The Chiefs came to Philly and won an ugly game. The Eagles turned the ball over 6 times. The Chiefs selfishly held onto the football all night and didn’t share it with their hosts. Jerks.
The defense played better, but struggled late and the Chiefs were able to have a long drive in the 4th quarter that put the game away.
The offense had 431 yards. The problem is that they turned the ball over 5 times. Just can’t do that. Yards without points does you no good.
I have no idea what happened to Crazy Eyes Fipp’s STs. They had a really rough game. Muffed punt. Failed 2-point conversion attempt. Missed FG. Allowed long KOR to start the game. I expect Fipp to stare into some souls this week and let the guys know this cannot happen again.
I’m not overly depressed right now because I’ve got realistic expectations for this team. This isn’t a great Eagles team. Very flawed group. A 1-2 start isn’t shocking. I know some of you were dying to beat Andy Reid. I certainly wanted the Eagles to win the game, but beating Andy wasn’t a huge deal for me. I’ve got no hard feelings toward Big Red. I’m happy for his success in KC. The only thing that would tick me off is if he won the Super Bowl before the Eagles.
The Eagles have a long break before the next game. Some rest will do the players good. The coaches can make some schematic adjustments and they can see about working in some new players to the lineup if they want.
* Donnie Avery burned the Eagles, but he wasn’t a slot receiver most of the time. Ran a shallow cross and got key blocks from other WRs. Poor job of adjusting by Bill Davis.
* Mychal Kendricks has got to work on his tackling. Ugh.
* Did Jason Peters play his worst game as an Eagle?
* Is Shady McCoy going to post monster numbers this year? He’s so good in this scheme. And thank god the injury turned out to be more scary than real.
* Mike Vick didn’t play well. Pressure was a huge problem, but it looked like he was off beyond even that. Guys just have bad games from time to time. I’ll watch the tape carefully and see what was going on.
* Nate Allen played his best game in a while. That was encouraging.
* Vinny Curry played well. Get that man some more time. And Brandon Graham had half a sack. Loved seeing those two play well.
* This was the first game where the offense did miss Jeremy Maclin. KC was able to focus on DeSean and no other pass catcher really stood up. Avant made some plays, but he’s more of a complementary receiver.
* I’m happy that Big Red and Donovan did their thing and we can now focus on just football and current Eagles. I’m also happy that the Thursday night game is done. Hate those things.
* Was good to see Fletcher Cox play well.
* Just how bad is the NFC East this year? Teams are 0-7 in non-division games. Yikes. Good news…we’re still in the hunt for the title. First team to 9 wins gets the crown. Heck, 8 might just do it.