The Vikings played their best game of the season today. And the Eagles couldn’t handle that.
I did not think it was possible for the Vikings to put up 48 points, with or without Adrian Peterson. I am completely shocked at today’s performance. That is the best I’ve seen Matt Cassel play in a long time, maybe ever. He was 26-35-382. Those are astounding numbers.
We have to give the Vikings credit for playing so well. Most Eagles fans will want to rip the team, but Minnesota earned a lot of those yards and points with good execution.
The Eagles did struggle for sure and the defense was dreadful today. There is lots of blame to go around. CB Bradley Fletcher was awful, especially late in the game when the Eagles were trying to make a miracle comeback.
Let’s go ahead and dispense with the notion that the Eagles weren’t focused, lacked heart or were flat. That kind of crap had nothing to do with today’s loss. Those are tired cliches.
The Eagles were sloppy today. There was no lack of effort or anything like that. This was all about poor execution.
* Nick Foles had a poor pass downfield that Riley Cooper couldn’t catch inbounds. A throw that is 2 yards to the inside is a TD.
* Foles then threw a needless low block on a reverse that negated a DeSean Jackson TD run.
* DeSean Jackson failed to break up an INT on a downfield pass.
* There was a pass to RB Mass Asiata where he was uncovered.
* There were more than a few missed tackles.
* There were some blown coverages.
* The blocking was inconsistent.
This was just a sloppy performance. Minnesota played terrific football and made the Eagles pay for these mistakes.
The Eagles now have to start pulling for the Packers to win in Dallas. Unfortunately, the Boys lead 13-3 at this point. Not looking like a good day.