Final Roster Prediction

Posted: September 2nd, 2017 | Author: | Filed under: Philadelphia Eagles | 81 Comments »

Who will make the 53-man roster?

Here is my prediction.

OFFENSE – 25

QB – 2 – Carson Wentz, Nick Foles

RB – 5 – LeGarrette Blount, Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood, Donnel Pumphrey, Corey Clement

WR – 5 – Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, Marcus Johnson

TE – 4 – Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Trey Burton, Billy Brown

OT – 4 – Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Dillon Gordon

G/C – 5 – Jason Kelce, Isaac Seumalo, Brandon Brooks, Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack

DEFENSE – 25

DE – 5 – Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry, Derek Barnett, Chris Long, Steven Means

DT – 5 – Fletcher Cox, Tim Jernigan, Beau Allen, Destiny Vaeao, Elijah Qualls

LB – 6 – Jordan Hicks, Nigel Bradham, Mychal Kendricks, Najee Goode, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Nate Gerry

S – 4 – Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Corey Graham, Chris Maragos

CB – 5 – Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, Patrick Robinson, Rasul Douglas, Dexter McDougle

STs – 3

OL Aaron Neary
OL Darrell Greene
LB Joe Walker
CB C.J. Smith

QB to be determined
S to be determined

That isn’t my ideal scenario, but rather what I think the Eagles will do.

I would prefer they go with OG Dallas Thomas over Warmack, but Doug Pederson loves physical maulers and Jeff Stoutland is close with Warmack. My guess is they keep him. I prefer Thomas because of his footwork and athleticism. He’s vastly superior to Warmack in those areas. I would also be open to cutting both of them for the right player. The Vikings cut T.J. Clemmings, who I loved at Pitt. He struggled as an OT in Minneapolis. I’d be interested in him as an OG here. His tape isn’t pretty, but played tough position on poor OL. New spot and new scenery might do him a world of good.

I’m not a big fan of keeping Clement. Solid young RB, but not compelling in any way. He would be perfect for the PS. I would prefer to find a RB cut by some other team and add that player. I’m sure someone will be available that I like more than Clement.

Cutting Bryce Treggs would be hard for me. The Eagles can put Sproles in at WR. Ertz and Burton can play WR. That’s why I think they’ll go light at WR. I think Treggs has had a good summer and would hate to cut him, but there is a numbers crunch.

Justin Hamilton is another player I would hate to cut. He stood out in every preseason game. He is talented and fits the scheme. Hamilton hasn’t done anything in his NFL career, but he played his butt off this summer. Tough cut.

Walker is a guy that I’d love to see the team keep, but he’s still a project right now. The Eagles drafted him because of his athletic ability and he’s down a bit in that area while coming back from the ACL injury. He played pretty well against the Jets, but still isn’t all the way back. Nate Gerry has a hamstring injury right now. If that somehow got him on IR, I would keep Walker.

Speaking of which…I’m sure there are several guys the Eagles would love to put on IR. Pumphrey would be front and center. I just don’t know if they can do it with him. Usually one or two players has some nagging issue that requires surgery and they go to IR. Billy Brown would be another ideal target for this.

Misc note of the night…Taylor Hart played his best game vs the Jets. His footwork was pretty darn good. He has legit OT potential. I don’t think he’s good enough for the Eagles to keep him, but some team might take a chance. If he was younger, Hart would be a player I’d really want to keep.

If the Eagles do look for outside help, I think it would be at backup MLB. I’m guessing Walker doesn’t make the team. I don’t think Goode fits inside. If the Eagles could find the right veteran, they might be willing to give him a shot. That could cost Goode his job if the team likes the young OLBs enough.

I do think RB is another spot where they should keep their eyes open.

Tre Sullivan flashed this summer, but the team may want someone who is less of a project as the S on the PS. Without watching All-22 tape, it was hard to get a feel for how well Sullivan covered.

The Eagles need a young QB to add to the mix. I’d move on from Dane Evans.

Any crazy trades or shocking moves?

Nothing else stands out to me.

