I’ll update the post during the day. Here’s what we’ve heard so far.
Clay Harbor gone. We assumed cut, but trade is possible.
Danny Watkins gone. No shocker there.
I want to thank the Eagles for the opportunity !!! Just wasn't in GODS plan
— Russell Shepard Jr.. (@LSUShep10) August 31, 2013
Good news for Salas and/or Maehl.
* Reuben Frank reported that S David Sims has been cut.
* Jeff McLane reported that Michael Bamiro has been cut, but that the Eagles want to keep him on the PS.
* * * * *
* SEA will cut CB Antoine Winfield. This is bad news. It means they’ll keep a young CB in his place. I don’t think the Eagles will be interested in Winfield, but that’s just a guess. I’m not sure he’d want to come here and be the #4 CB. We’re not sitting Boykin. And the Eagles like Williams and Fletcher.
Ron Parker or Byron Maxwell are still likely to be let go. Parker is more interesting to me.
* The Pats cut DE/LBs Marcus Benard and Jermaine Cunningham. Both guys could be OLBs of interest.
* Cleveland cut WR/TE David Nelson. Very interesting guy. Goes about 6-5, 220 and he’s really good in the slot. Played for the Bills in 2011 and was 61-658-5. Good Red Zone target.
Bob Bicknell coached TEs for the Bills in 2011. Nelson was a WR, but Bicknell certainly knows him and what he does well from seeing him in practice and on tape.
* The Pats let go of a couple of TEs. Some wonder if that means they could trade for Clay Harbor. It’s possible, but then the Eagles would need to find another TE. I guess the Eagles could keep Emil Igwenagu or they might like someone who is on the street, but I think dealing Harbor would be a longshot.
* The Skins cut CB Chase Minnifield. He had injury concerns coming out of college and then tore an ACL last July. Minnifield was a very good player at Virginia. If healthy, he could be an NFL CB. The Skins reportedly want to put him on their practice squad, but the fact they cut him tells you that they didn’t love the way he played this summer. I don’t know if the Eagles will want him. He’s only 5-10, 185. That’s not the big DB that Bill Davis and Chip Kelly prefer.
* Tim Tebow was cut. I hope I don’t have to say he’s of no interest…but he’s of no interest.
* * * * *
I put together a short Prospect Primer for some college players to watch today. Could be of interest to the Eagles.