you watch a two minute highlight of him. It’s common to see him track the ball so well that he converted down field against multiple WR.
    With Jordan Mathews on a contract year im glad we will get to see what he looks like working underneath when guys like Torrey, shelton and Mack are taking the top off The defense attacking deep, And a WR like Alshon commanding defensive attention. Same goes for Ertz, he is going to get more room to operate with our new weapons and he needs to step up and show that he can take advantage and really make Defenses pay

I don’t have much faith in Nelson but the spotlight being off him should show him some good. Clearly jordan and Nelson Werent ready to carry a passing game early in their NFL transition. I feel like it’s partly the Eagles to blame for putting them in a position earlier than they were ready to handle it. That doesn’t neccessarily prove they are busts

84. 84 Tumtum said at 4:22 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Really do see JM popping off this season.

85. 85 P_P_K said at 6:00 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I hope you’re right, but I said the same thing the past two seasons.

86. 86 Tumtum said at 7:50 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Same. Though if we get the production we expect from Smith and Alshon, if he turns out the typical 800-1000…it could actually be considered a really good year.

87. 87 P_P_K said at 9:04 PM on May 6th, 2017:

If we get production from Smith and Alshon — please, football gods, please — I don’t think there’s going to be a lot of passes going to JM. I think Ertz is someone who could fit the new scheme and who have a big year.
    Having said that, JM seems like a good guy so I hope he does have a productive season and makes it worth the Eagles keeping him for another contract.

88. 88 Tumtum said at 10:04 AM on May 7th, 2017:

I just want to see good football! No dropped screens. No balls doinking off face masks. No losing games by not lining correctly.

Whoever has to produce for that to happen…I endorse.

89. 89 P_P_K said at 11:17 AM on May 7th, 2017:

I’m with you, and I’ll bet Carson is, too.

90. 90 mtn_green said at 4:25 PM on May 7th, 2017:

This makes me worried about Dougie.

91. 91 Tumtum said at 4:21 PM on May 6th, 2017:

So can we afford to keep Ryan Matthews? I kinda want to..even though he kinda lost us two games.

92. 92 kajomo said at 4:47 PM on May 6th, 2017:

At this point I think he’s worth bringing to camp. We are already weak at RB. What if Sproles or Smallwood gets hurt? If after camp we are comfortable with our other backs you can cut him.

93. 93 A Roy said at 6:12 PM on May 6th, 2017:

Not @ $4M.

94. 94 kajomo said at 6:58 PM on May 6th, 2017:

How does bringing him into camp change anything? His salary isn’t guaranteed until week 1. If you decide you don’t want to pay him he doesn’t make the 53. If we hit a rash if injuries he is far better than anything that will be available on the market.

95. 95 A Roy said at 8:53 PM on May 6th, 2017:

They have to get rid of salary to be able to sign the draft picks. Total cost is around $7M…less the $3M to bump 7 salaries (#44-51) Gotta shed $3-4M somewhere. Maybe Kendricks, maybe Kelce, most likely Matthews AND one of them.

96. 96 xmbk said at 5:09 PM on May 6th, 2017:

At this point, he is who he is. 😉 Cheaper options will become available, esp with all the rb drafted high this year.

97. 97 Tumtum said at 7:45 PM on May 6th, 2017:

I haven’t looked at the available or expected to be available options. I just know that he runs pretty hard and looks pretty decent, and I don’t want pumphrey to have to grind out the last 3 quarters in our stomps of giant dal and wash this year.

98. 98 FairOaks said at 7:46 PM on May 6th, 2017:

We are going to have to cut some salary cap I think to sign the rookies. So… while it may not have to come from Mathews, it will need to come from somewhere. (It’s possible the Eagles have more cap space than is generally reported, I guess.)

99. 99 Rellihcs said at 1:39 PM on May 7th, 2017:

We can afford a lot of people that reportedly will not be able (physically) to play professional football next year. It seems that you’ve missed the reports that the only reason he isn’t gone already is that he’s so injured, we have to get him healthy enough to cut him.

He had a major neck injury and isn’t expected to play NFL football next year, for any team. So the $ is 100% irrelevant.