81 Comments on “Final Roster Prediction”

1. 1 daveH said at 1:25 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

RB Marshall gets picked up immediately

2. 2 Greg Tulino said at 1:25 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Looking forward to tomorrow. I took a shot at the 53 man roster:

Quarterback (2): Carson Wentz, Nick Foles

RB (4)LeGarrette Blount, Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood plus 1 more we add via trade or gets released elsewhere. Maybe matt Forte? ( DP gets stashed on IR, Clement to PS)

Wide receiver (6): Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins, Marcus Johnson,Bryce Treggs

Tight end (4): Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Trey Burton, Billy Brown

Offensive line (9): Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Stefen Wisniewski, Dillon Gordon, Dallas Thomas

Defensive line (10): Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett, Vinny Curry, Chris Long, Steven Means, Beau Allen, Destiny Vaeao, Elijah Qualls

Linebacker (6): Jordan Hicks, Nigel Bradham, Mychal Kendricks, Najee Goode, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Joe Walker

Cornerback (4): Ronald Darby, Jalen Mills, Patrick Robinson, Rasul Douglas ( Grymes and CJ Smith to Practice Squad) Mcdougal gets cut.

Safety (5): Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Corey Graham, Jaylen Watkins, Chris Maragos

Specialists (3): Caleb Sturgis, Donnie Jones, Rick Lovato

3. 3 Ray888 said at 2:10 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

+ Hart, Thomas, Watkins, Treggs, Marshall, Johnson
    – Womack, Walker, Clement, Jones
    IR McCalister, Gerry

4. 4 Insomniac said at 2:59 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I don’t think we’re going to keep Clements. I can see him being a practice squad candidate but even then he’s really just a guy. As much as I think that Pumphrey hasn’t earned a spot on the roster, it’s still pretty early to give up on him.

2 QB – Wentz, Foles, (insert QB)
    4 RB – Blount, Sproles, Smallwood, Pumphrey
    FB – Allen, Gordon
    5 WR – Alshon, Smith, Agholor, Hollins, Treggs
    4 TE – Celek, Ertz, Burton, Brown
    4 OT – Peters, Johnson, Vaitai, Gordon
    4 OG – Seumalo, Brooks, Warmack, Thomas
    1 C – Kelce

Call me crazy but I don’t think we’re going to keep Wisniewski. His role of being a versatile OG/C can be replaced by Seumalo. Yea I know that Warmack or Thomas at LG might not be ideal but Wisniewski hasn’t shown anything that sets him apart from Warmack (power) and Thomas (technique/starter experience).

But Marcus Johnson!! I haven’t seen the practices but from the Jets game, Johnson didn’t really impress. I’m tired of hearing of the practice superstars, the game performance matters so much more (see Matthews, Jordan).

5 DT – Cox, Jernigan, Allen, Qualls, Vaeo
    5 DE – Graham, Curry, Barnett, Long, Means
    5 LB – Hicks, Kendricks, Bradham, Walker, Grugier-Hill
    6 CB – Darby, Mills, Robinson, Douglas, Watkins, McDougle
    4 S – Jenkins, McLeod, Graham, Maragos

1 K – Sturgis
    1 P – Jones
    KR/PR – ?????

Gerry hasn’t done enough to get snatched away (I think). Quite possible that we IR stash him.

Is Justin Hamilton PS eligible? Would love to keep and develop him since he has had at least one good play in every preseason game.

We’re keeping Watkins. He had a good preseason and he knows the scheme. He could play S if needed but really we should just keep him as a CB.

So that’s 51/53, I’m sure Howie and Joe Douglas are waiting to see what fresh bodies are going to drop into the waiver pile.

5. 5 FairOaks said at 9:27 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Wisniewski’s salary is guaranteed this year, and one million guaranteed next year. It would be a $1 million cap hit this year to cut him (I think future guaranteed money gets accelerated to this years cap when cut), and additionally another 1 million dead cap next year (signing bonus left to be accounted for). I think he’s a lock to make the team.

On Johnson… the problem may be that he had a rapport with Wentz, but evaluating WRs with McGloin throwing to them in the games isn’t going to be a good read either. Understand that games matters more than practice, but it’s hard to evaluate receivers with horrific QB play. Though Treggs seemed to do better with a similar situation.

Hamilton spent parts of 2015 and 2016 on practice squads. I think you need six games to count as a practice squad season, and I think he did that both years. He was yo-yo’d a lot in 2015 but he probably had enough. That would mean he has one season of eligibility left.

