The Eagles talked to a bunch of players on Monday. They did not do that today. I’m not sure why, but there just wasn’t much action. We saw them talk to Safety Deone Bucannon. That’s it.
There was one very interesting thing the Eagles did. They measured players wrists and knees. They were doing everybody…FB, CB, DL, etc. They were cataloging information. My best guess is that they were trying to measure something about bodies and growth. That would be backed up by this. We talk all the time about players bulking up, but not everyone can. Some frames are filled out. I’ll write a full post on this.
Misc Eagles items
* CB Aaron Colvin tore his ACL. The Eagles were showing interest in him and he’d have been a terrific fit for the defense. The Eagles could still take him, but as a later pick and player for the future.
* The Eagles are benefiting in a way from guys like Jeremiah Attaochu, Marcus Smith and Michael Sam moving from 4-3 DE to 4-3 LB for the week. This gives the Eagles a chance to study how these guys play in space. They’ve got 4 years of tape on them as pass rushers. None of the guys looks smooth in space, but Smith and Attaochu look functional. That’s good enough.
* No Safety prospect has blown me away. Jimmie Ward would be interesting because of his ability to play the slot. I think Isaiah Lewis is the kind of tackler the defense could use.
* The PKs aren’t impressive.
* There are some versatile LBs here. Christian Jones is an ILB, but played half the season at DE for Florida State. Could the Eagles consider him at OLB? I’ve talked to Jimmy Bama about this for a couple of days. We’ve not had a chance to ask Jones yet. I also wonder if teams have considered Kyle Van Noy as an ILB. Will try to ask him that tomorrow if we can.