6. 6 mheil said at 4:34 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I doubt the Eagles agree, but i like Marshall as the 4th RB, if they can’t claim anyone better on waivers, Treggs over Johnson if they only keep 5 WRs, Treggs and Gibson if they keep 6. Johnson hasn’t shown anything in the games. I would keep 11 DL including Hamilton and IR McAlister because of his hamstring, put Gerry on the PS if he clears waivers. Hart outplayed Gordon in the Jets game. is it possible they keep him instead of Warmack or Thomas?

7. 7 Dominik said at 5:02 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I’d give Clements spot to Treggs. Clement is a dime and dozen, he won’t get poached. Remember, he’d have to go to a 53. Of course, he can sign to another PS, but that would be stupid. Blount and Sproles are old. He has a shot here next year. Knows the coaches, team, facilities etc. I think he won’t go to a 53, therefore ideal PS candidate.

I hope they IR Pumphrey. I like to be patient, but that wasn’t nearly enough in Preseason. And like you pointed out, T-Law, you don’t see the burst a tiny back like him needs to have. I think it’s a wasted pick, but let’s see next year. Don’t forget the amount of touches he had. It was in College, but still. Maybe he’s better with one year rest.

Ideally, they pick a RB off waivers or player-for-player trade.

Otherwise, I’d take your roster, Tommy. No Watkins is big for me. Guy can’t play at the NFL level and won’t learn it in his age-26 season. Would be a totally wasted roster spot. Such a soft player.

I would like them to keep Joe Walker. Maybe trade Kendricks, let Grugier-Hill or Goode go or IR Gerry. I like his skillset and I think he played pretty well for an unexperienced player one year from a brutal injury removed. Also, with his athletism, he should be good on STs, which is a must for a back-up LB.

8. 8 Guy Media said at 6:07 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

“The Eagles could try to trade Curry. His contract isn’t good, but pass rushers are at a premium so you never know what a desperate coach or GM might do.”

That would be great!

9. 9 Guy Media said at 6:10 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Really odd that we don’t have any guys who really killed it in the preseason games that we’ll all be disappointed if they get cut.

I don’t want Nate Gerry or Jaylin Watkins on this team, but the guys they’ll undeservedly displace off of the roster aren’t people who did anything epic on the field in our 4 games.

10. 10 RC5000 said at 7:05 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Means and Qualls came close to killing it…Walker made a lot of plays too. He needs time and reps. He has potential to be a coverage LB and run stopper which is hard to find.

They can put Bradham in the middle and Kendricks at SAM if they don’t think Walker is ready.

11. 11 Guy Media said at 7:08 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I think you’re correct on all 3 guys playing really well this pre-season, but I’m not sure any had epic game takeover type performances.

And I hope all 3 are on the team. Means is a lock, but we’ll see about the other 2.

12. 12 RC5000 said at 7:20 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Not sure what you want a guy to do then…

Means nearly made the team last week, but there was no denying him this time after his play against the Bills. On 32 pass-rush snaps, he tallied two sacks, two hits, three hurries and a batted pass. Through two preseason games he’s amassed three sacks, 10 total pressures and two batted passes. Means finished Week 2 with the highest overall grade of any player at 92.0 overall.

Qualls was pretty dominant for a DT this week.

They were against backups a lot but I had the impression you were talking about roster bubble type guys since you said “…we’ll all be disappointed if they get cut.”

13. 13 Guy Media said at 8:09 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

You must be fun at holidays and special events. THANKS FOR THIS PRESENT BUT YOU DIDN’T SPEND ENOUGH ON ME!!!!!!

I’m in agreement with you on all 3 guys deserving roster spots.

14. 14 RC5000 said at 8:59 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

That’s funny since I thought you were the one being Debbie Downer lol. I’m sorry if I offended you.

15. 15 SteveH said at 6:28 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I have the same final 53 except no Billy Brown, add Treggs, and possibly Mccallister over Clement or Pump (Pump if IR, Clement if he just doesn’t make the team).

16. 16 Guy Media said at 6:52 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

One of the things that’s interesting about guys 47 through 53 on the roster is how the team might view them as guys who might have to play this year vs. guys who might get better and they don’t want to lose.

I wonder how they see guys like Brown and McAllister.

17. 17 RC5000 said at 7:00 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I think Joe Walker will be in. He has been all over the field and he’s made plays in coverage and against the run. Just think what he’ll be able to do when he gets back to 100%.

Pumphrey should get the ax. He doesn’t have the explosiveness. But Clement probably will get cut and make it to the practice squad. Keeping 5 backs is not ideal because they don’t make an enough of an impact over the next guy. Outside the top backs in the NFL, there just isn’t enough of a difference between the rest of the backs. It will be easy to find a 5th back to stash on the practice squad.

I would prefer they keep Treggs or Gibson over McDougle. Both could easily be picked up by another team and Gibson has a little more upside than McDougle to me. But they could see it differently and I don’t know enough about McDougle.

Watkins could be kept over Maragos who turned 30 this year and has no upside. Watkins could be the backup slot CB and safety. They can stash a CB on the practice squad.

18. 18 Guy Media said at 7:06 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I’d welcome Walker over Gerry for sure.

I don’t see them cutting Maragos as they don’t want to have too much turnover in the special teams units in one year.

19. 19 Dominik said at 7:13 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

They extended Maragos during last season. OK, they also extended Dorenbos, but I think getting something for him, at his age, and having a young LS who they seem to like played a role in that.

If they wanted to cut Maragos, who’s a ST captain afaik, they would have kept T. Brooks, who was signed last year after cutdown because of his ST abilities, imo.

20. 20 RC5000 said at 8:00 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Or does letting go of Brooks means they are comfortable with Watkins?

These are tough calls. As I said it could happen. It’s a close call to me or maybe they keep 5 safeties and Watkins is the 5th CB and 4th safety. Tommy has them keeping only 3 safeties which I have trouble seeing with him having them keep 5 RBs .

Maragos is a STs player only at this point in his career. He didn’t have speed to cover when he was younger so he’s not getting any better there.

21. 21 Dominik said at 8:52 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Or does letting go of Brooks means they are comfortable with Watkins?

It would be a horrible decision, but it could mean just that. We’ll see in a few hours.

Don’t forget, though, that Mills has Safety flexibility, too. Obviously, you don’t want to put your CB #2 at Safety, but it could work in an emergency situation. But there would have to be two injuries. They will play with some 3 Safety looks, if one gets injured, Schwartz will call only 2 Safety looks. And Safeties play close to 100 percent of the snaps. Also, while it would by no mean by a good option, Maragos could play there in an emergency situation. Honestly, he couldn’t be worse than Watkins was last year.

I think they’ll keep 10 DBs. And altough I hate it, Watkins could very well be the 10th DB. They have two Safeties who can play Slot CB in Jenkins and Graham. Which could mean they’ll split 5 Corners and 5 Safeties. Even though I’d prefer 6 CBs if they keep 10 DBs, because again, Watkins sucks. But the Eagles could have another opinion on that matter.

22. 22 RC5000 said at 9:32 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

We’ll see soon! That’s just how I read it. He’s no lock for me that’s for sure. Watkins is the 6th best CB though…Grymes and him are about the same age and Grymes is worse than Watkins right now. There’s just not much upside there. Smith doesn’t look like an NFL corner either. I can’t see it.

I would prefer another safety but you may be right.

23. 23 Dominik said at 10:06 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Grymes has the same age, but Watkins showed again and again in the NFL that he simply isn’t good enough. He lost the Eagles some games last year. Grymes maybe isn’t good enough either, but at least we don’t know that yet.

24. 24 RC5000 said at 10:27 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

To be honest Wiltz intrigues me more than both those guys at slot CB.

25. 25 Fufina said at 8:57 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I don’t see the point of keeping Clement. He is just a solid RB, he has no upside to being a quality starter, he does not have any elite traits. If you keep him on the roster he probably plays at most 50 snaps all year, the Eagles draft a RB next year to take his place and he is cut at the end of training camp.

Aim is not to have the best 53 players on the roster, but rather to have the best 48 guys who will actually play during the year and then the best 5 developmental guys for the long term. Clement does not belong in either group so shouldn’t be on the roster, and i expect Howie and the FO will make that decision.

26. 26 RobNE said at 12:05 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I don’t think he will be there.

27. 27 GermanEagle said at 9:22 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Im pretty positive that Goode won’t be on the initial 53 men roster. But will be after week 1 when his salary won’t be gtd.

28. 28 Fufina said at 10:01 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

true the Eagles love to do that to Goode.

29. 29 P_P_K said at 9:29 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

If the #2 qb can’t throw a football, qb1 best stay healthy.

30. 30 SteveH said at 10:29 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

From what Jimmy’s article indicated, Foles should be good to go, or probably already is good to go, it’s just that rest is the best treatment for his injury and the longer the rest the better the chance at not re-injuring (kind of like a hammy, don’t want to rush it back to risk reaggrevating).

31. 31 RobNE said at 12:04 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I slightly pulled hammy playing softball and re pull it every week at the next game.

32. 32 SteveH said at 12:50 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Same time next week then.

33. 33 Ark87 said at 9:37 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

I’d like to see them trim a player off the RB/TE and add an OL (totally down to take a shot at Clemmings since Tommy is on board). Unless Pumphrey/Clement/Brown are studs in Special teams.

34. 34 daveH said at 11:59 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Marshall is far better than clement. .wonder what I am missing

35. 35 RC5000 said at 9:51 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Is Cameron Johnston a legit dark horse or is Donnie Jones a lock? If they think Johnston is a future Donnie Jones, should they trade or cut him? This is a tough decision.

36. 36 SteveH said at 10:28 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Jones is a lock I think, though if someone offered a 5th for DJ… Could Howie resist?

37. 37 daveH said at 11:58 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Draft picks are over valued. Keeping him for 2 more years is more valuable than a 5th round dice role roster cut

38. 38 A_T_G said at 12:25 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I cannot imagine anyone is giving us a 5th round pick for a punter on roster cut day.

39. 39 RC5000 said at 11:47 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

40. 40 CWCommish said at 10:39 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

“For the love of god if I hear about signing Kaepernick on the radio again then I’m going to furiously eat a banana and swear under my breath or something.”

~~ instant classic

41. 41 Ryan Rambo said at 11:06 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

Bucs waived WR Josh Huff.
    Huff is an asset on special teams, so he should get another look elsewhere. He was jockeying for a position behind Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, Adam Humphries, and Chris Godwin down in Tampa Bay

42. 42 anon said at 11:54 AM on September 2nd, 2017:

So no jail time huh? Would be great to have him back, unfortunately no we role left

43. 43 daveH said at 12:05 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Who put up that heat review of our last 5yrs of draft picks? ?
    That was super insightful in a Billy Ball way. …

44. 44 SteveH said at 12:51 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

No more cuts yet? We’re really down to the wire huh.

45. 45 RC5000 said at 12:57 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Last year I think some cuts came before the wire but a lot came near the 4 PM deadline if I recall correctly. Howie might be trying to wheel and deal too.

46. 46 or____ said at 1:22 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Sort of. I mean, to me down to the wire when the wire is 4 pm, doesn’t really sound right before 2 pm…

47. 47 RC5000 said at 12:54 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I don’t know if the Eagles are willing to cut Blount for Matt Jones but it’s intriguing. Maybe you cut both Pumphrey & Clement but Jones doesn’t wan to be at the bottom of a depth chart though he has no choice.

48. 48 Dave said at 1:07 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I’m not sure what is gong to happen today, but I can tell you that I will be very disappointed if Howie doesn’t make at least 1 trade.

49. 49 Someguy77 said at 1:48 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Agreed. Need a legit backup QB who can come in during Week 1 & 2 if Wentz comes out and keeping 5 RBs is just dumb.

50. 50 unhinged said at 2:07 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Who do you have in mind? Legitimate back-up QB’s are on endangered species list.

51. 51 Someguy77 said at 2:09 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

That is the tough part. Besides Kapernick and Osweiler the list is pretty slim.

They need a healthy QB. I don’t buy for a second that Foles is going to be ready to go in Week 1 if Wentz comes out.

52. 52 RC5000 said at 1:09 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

53. 53 RC5000 said at 1:14 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Josh Andrews cut by the Eagles, per his agent.

per BGN.

54. 54 Someguy77 said at 1:41 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Keeping 5 RBs is just really foolish. I hate how teams won’t move on from recent draft picks and admit they made a mistake.

Reminds me of Roseman signing Curry to that extension which was I bet largely based upon the fact he had been drafted by Roseman.

55. 55 Dave said at 1:57 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

If they keep 5 RBs, I think it says more about their lack of faith in Smallwood not get injured than anything else.

56. 56 Someguy77 said at 2:04 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Still hoping for a veteran RB trade, cut Clement, and put Pumphreys on the practice squad (the worry about him getting picked up by another team is overhyped especially after that poor display vs Jets backups).

Smallwood is a backup who splits carries, Blount is a specialist and carries more on games when they are ahead in the 2nd half, and Sproles is used as more of WR and they try to keep him fresh all year.

57. 57 Corry said at 1:42 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

As I’m waiting for all these roster moves, I’m watching Penn State. Saquon Barkley would look great in an Eagles uniform.

58. 58 RC5000 said at 1:50 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Yeah did you see his crazy power clean they showed? Here’s a link ICYMI. He ‘s probably going to be out of reach…

59. 59 Corry said at 2:00 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

yeah, my guess is he’s gone way before we get to pick unless he A) suffers an injury (hope not) or B) the wheels come off the Eagles team and we end up way worse than I’m expecting (also hope not). I don’t think we have the ammo to trade up considering we have no 2nd or 3rd round choices.

60. 60 A_T_G said at 2:06 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

We don’t have our own third, but don’t we have NE’s?

But to your general point, we probably don’t have a shot at most of the guys that look to be elite in September unless something bad happens.

61. 61 Corry said at 2:07 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

NE’s third is based on playing time for Rowe. If it’s +50% I think it goes to a 3rd round pick otherwise, it’s a 4th.

62. 62 or____ said at 2:01 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

We’d have to have a horrendous season to have a shot at him.

63. 63 Someguy77 said at 1:46 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Curry got mentioned on BGN radio today and they mentioned how little he showed in camp and that he is essentially untradeable.

Kendricks gets his share of criticism but he can play when he wants to and is healthy. Even Kelce for all his shortcomings had some strengths.

Curry is a 1-trick pony and can’t even do that well. I bet Barnett has the majority of snaps by Oct opposite Graham.

64. 64 Dave said at 1:53 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I think he’ll have the majority of the snaps by week 2.

65. 65 Someguy77 said at 1:59 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Depends on how Long looks and how this front 7 fares against the run.

Schwartz seems to like Long a lot. I bet he plays a lot of snaps early on even if he isn’t the starter, is surprisingly effective, and gets worn down by November.

66. 66 Dave said at 2:04 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I see Long as being on a snap count, regardless of how well he plays.

67. 67 Someguy77 said at 2:05 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I bet Long plays well and Schwartz rides the hit hand instead of having to blitz more.

68. 68 RC5000 said at 1:53 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Warmack is in…

69. 69 Corry said at 1:53 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

I don’t get that. I didn’t think he looked good at all in the preseason.

70. 70 RC5000 said at 2:01 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Agreed. There’s nothing very compelling about him either.

I guess they think he’s a project and Stoutland likes him.

71. 71 RC5000 said at 2:06 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

OT…Holy Crap , Brady will probably make him a Deion Branch…

72. 72 A_T_G said at 2:59 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Maybe a good guy to add to the bottom of your FF bench…

73. 73 Dragon_Eagle said at 2:09 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Donnie Jones is in and Johnston is out. No shocker, but I didn’t realize this was even a question. Article below speculates that Johnston could be put on PS, but that would be the biggest waste of a spot on the PS in the history of Practice Squads.

74. 74 Someguy77 said at 2:11 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Putting a punter on the practice squad is foolish. Quick correctly surmised that if Jones wasn’t going to punt in the last preseason game he had already won the job. Turned out to be 100% correct.

75. 75 RC5000 said at 2:11 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Dallas Thomas and Aaron Neary reportedly cut per BGN.

Down to 65, today’s cuts so far:

Aaron Neary C
    Josh Andrews OL
    Taylor Hart OT
    Byron Marshall RB
    CJ Smith CB

77. 77 A_T_G said at 2:47 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

The last minute timing is clearly indicative of Howie arranging a six team trade that will make all of dreams come true.

78. 78 RC5000 said at 2:49 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Down to 62, today’s rumored cuts so far:

Cam Johnston P
    Dallas Thomas OL
    Aaron Neary C
    Josh Andrews OL
    Taylor Hart OT
    Byron Marshall RB
    CJ Smith CB
    Jomal Wiltz, CB

79. 79 RC5000 said at 2:50 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

80. 80 RC5000 said at 2:59 PM on September 2nd, 2017:

Kempski is all salty over it lol. I mean he’s a dime a dozen back but let’s not act like he’s been bad…

81. 81 A_T_G said at 3:02 PM on September 2nd, 2017: